Newcastle 0 Vs EPL Barca 1....will more records fall.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Newcastle 0 Vs EPL Barca 1....will more records fall....

Post by oloye »

paj wrote:
oloye wrote:Why not stay on your feet ? You had the freaking advantage you moron!
which player?
Na that Newcastle striker Gayle
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Why castle no play like this earlier
They would be 4 goals down by now.

You have to understand the strategic approach here...

This is why NC fans have confidence in their manager, even with his mistakes and missteps...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:Arguably the worst match so far thos xmas fixtures. Newcastle gave up even before the march started. Now they are trying to play and City is just contented to run down the time.
I think you are 100% wrong, the last 25 mins it's all castle

Read wetin oloye talk again. He has said Newcastle started playing too late and he's correct about that.

FT 1-0
Last edited by platinum on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Raheem complaining to Atsu that he nearly broke his waste with that gbabi ma gbabe dribble...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Very Burnleyesque display from Newcastle. All aboard, HMS Sean Dyche.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

txj wrote:

This is why NC fans have confidence in their manager, even with his mistakes and missteps...
There is little Rafa can do with these bunch...every time they line up to play i feel sorry for Rafa and every win they eke out i cannot help but admire the task! They did a good job today.

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

We just witnessed in the image of Pep blue collar work ethic - ManC don't do freebies - press on throw-ins. recovery runs & weak side help - on point. That comes from killer drills.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
txj wrote:

There is little Rafa can do with these bunch...every time they line up to play i feel sorry for Rafa and every win they eke out i cannot help but admire the task! They did a good job today.
Oh! You do? lost 12 games out of 20 games! Only Swansea has lost more games this season! Statistically, one of the worst coaches in the league this season. And yet, you commiserate. smh

This was a guy who spent the most amount of money in Div 2 last year, outspending many EPL teams. This year, same thing, he was given money to spend, but still he has been terrible.

Anyway, I like your bias, its admirable. :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by danfo driver on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:Arguably the worst match so far thos xmas fixtures. Newcastle gave up even before the march started. Now they are trying to play and City is just contented to run down the time.
:agree: :agree: :agree:
Why are you agreeing? Assnal is yet to play in this round
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Sterling had better watch out with his showboating. Otherwise, he will get injured.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Newcastle could use an Iheanacho :)
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

City were actually lightweight in this match. There is a crack here. It's just that no EPL team have be able to forcefully take and break them..
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:
:agree: :agree: :agree:
Why are you agreeing? Assnal is yet to play in this round
Arsenal is yet to play...wetin that get to do with anything? You see me carry Arsenal for head? Clear your eye well
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
txj wrote:

Oh! You do? lost 12 games out of 20 games! Only Swansea has lost more games this season! Statistically, one of the worst coaches in the league this season. And yet, you commiserate. smh

This was a guy who spent the most amount of money in Div 2 last year, outspending many EPL teams. This year, same thing, he was given money to spend, but still he has been terrible.

Strange you accuse me of bias, for someone who spent the whole of last season deriding Rafa and claiming he would not get promotion and refused to acknowledge his achievement...that is not bias?

Every team with poor players who eke out winning in an admirable manner gets my acknowledgement....it is that simple. Funny it only took this comment to draw you out....that was actually my intention because i was wondering where you've been since yesterday

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
txj wrote:

Strange you accuse me of bias, for someone who spent the whole of last season deriding Rafa and claiming he would not get promotion and refused to acknowledge his achievement...that is not bias?
Your bias is palpable. The same reason you absolutely refuse to say the truth about the brain dead Rashford, but you will jump up and own and scream at other players. Even players who are younger than Rashford. But when your empty skulled boy cannot make a simple decision, you go into hiding.

Here, if you chose to be honest, no way you can sit there and pretend that you dont know that, statistically, Benitez has been one of the worst coaches in the league! Not even in debate.
Every team with poor players who eke out winning in an admirable manner gets my acknowledgement....it is that simple. Funny it only took this comment to draw you out....that was actually my intention because i was wondering where you've been since yesterday
Draw me out of the Ndidi thread? :lol: :lol: :lol: Sir, I have been on CE all day. You needn't worry where I have been. I needn't complain about the empty skull of your boy, in order to be present on CE. :lol: :lol: :lol: Unlike you and others, I dont support any foreign team. I support only one team -- Nigeria. So, next time, if you are looking for me, either send me a p.m., or go into a thread about a Nigerian. You will find me there. :lol: Can you imagine! :rotf: :rotf: The man thinks I disappeared because a team I dont support drew a game vs a team i dont support. :rotf: :rotf: I be like Felarey to you? or whats the other guys name whose christmas was ruined. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Irony that for all the adulation City get, they struggled with a slight tactical wrinkle by Rafa. This is what Barca has dealt with for years in La Liga and Europe.

Watch the small teams in Spain play Barca; even while sitting deep, their ability to find moments to play, keep possession, and then attack on the break...

There is very little football substance in the PL; its all marketing hype...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

But for the wood work, would it have been a struggle? Risky ploy by Dyche, sorry Rafa, had Aguero been fine tuned, it could've been a bloodbath. That said, had he thrown his charges forward a tad earlier, could they have fashioned more chances?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:But for the wood work, would it have been a struggle? Risky ploy by Dyche, sorry Rafa, had Aguero been fine tuned, it could've been a bloodbath. That said, had he thrown his charges forward a tad earlier, could they have fashioned more chances?
not sure its that straightforward.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Its not, but City were tired and likely to have been lacking in defensive concentration alot early than the last 10, could Benitez have started swinging from the bell?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:^Its not, but City were tired and likely to have been lacking in defensive concentration alot early than the last 10, could Benitez have started swinging from the bell?

Reminds me of those counselors who advised Stark on the right moves to make re Joeffrey. He ended up with his head on a stick, well separated from his body!!!

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Chuffed about Virgil van Cliche? If Ned had had a better defence hey?!
City were heavy legged long before Rafa waved his team forward, could he have done so five or so minutes earlier? 5 minutes you say, whats five minutes going to do? Ask Mignolet.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:^Its not, but City were tired and likely to have been lacking in defensive concentration alot early than the last 10, could Benitez have started swinging from the bell?
it may be so, but I think its deeper than that. City has shown, in several games, that if you squeeze them and fight them, you will rough them up. The problem, i guess, is that all the teams they have played in the league, so far, have not been able to do that consistently through 90 minutes. They have done it in spurts, and when they have, City has been absolutely uncomfortable.

There was a game in the Bundesliga. I am not sure if you saw it. Mochendgladbach v Bayern. It was like 2 seasons ago, when Mochengladbach promoted thier bald youth coach. That game is a blue print of how to beat Guardiola's team. I dont think Guardiola has ever been beaten like that ever! Even the 4-0 games vs Real madrid etc was not that bad. Gladbach pressed them for 90 minutes, fought them, strangled them and it was not even close! Gladbach was unbelievable that day!

If you watch Pep's teams, one of their characteristics is that they win 50/50s. If you can take that away from them, you are going to mess them up really bad.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:
it may be so, but I think its deeper than that. City has shown, in several games, that if you squeeze them and fight them, you will rough them up. The problem, i guess, is that all the teams they have played in the league, so far, have not been able to do that consistently through 90 minutes. They have done it in spurts, and when they have, City has been absolutely uncomfortable.

There was a game in the Bundesliga. I am not sure if you saw it. Mochendgladbach v Bayern. It was like 2 seasons ago, when Mochengladbach promoted thier bald youth coach. That game is a blue print of how to beat Guardiola's team. I dont think Guardiola has ever been beaten like that ever! Even the 4-0 games vs Real madrid etc was not that bad. Gladbach pressed them for 90 minutes, fought them, strangled them and it was not even close! Gladbach was unbelievable that day!

If you watch Pep's teams, one of their characteristics is that they win 50/50s. If you can take that away from them, you are going to mess them up really bad.
I expect Liverpool at Anfield to do that with ease, they are built for that.