Monkey Chants and Uche Agbo's Reaction....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Monkey Chants and Uche Agbo's Reaction....

Post by Enugu II »

Police set to nab monkey-noise fan who taunted Uche Agbo
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/12/28/p ... uche-agbo/
By admin - December 28, 2017, 4:30 pm155 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Uche Agbo is held back during the fracas after he is sent off in Belgium
Belgian police hope that with the help of cameras images and social media they could identify the fan who taunted Uche Agbo with monkey-noise when he was sent off last night in a Belgian league game.

Uche Agbo was sent off after second booking in a match his team Standard Liege eventually lost 2-1 to home team KV Kortrijk.

However, the game we held up for several minutes when the Nigeria midfielder refused to leave the pitch and when he eventually did, he also swore at the home fans.

Standard Liege captain Sebastien Pocognolli said the behaviour of the fans must not go unpunished.

“I have never experienced any like this in Belgium,” he lamented.

“The game ought to have been stopped because of that.

“Something like this has to be punished.

“I can certainly understand the reaction of my player (Uche Agbo) especially after everything he has to listen to.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Monkey Chants and Uche Agbo's Reaction....

Post by Bell »

Enugu II wrote:

Belgian police hope that with the help of cameras images and social media they could identify the fan who taunted Uche Agbo with monkey-noise when he was sent off last night in a Belgian league game.

Uche Agbo was sent off after second booking in a match his team Standard Liege eventually lost 2-1 to home team KV Kortrijk.

However, the game we held up for several minutes when the Nigeria midfielder refused to leave the pitch and when he eventually did, he also swore at the home fans.

Standard Liege captain Sebastien Pocognolli said the behaviour of the fans must not go unpunished.

“I can certainly understand the reaction of my player (Uche Agbo) especially after everything he has to listen to.”
IT'S ONE REASON...

...I'm proposing the creation of a modern, privatized, lucrative professional domestic or W. African league which will bring the majority of the players back and protect them from incidents like this.
Bell
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Disgraceful, disgusting, cowardly, racist "fans"

A cowardly, disgraceful,racist enabling SOB of a ref..... :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :

[/video]
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

This is why I never listen to all those platitudes about "SAY NO TO RACISM"...talk is cheap...The game should have been abandoned and after inquiry, 3 points deducted and awarded to the other team

Its when it affects their pockets will people listen
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bell wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

IT'S ONE REASON...

...I'm proposing the creation of a modern, privatized, lucrative professional domestic or W. African league which will bring the majority of the players back and protect them from incidents like this.
Bell
Naive talk. There is only room for one elite club competition in world football - The UEFA Champions League. Every young player on the planet aspires to play in it, just as they aspire to play in the World Cup for their national teams.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Ayo, I don't see what is naive about developing a master league across Africa, obviously logistics need to be tied down first, but if we are to develop as a nation/continent, we need to at least start with a concept first.
UEFA currently is the leading football competiton at club level world wide but we shouldnt just accept that this is how it will always be
We can and should aspire to develop an African flavor
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

IT'S ONE REASON...

Bell
Naive talk. There is only room for one elite club competition in world football - The UEFA Champions League. Every young player on the planet aspires to play in it, just as they aspire to play in the World Cup for their national teams.
Mexico keeps most of its players at home. Not everyone can play for a European club.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I have a feeling his ban would be extended. A case of two wrongs, unfortunately, he should have left the scene as soon as he could. He exacerbated the situation by remaining on the pitch. I still sympathize with his situation.
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

And can somebody tell me why he didn’t leave the pitch when
He was sent off?

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He should have left the pitch
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

If Cantona can dish out kung fu kicks, surely a racially abused player can knock out one of these fans and take the forking ban?

Wha choo looking at?!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Cantona showed good technique.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

They will blame him for inflaming the situation by not leaving the field. But we don't know the kind of reception he was getting from the fan before the sending off. The sending off looks a little harsh to me
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

They racially abused a 12 year old boy, no outrage not even from black players, we have also accepted it
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

akamoke wrote:Ayo, I don't see what is naive about developing a master league across Africa, obviously logistics need to be tied down first, but if we are to develop as a nation/continent, we need to at least start with a concept first.
UEFA currently is the leading football competiton at club level world wide but we shouldnt just accept that this is how it will always be
We can and should aspire to develop an African flavor
THANK YOU, akamoke

I should have added that such a move would require boldness, creativity and self-confidence, qualities not that are not present among us all.

In this model, Africa would be divided into three or four regions and W. Africa as a pilot. Selected countries would have 2 - 4 teams each, leaving the rest of the domestic clubs as second tier. With the league open to foreign players and coaches, and managed by proven local or foreign professionals, with own TV and excellent marketing, with uncompromising facilities and security, excellent player travel/lodging arrangements, high quality local or foreign referees, the level of competition could be very high, stadiums would sell out every match day.

Rivalries could develop between clubs in the same country or in other countries. Different traditions could be started. I don't think it would be too hard to get consortiums in each country to acquire the franchises. Clubs could even be allowed, at their discretion, to play home matches outside their home stadium to kind of "spread the wealth".

For the home crowd, they can finally get to see their own players live instead of on TV all the time. And just imagine the national coach not having to travel round the globe to scout his players. Or the players doing the same for friendlies.

People can still watch the EPL but it would be right after they watch their local team.
Bell
Last edited by Bell on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

aruako1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

IT'S ONE REASON...

Bell
Mexico keeps most of its players at home. Not everyone can play for a European club.
YEP, IN A WELL-MANAGED LEAGUE...

...I can see the best players returning, even if it means trading a little of their salaries for all the benefits of playing at home. It could be proof of European stranglehold on FIFA that it tolerates a situation where the best players in the world are all concentrated in a small part of the world in a game that's supposed to be global.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Bell wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

IT'S ONE REASON...

Bell
TRUE, KIDS WANT TO PLAY IN UEFA BECAUSE...

...they've been conditioned to think that way and that's all they know. Luckily, they can also be conditioned to think differently. Progress proceeds from thinking outside the proverbial box. A non-soccer country like the US started the MLS and they are thriving. Because they are a people who dare and have great self-confidence and a can-do attitude. BTW, the MLS has three Canadian teams, one of which just won it all. Who knows how long before they add some teams from Mexico? And look what China has just started. You got to think, man. My fear is that there are too many who restrict themselves as though doing so would provoke an uncomfortable "who are these?" reaction from Europe.
Bell
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Disgraceful, disgusting, cowardly, racist "fans"

A cowardly, disgraceful,racist enabling SOB of a ref..... :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :

[/video]

That is your horrid fanbase! The team you love so much and the fans, whom you embrace. Please, spare us the hypocrisy. Thanks
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?