Behold your NFF President

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Behold your NFF President

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Cellular wrote:Mr. Pinnick is trying.

Yes, he can do better. We all can.

Hope he is taking the lessons he is learning along the way to good use.

Lastly, please stop ignoring our girls/women footie. That too can also be your legacy as taking them further than they have ever reached since 1999.

Ps., I know people mock and deride those that applaud people that 'try'... but it is my belief that when you applaud people that try, they tend to do more...
But folks were getting “mocked and derided” here for applauding a “trying” Pinnick...
On account of the fact that they had supposedly previously criticized Pinnick in the past.

I realize that we have set our national bar extremely LOW, but frankly (apart from the suits, use of social media and the constant regurgitation of cliches) I still fail to see the supposedly watershed difference that is apparently being celebrated (WCQ? SE sponsors? Paying foreign coach? Owing indigenous coaches? Check, check, check and checkmate). Now, incredibly folks are actually celebrating the “best” WC jersey that we have not even seen - that’s how bad things have gotten! SMDH
But atleast he holds him self accountable for some of his failures when did you ever meet a Nigerian that can do that and in public?
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Lastly, please stop ignoring our girls/women footie. That too can also be your legacy as taking them further than they have ever reached since 1999.

Ps., I know people mock and deride those that applaud people that 'try'... but it is my belief that when you applaud people that try, they tend to do more...
But folks were getting “mocked and derided” here for applauding a “trying” Pinnick...
On account of the fact that they had supposedly previously criticized Pinnick in the past.

I realize that we have set our national bar extremely LOW, but frankly (apart from the suits, use of social media and the constant regurgitation of cliches) I still fail to see the supposedly watershed difference that is apparently being celebrated (WCQ? SE sponsors? Paying foreign coach? Owing indigenous coaches? Check, check, check and checkmate). Now, incredibly folks are actually celebrating the “best” WC jersey that we have not even seen - that’s how bad things have gotten! SMDH
But atleast he holds him self accountable for some of his failures when did you ever met a Nigerian that can do that and in public?
please send him a big, nice, crunchy cookie.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Gotti wrote:

But atleast he holds him self accountable for some of his failures when did you ever met a Nigerian that can do that and in public?
please send him a big, nice, crunchy cookie.
I personally admitted I didn't think much of him before that interview and I'm still not entirely sold by him but if he is going to do what he says then maybe he deserves a cookie (Sainsburys chocolate and hazel nut),ogbunigwe isn't that the name of a former NFF/NFA president and Biafran weapons tech developer?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Abeg let us be....we are trying now. We used to celebrate availability of towels and massage, courtesy of Ms. Betty, aka oyibo-na-oyibo. We have now graduated to celebrating an indigenous NFF chairman that wears suits, has social media presence, and has promised us some phenomenal jerseys....plus he is an Arsenal fan, to boot.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bros, I am getting over ill-health and should not be laughing so hard...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:But atleast he holds him self accountable for some of his failures when did you ever meet a Nigerian that can do that and in public?
I never begrudge credit where/if due, so he gets his cookie (or perhaps a humble pie :D )...

Nonetheless, a much better course would have been not to suffered such elementary failures in the first instance. Timely appointment of coaches, organizing friendlies for the Falcons, and paying indigenous coaches is not exactly rocket science. These are some of the MINIMUM BASICS of national football administration.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:But atleast he holds him self accountable for some of his failures when did you ever meet a Nigerian that can do that and in public?
I never begrudge credit where/if due, so he gets his cookie (or perhaps a humble pie :D )...

Nonetheless, a much better course would have been not to suffered such elementary failures in the first instance. Timely appointment of coaches, organizing friendlies for the Falcons, and paying indigenous coaches is not exactly rocket science. These are some of the MINIMUM BASICS of national football administration.
I agree but his predecessors never admitted or accepted accountability so maybe it’s a new dawn hopfully not a false one but it’s up to Nigerians to listen to him and let him know that he needs to stay true to what he’s saying if they like what they’re hearing,he seems to use social media to promote himself so there’s no hiding in cyberspace!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Robotnik wrote:Friendly Schedule

Mar 23 - vs Poland
Mar 27 - vs unnamed
May 27 - vs African team in Abuja
June 2 - vs England
June 6 - vs unnamed (Tentative)
May 27 should be Nigeria vs Egypt in Uyo. Why should Uyo host all the qualifiers, and the government and people of Akwa Ibom bankroll logistics and get shafted by the NFF taking the farewell match to Abuja? The match should be a 'Thank You' match for the fans that consistently cheered the team IN UYO and also the State Government who went above and beyond to ensure we won virtually all our home matches in the WC qualifiers. Anyway, knowing the sheer incompetence of our maintenance folks, the Abuja stadium will not be able to host a friendly of that cachet by May. It is almost guaranteed not to be ready.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Obong wrote:May 27 should be Nigeria vs Egypt in Uyo. Why should Uyo host all the qualifiers, and the government and people of Akwa Ibom bankroll logistics and get shafted by the NFF taking the farewell match to Abuja? The match should be a 'Thank You' match for the fans that consistently cheered the team IN UYO and also the State Government who went above and beyond to ensure we won virtually all our home matches in the WC qualifiers. Anyway, knowing the sheer incompetence of our maintenance folks, the Abuja stadium will not be able to host a friendly of that cachet by May. It is almost guaranteed not to be ready.
There’s little or no ‘danger’ that the Abuja Stadium would be in any state for a (solitary) game by May...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL