I fear Zapacosta will soon bench Moses...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: I fear Zapacosta will soon bench Moses...

Post by Cellular »

THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

The stupidity of this thread...
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Zapacosta needed to improve and fortunately for all parties, has done. There is nothing better for the footballer than competition, cast a glance at My Son at Beloved, a few seaons back, he was challenging Usain Bolt to a sprint off, these days, Chris Brunt is cutting inside. Bellerin, both as a consequence of curriculum and lack of competition, has become absolute garbage for a prolonged period, such that the council have been called by locals to arrange for removal. Pathetic.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Zapacosta replaced Moses and within 5 minutes and he was beaten twice including on the move leading to Arsenal's goal.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

truetalk wrote:Zapacosta replaced Moses and within 5 minutes and he was beaten twice including on the move leading to Arsenal's goal.
He redeemed himself though after that and gave a fine assist. Moses will need to up his game, he can do much better than what he showed today, also seemed a little disinterested.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:Zapacosta replaced Moses and within 5 minutes and he was beaten twice including on the move leading to Arsenal's goal.
He redeemed himself though after that and gave a fine assist. Moses will need to up his game, he can do much better than what he showed today, also seemed a little disinterested.
Moses on his day is one of the best, he didn't look interested today.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Prince wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Hopefully, Zappa will push him to up his game. Zappa definitely getting some confidence from today's game. He crosses and he shoots.. He times his offensive runs better than Moses.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I don't know what has happened to Moses. He's been simply afraid to attack and take his man one on one. Today's own was bad because Arsenal played the young boy from their academy attack left wing back. He really needs to sit up. Today's performance is troubling for me.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

green4life wrote:I don't know what has happened to Moses. He's been simply afraid to attack and take his man one on one. Today's own was bad because Arsenal played the young boy from their academy attack left wing back. He really needs to sit up. Today's performance is troubling for me.

Moses had a terrible game today. He was not his usual self. Let us put it down to fatigue as a result of the hectic Xmas schedule.

Fingers crossed, he will back to his best in their next game. He looked very heavy today.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

analyzer wrote:
Prince wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Hopefully, Zappa will push him to up his game. Zappa definitely getting some confidence from today's game. He crosses and he shoots.. He times his offensive runs better than Moses.
don't worry he reminds me of baba anytime they try to bench him he raises his game to another level and Moses has another level
Oya back to the matter
open and close
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:
If zappacosta played 90mins Arsenal would’ve killed them on that flank. Men we hiabwod hope.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Prince wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Prince wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
don't worry he reminds me of baba anytime they try to bench him he raises his game to another level and Moses has another level
He has no other level. This is the Moses will know. Every team he has ever played on, he has a good start, then finds his way to the bench due to poor play. The same is happening here. I can see it coming.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
green4life wrote:I don't know what has happened to Moses. He's been simply afraid to attack and take his man one on one. Today's own was bad because Arsenal played the young boy from their academy attack left wing back. He really needs to sit up. Today's performance is troubling for me.

Moses had a terrible game today. He was not his usual self. Let us put it down to fatigue as a result of the hectic Xmas schedule.

Fingers crossed, he will back to his best in their next game. He looked very heavy today.
It's not fatigue. He's been increasingly tentative in his play this season. Moses strength is the dribble and his physical frame on the ball. But it requires a confident player to put it together. This season he has mostly been a shadow of himself and when you get shut down by an academy kid whose name I can barely remember, then you know you have a problem. As a defender he's better than zapacosta but that's it. The problem is a wing back is expected to attack and contribute to creating chances. This is where Moses has poor this season especially as punctuated by today's game.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

green4life wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

It's not fatigue. He's been increasingly tentative in his play this season. Moses strength is the dribble and his physical frame on the ball. But it requires a confident player to put it together. This season he has mostly been a shadow of himself and when you get shut down by an academy kid whose name I can barely remember, then you know you have a problem. As a defender he's better than zapacosta but that's it. The problem is a wing back is expected to attack and contribute to creating chances. This is where Moses has poor this season especially as punctuated by today's game.
Kpom!!!

Worst case scenario - Hope he is saving himself for WC
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

It's games like he had last night are the reason a lot of teams are afraid of playing him as a winger. He is too predictable in his movements and he also isn't a good finisher or crosser. He has a good work rate and good defensive contribution which is his saving grace.

Also I don't think that academy kid Maitland-Niles is given enough credit. If you saw him in the Arsenal game against Liverpool he kept Salah mostly quiet until Salah went central and scored his goal.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Moses has not been the same since he returned from injury. His performance yesterday was pretty bad. But that young Arsenal youth wing back is a future star.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

What was so bad about Moses's game against Arsenal? Numbers don't lie, with Moses zero goals conceded, without Moses two goals conceded. Chelsea's first goal was a pk, zappacosta got a lucky bounce and struggled to assist for the second, he did not beat his man cleanly. It's one game, Moses is world class, if the coach wants to get fired then he can continue to play zappacosta. Moses created so many chances and Morata could not score, but the low IQ and low EQ Moses haters want to blame Victor
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

bushboy wrote:
Prince wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Prince wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Moses on his day is one of the best, he didn't lo to up his game. Zappa definitely getting some confidence from today's game. He crosses and he shoots.. He times his offensive runs better than Moses.
He has no other level. This is the Moses will know. Every team he has ever played on, he has a good start, then finds his way to the bench due to poor play. The same is happening here. I can see it coming.
It almost sounds as if you hate the guy. :roll: :roll:
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

To be honest, Moses has been a little off form, not peaked again after returning from his last injury lay off..
This rating was very objective.. Maitland the youngster gave Moses a tough time really..
http://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/f ... a-14110678
afc##
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I can see Moses being rested for the next two or three games. I do put his lack of form down to fatigue as he played some of his best football after coming back from his injury lay-off when he was fresh again.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

My fears rekindled.. Zapa played very well yesterday for the shortime he came in.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.