Why Rohr dropped me from Eagles — Igiebor

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why Rohr dropped me from Eagles — Igiebor

Post by Sir V »

Igiebor was/is better than Etebor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/roh ... s-igiebor/

Super Eagles midfielder Nosa Igiebor has criticised the team’s Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr over comments the player called untrue and also claims he has been ignored for demanding game time. Igiebor fell out with the German tactician in the early days of the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers after the player told Brila FM, that he was unfairly confined to the bench and ‘overlooked for less quality players.

’ In a recent interview with the same radio station, Igiebor revealed the finer details of the innocuous conversation with Rohr that may have tipped his International career over the edge. The former Real Betis man said he approached the German tactician to inquire why he’s not getting game time and what he needed to work on.

“This is the standard in Europe when you’re not playing at your club. You approach the Gaffer, ask for game time or at least what you need to improve on.”

“Our Coach is European so, I thought he could relate. It actually shows I’m interested in playing for the national team rather than just sit on the bench.

“His response to my request was that he needed players who played in the big leagues and had that European experience.

“But, I played in Spain for Betis; I’ve played in the Champions League and Europa League.

“Instead he took it further and went to the press to say some players were only interested in collecting match bonuses,” the 27-year-old stressed. Currently, the midfielder plays his club football with Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Why Rohr dropped me from Eagles — Igiebor

Post by Damunk »

This guy is worryingly acting 'funny' nowadays.

Correct me if I am wrong but he came out with a similar 'accusation' earlier this year only to deny it publicly later. I think in that controversy he claimed to be 'better than' one of our midfielders.
I can't remember who it was.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Well if he had a shot before, this about cuts it off.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

metalalloy wrote:Well if he had a shot before, this about cuts it off.
He plays in the MLS and is no great shakes there. If anyone from that league should open his mouth, it's Adi.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

platinum wrote:
He plays in the MLS and is no great shakes there. If anyone from that league should open his mouth, it's Adi.
Don't know what happened after his Betis days where he was starting to come into his own, I think he had some injuries and it was all down hill from there.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

maceo4 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Don't know what happened after his Betis days where he was starting to come into his own, I think he had some injuries and it was all down hill from there.
Age happened. :(
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

platinum wrote:
Who's Adi?Has he ever played for Nigeria at any level?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
platinum wrote:

He has not, but platinum's point stands as Adi has performed a lot better in the MLS than Nosa at this point, and would address a spot in the team that no one has really locked down yet.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I just love Rohr. He will change the mentality of our players. Serves Igiebor right! No serious player will leave La Liga for Israel especially as Malaga and Almeria wanted to sign him. He chose money over the quality of the league and he is paying the price. It is no slurp that our players are making better moves in the transfer market.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Dammy wrote:I just love Rohr. He will change the mentality of our players. Serves Igiebor right! No serious player will leave La Liga for Israel especially as Malaga and Almeria wanted to sign him. He chose money over the quality of the league and he is paying the price. It is no surprise that our players are making better moves in the transfer market.
I am happy
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Few times I saw him play for the Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS this season, he appeared rather lackadaisical on the ball and his off the ball movements were very poor.
The reason he got dumped by Rohr was because he simply didn't cut it. Period. No ands, ifs or buts!
Dammy wrote:I just love Rohr. He will change the mentality of our players. Serves Igiebor right! No serious player will leave La Liga for Israel especially as Malaga and Almeria wanted to sign him. He chose money over the quality of the league and he is paying the price. It is no slurp that our players are making better moves in the transfer market.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

metalalloy wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
platinum wrote:

He has not, but platinum's point stands as Adi has performed a lot better in the MLS than Nosa at this point, and would address a spot in the team that no one has really locked down yet.
ok but I don't think he can open his mouth,Igiebor is not crying because he wants to make the team he's crying because he was dropped,if this Adi came out starts complaining it wouldn't make sense and certainly wouldn't help his case as he never played in any qualifiers not even AFCON let alone a friendly so why even mention him and why now?
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

I am not getting. Was he ever in the team?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Otitokoro wrote:Few times I saw him play for the Vancouver Whitecaps in the MLS this season, he appeared rather lackadaisical on the ball and his off the ball movements were very poor.
The reason he got dumped by Rohr was because he simply didn't cut it. Period. No ands, ifs or buts!
Dammy wrote:I just love Rohr. He will change the mentality of our players. Serves Igiebor right! No serious player will leave La Liga for Israel especially as Malaga and Almeria wanted to sign him. He chose money over the quality of the league and he is paying the price. It is no slurp that our players are making better moves in the transfer market.
True but this is Nigeria we are talking about are the NFF learning from Rhor? Will they set a standard after his contract ends so the next coach will have to improve on his work or will the next regime of NFF clowns destroy what is being done at present and before you tell me not to be negative the past shows how it works in Nigeria and progression isn't the goal the likes of Igiebor may return due to lazy coaching recruitments.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Damunk wrote:This guy is worryingly acting 'funny' nowadays.

Correct me if I am wrong but he came out with a similar 'accusation' earlier this year only to deny it publicly later. I think in that controversy he claimed to be 'better than' one of our midfielders.
I can't remember who it was.
You are correct he said he didn’t want to be called up for una only to sit on the bench. He never denied saying it.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Keshi (and a lot of Eagus faithful) was a big fan pre 2013 ANC; in fact he started the first game vs B Faso and absolutely stank the joint up. He got another chance vs Zambia and was subbed in the 2nd half. I remember thinking back then that for a central mid with such ability and skill he conciously and consistently ran away from receiving the ball even when he was open. He never played again as Naija went all the way....

He was fit as far as I’m aware and had been playing regularly at Betis; plus had 4-5 caps already and didn’t look out of place. One of those “things that make you go hmmm...”
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Igiebor, another player who fell by the wayside. We all had great hopes for him but alas, he did not live up to his promise.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Looks like he's never gonna play in a World Cup? Damn shame.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Shut up and improve your game. Coaches want to remain employed and will find the best available players to help them maintain their position.

Too much noise is just annoying. Nosa shut up and focus on being the best at your craft
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

tedder89 wrote:Keshi (and a lot of Eagus faithful) was a big fan pre 2013 ANC; in fact he started the first game vs B Faso and absolutely stank the joint up. He got another chance vs Zambia and was subbed in the 2nd half. I remember thinking back then that for a central mid with such ability and skill he conciously and consistently ran away from receiving the ball even when he was open. He never played again as Naija went all the way....

He was fit as far as I’m aware and had been playing regularly at Betis; plus had 4-5 caps already and didn’t look out of place. One of those “things that make you go hmmm...”
tedder89,

It was not about him hiding from the ball at AFCON2013. It was him playing as a second forward instead of in the midfield and turning the formation that was supposedly 4-3-3 into a 4-2-4. Keshi, as the reports go, was restrained from going after him after he repeatedly neglected instructions on how to play. Eventually, Keshi took I'm off, tried Obiora, and then I believe that is how Sunday Mba got in and then exploded. Maybe then he may have also mouthed off how Keshi was playing a local player ahead of him (a pro playing in Spain for that matter :dream: ). BTW, we read that on CE as well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The bottom line is that he wasn't pulling his weight in training and was consequently dropped from the team. In addition, he hasn't done anything since being dropped to warrant Rohr having a rethink. Very talented player who has not developed to his full potential.

Is he more talented than some of the players that are ahead of him in the pecking order?

Yes.

But is he a better player than them?

Nope.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
platinum wrote:
Adi was called up and in camp for 2017 ANCQ games against Egypt...
He was also reportedly called up twice for the U23s for the 2012 Olympic qualifiers.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

I have seen him in the MLS. He is shadow of what he was.

<