Puel explains that Musa is not good enough

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Puel explains that Musa is not good enough

Post by vancity eagle »

Puel explains why Musa has not been playing. To put it simply he says he is not better than who is playing ahead of him. 3 coaches have come to the same conclusion. It is time for Nigerians and more importantly Gernhot Rohr to wake up and look elsewhere. It is sickening that we are halfway through the season and a player who has not played even ONE MATCH, and cannot even make the bench is trying to sneak his way in to the World Cup.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/12/29/le ... ing-games/
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Puel explains that Musa is not good enough

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:Puel explains why Musa has not been playing. To put it simply he says he is not better than who is playing ahead of him. 3 coaches have come to the same conclusion. It is time for Nigerians and more importantly Gernhot Rohr to wake up and look elsewhere. It is sickening that we are halfway through the season and a player who has not played even ONE MATCH, and cannot even make the bench is trying to sneak his way in to the World Cup.

You are quite dishonest here. Here is the exact quote:
He’s a good player with quality. For me he’s not a striker, he’s a winger who can play on the left or right,” Puel explained.

“He can attack space, has good penetration but there’s imbalance in competition with (Marc) Albrighton, (Demarai) Gray and (Riyad) Mahrez.

“Sometimes it’s tough, it’s difficult for the staff to make a choice and give him more game time but in training sessions he always has a positive attitude and this is very important for him and the squad.”
How the f do you reach the asinine conclusion you reached above based off his alleged statement? Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber? Do we play the same system as Leicester? Would the SE necessarily use Musa the way Puel envisions his role at Leicester?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote: How the f do you reach the asinine conclusion you reached above based off his alleged statement? Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber? Do we play the same system as Leicester? Would the SE necessarily use Musa the way Puel envisions his role at Leicester?
I think you can make your point without being insulting! This is actually a ban-able offense!

Albrighton and Grey better than Moses? Iwobi? or even Onyekuru? Those two play for Leicester, and the other 3 player for bigger clubs! Then you have Osarenren-Obazee who is comfortably better than those two, and has been sought after by much bigger clubs!

I am not going to mention Mahrez, because I dont want to derail this thread.

But, please, show some respect, abeg. This is not acceptable. Can you imagine? Gray and Albrighton???!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG!!! :lol: Damn! Nigeria has suffered! Can you imagine? Albrighton?? Gray?! E good to be born by foreigners sha! :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote: How the f do you reach the asinine conclusion you reached above based off his alleged statement? Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber? Do we play the same system as Leicester? Would the SE necessarily use Musa the way Puel envisions his role at Leicester?
I think you can make your point without being insulting! This is actually a ban-able offense!

Albrighton and Grey better than Moses? Iwobi? or even Onyekuru? Those two play for Leicester, and the other 3 player for bigger clubs! Then you have Osarenren-Obazee who is comfortably better than those two, and has been sought after by much bigger clubs!

But, please, show some respect, abeg. This is not acceptable. Can you imagine? Gray and Albrighton???!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG!!! :lol:
Perhaps you should remove the log in your eye before you talk about the speck in others. You are the last person on this site to speak to the highlighted above, if the rules of the forum were enforced, you would have been banned eons ago. But i digress.

Going to the point above. He may not be better skill wise than Moses or Iwobi, Onyekuru is still tbd as we haven't seen him in extended action in the SE. However, it is not only about their skill, there are intangibles that are considered in putting together a squad that goes beyond mere ability. Rohr in the past, has specifically highlighted Musa's experience and positive influence on his teammates, and i highlight, the same positive attitude that was also mentioned by Puel. His ability in both the SE and other clubs that he has played for is beyond doubt. That could be why Rohr, despite Musa's inaction on game day squads still sees him as key to the SE.

Ps. you people need to get off this rubbish about "x plays for this club" and thus is more relevant to the SE. Club affiliation is not and can not be the main criteria for selecting a team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Musa is very much needed thank you!
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

metalalloy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Puel explains why Musa has not been playing. To put it simply he says he is not better than who is playing ahead of him. 3 coaches have come to the same conclusion. It is time for Nigerians and more importantly Gernhot Rohr to wake up and look elsewhere. It is sickening that we are halfway through the season and a player who has not played even ONE MATCH, and cannot even make the bench is trying to sneak his way in to the World Cup.

He’s a good player with quality. For me he’s not a striker, he’s a winger who can play on the left or right,” Puel explained.

“He can attack space, has good penetration but there’s imbalance in competition with (Marc) Albrighton, (Demarai) Gray and (Riyad) Mahrez.

“Sometimes it’s tough, it’s difficult for the staff to make a choice and give him more game time but in training sessions he always has a positive attitude and this is very important for him and the squad.”
How the f do you reach the asinine conclusion you reached above based off his alleged statement? Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber? Do we play the same system as Leicester? Would the SE necessarily use Musa the way Puel envisions his role at Leicester?
Ol boy, I don tire for internet coaches o. Anytime a player is going through challenges we immediately throw them under the bus.
Musa was good enough foe Leicester to buy him. He was good enough to almost singlehandedly get us something from the game with Argentina. Leicester have their brand of brothers and almost all the stars recently bought are finding it difficult get into the team.
The only person that should decide if Musa is good enough for our squad is Rohr.
We should not be assisting in slaying our players
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

But, please, show some respect, abeg. This is not acceptable. Can you imagine? Gray and Albrighton???!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG!!! :lol:
Perhaps you should remove the log in your eye before you talk about the speck in others. You are the last person on this site to speak to the highlighted above, if the rules of the forum were enforced, you would have been banned eons ago. But i digress.

Going to the point above. He may not be better skill wise than Moses or Iwobi, Onyekuru is still tbd as we haven't seen him in extended action in the SE. However, it is not only about their skill, there are intangibles that are considered in putting together a squad that goes beyond mere ability. Rohr in the past, has specifically highlighted Musa's experience and positive influence on his teammates, and i highlight, the same positive attitude that was also mentioned by Puel. His ability in both the SE and other clubs that he has played for is beyond doubt. That could be why Rohr, despite Musa's inaction on game day squads still sees him as key to the SE.

Ps. you people need to get off this rubbish about "x plays for this club" and thus is more relevant to the SE. Club affiliation is not and can not be the main criteria for selecting a team.
One of these days someone will ask an EPL coach to select the SE team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Enugu II wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

One of these days someone will ask an EPL coach to select the SE team.
i am surprised we havent had that yet lol! these coaches put their english boy over anybody first, look at what drogba went through in his early days same with mikel at one point. Musa just needs someone that belives in him, apart from that he needs to work on that his crosses before the world cup, we will need that
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The thing is though I was telling you Musa was not good enough before he even went to Leicester.

Him being good enough has nothing to do with his failure at Leicester, but his consecutive poor outings for SE, where he ran around like a headless chicken into culdesaques of defenders, playing with his head down. His final ball has always been poor. He is especially poor playing against teams that sit back.

Leicester is simply confirmation of what I had been saying.

If we want to aspire to be something great, then Musa is simply not good enough, even for a bench role.

If we are satisfied with being an average African team that may once in a while make the WC second round and nothing more, then by all means Musa is the kind of player we want.

In fact what I am saying is this. If Musa is the best we have, then so be it. But for crying out loud it is time to give others a chance and see what they can do.

we must look at

Dennis Bonaventure
Noah Saraneen Bazee
Isaac Success

and before Onyekuru was injured he was never given a fair shot

This is criminal when you have a headless chicken who cannot even make his struggling teams bench.

If these players who deserve a legitimate shot, prove they are no better than Musa, then fine.

Both Iwobi and Simon Moses who were given chances showed they are easily better than Musa, I see no reason why others cannot do the same.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote:

PUel said quite clearly that Musa is not good enough for Leicester, and outlined the players ahead of him. He even said the competition was not even, meaning that Musa is quite far behind those he is competing with , which would explain why he cannot even make the bench.

SE have better wingers overall than Leicester. If Musa is not good enough for Leicester, then he certainly is not good enough for SE.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:The thing is though I was telling you Musa was not good enough before he even went to Leicester.

Him being good enough has nothing to do with his failure at Leicester, but his consecutive poor outings for SE, where he ran around like a headless chicken into culdesaques of defenders, playing with his head down. His final ball has always been poor. He is especially poor playing against teams that sit back.

Leicester is simply confirmation of what I had been saying.

If we want to aspire to be something great, then Musa is simply not good enough, even for a bench role.

If we are satisfied with being an average African team that may once in a while make the WC second round and nothing more, then by all means Musa is the kind of player we want.

In fact what I am saying is this. If Musa is the best we have, then so be it. But for crying out loud it is time to give others a chance and see what they can do.

we must look at

Dennis Bonaventure
Noah Saraneen Bazee
Isaac Success

This is criminal when you have a headless chicken who cannot even make his struggling teams bench.

If these players who deserve a legitimate shot, prove they are no better than Musa, then fine.

Both Iwobi and Simon Moses who were given chances showed they are easily better than Musa, I see no reason why others cannot do the same.
But the coach is already giving others a chance. Keeping Musa in the fold and looking at the likes of Bazee are not mutually exclusive. Rohr has invited Bazee already so he is being looked at. Success (who i am a huge fan of) hasn't done anything of note either to warrant being looked at. He has been hurt and Only just came back to training at Watford, yet you are listing him over Musa who has been training and has at least played in a cup game? Rohr has also said that he is monitoring Bonaventure. Who exactly is Musa preventing from having a shot? how many minutes has he featured for Nigeria lately? The last game, he came in the 90 min if i recall.

Musa was good enough for Leicester to break their record signing fee on him. The coach who signed him is gone, and he had the well publicized domestic issue that didn't help his cause. Also, other forwards like Iheanacho and Slimani are also facing playing time issues at Leicester. Are they also rubbish?
Look, I have been as frustrated with Musa as much as anyone on this forum with his inconsistent displays for Nigeria. However, the same can be said for almost any other SE player including Mikel. He does not deserve as much slag as he gets from this forum (especially from you). Which player that would take Musa's spot that can guarantee that Nigeria will make it to the next level?

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

vancity eagle wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

PUel said quite clearly that Musa is not good enough for Leicester, and outlined the players ahead of him. He even said the competition was not even, meaning that Musa is quite far behind those he is competing with , which would explain why he cannot even make the bench.

SE have better wingers overall than Leicester. If Musa is not good enough for Leicester, then he certainly is not good enough for SE.
You're talking tosh. We don't need Puel to tell us the value of our players. Coaches are not God, if they were Mourinho would not have let some serious talent go and look at them now.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:

No sir, that is 100% inaccurate. I suggest you go back and read carefully what he said, because it is quite clear that you must have browsed it the first time from what you wrote above.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

metalalloy wrote:

Kpom. :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Puhlease!

a. Dennis Bonaventure has been confined to the bench - he has lost his starting spot and the following Club Brugges players are above him in the pecking order: Diaby, Vanhaken, Vossen and the Brazilian Wesley. His stock has taken a plunge in recent times.

b. Sarenren Bazee is coming off an injury and has had bit part roles with Hannover 96. Too early to make a call but wouldn't pick him over Musa at this time.

c. Issac Moses hasn't done anything this season to warrant a discussion (besides his drinking and whore chasing). At least, Musa has been playing competitively with the Leicester U23 squad.

d. Onyekuru was given opportunity by Rohr to prove himself in the SE. He flunked. The same complaint his Anderletch coach continuously made about him is likely to be the same reason why Rohr was not impressed - he is very poor defensively. Musa offers more than he does. Period.
vancity eagle wrote: If Musa is the best we have, then so be it. But for crying out loud it is time to give others a chance and see what they can do.

we must look at

Dennis Bonaventure
Noah Saraneen Bazee
Isaac Success

Last edited by Otitokoro on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Musa makes a good speedy sub when we are looking to hit teams on the counter

Algeria (gave the assist for Victor Moses goal )
Argentina (gave the assist for Iwobi goal)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I understand why you are emotional, but I stand by my statement that anyone who thiks Albrighton or Gray is better than Iwobi, Moses, Onyekuru or even Osarenren-Obazee should be banned very quickly. Such a person should not be allowed to engage in conversation here, not even open for debate. :D

As for the rest of your statement, you have said nothing important that deserves my response. You also seem to be having difficulty this afternoon, as I didnt mention Musa once in my comment and I am not interested in discussing Musa. Please, tell your employer that you did not see me. My statement to you earlier was pointed at this:
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
As I stated earlier, and stand firm, anyone who makes this type of comment is not very educated about football and needs to be banned, swiftly. Dont you agree? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I understand why you are emotional, but I stand by my statement that anyone who thiks Albrighton or Gray is better than Iwobi, Moses, Onyekuru or even Osarenren-Obazee should be banned very quickly. Such a person should not be allowed to engage in conversation here, not even open for debate. :D

As for the rest of your statement, you have said nothing important that deserves my response. You also seem to be having difficulty this afternoon, as I didnt mention Musa once in my comment and I am not interested in discussing Musa. Please, tell your employer that you did not see me. My statement to you earlier was pointed at this:
As I stated earlier, and stand firm, anyone who makes this type of comment is not very educated about football and needs to be banned, swiftly. Dont you agree? :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: of course you are not. You come into a thread titled "Puel explains that Musa is not good enough"musa, but are not interested in discussing Musa you wish to run off on a tangent as usual :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Well I'm not interested in discussing with someone who makes up utter scenarios he wishes to discuss, and is incapable of staying on tropic, so carry on Lil fella, carry on. :clap:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

If purl or meow refuses to list Musa or kele tomorrow, I pray they get thomped by mo salah and sane...Amen
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: of course you are not. You come into a thread titled "Puel explains that Musa is not good enough"musa, but are not interested in discussing Musa you wish to run off on a tangent as usual :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I strongly disagree. I think my position is clear. My disagreement with your statement surrounds "Albrighton and Gray." You think these two average backyard players who cannot even make the English squad are better than anything we have. I reject that immediately, as it is preposterous! And I demanded that you be banned for such a comment.

Albrighton and Gray are absolutely not even close to the level of Moses, Iwobi, Onyekuru and even Osarenren-Bazee.
Well I'm not interested in discussing with someone who makes up utter scenarios he wishes to discuss, and is incapable of staying on tropic, so carry on Lil fella, carry on. :clap:
lol. he called me "lil fella." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats cute.

But you are right, this is not open for debate. No way in hell are Albrighton and Gray better than Moses, Iwobi, Onyekuru and even Osarenren-Bazee. And truth be told, an honest man will apologize for that statement and leave the forum, on his own volition, for 3 weeks, as penance. :D
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:If purl or meow refuses to list Musa or kele tomorrow, I pray they get thomped by mo salah and sane...Amen

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Even at his best, Ahmed Musa is never going to be good enough for the Super Eagles
[2] He played one good game against Argentina in 2010, scoring twice but that does not make him a good player
[3] At best, Ahmed Musa will be another Theo Walcott, Aaron Lennon or James Milner
[4] Like Tijani Babangida, Pius Ikedia and Simon Moses, all Ahmed Musa can do is put his head down and run
[5] One-dimensional players like this are not what you need if you want to win a tournament, as a against just participating in it
[6] At a World Cup where build-up play, possession, trickery, intricate passing in the last third, selling dummies, running into space, dragging defenders out of position, etc are what is needed, Ahmed Musa simply does not fit the bill
[7] Like Leicester, we have better wide forwards in the form of Victor Moses, Henry Onyekuru, Noah Bazee, Cyriel Dessers and Denis Bonaventure available, so Ahmed Musa is surplus to requirements
[8] In all fairness to Rohr, I think he long realised this, which is why Musa barely featured at all in qualification
[9] I suspect Musa is a good guy to have around the dressing room, which is why Rohr wants him around the team
[10] I suspect that what will happen is Musa will be taken to Russia as part of the backroom team. Rohr may just put him on the standby list, so he has official cover to be there. If he is a great patriot and a great guy who motivates the players, I think it makes sense to have him in the set-up in a non-playing capacity.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I see headless chicken, Musa will leave egg on many CE faces this coming World Cup.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu