Arsenal fans how do you really feel about Iwobi?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Arsenal fans how do you really feel about Iwobi?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Na wa for my people ooooo. Whenever our boys are not performing, we blame the club. I did not see anyone blame Arsenal when Ozil was playing badly!
are you seriously and with a straight face, comparing a 21 year old academy kid in arguably his 2nd full season in the first team with a veteran like Ozil?
How old is Jesus Gabriel?
:? How did we go from comparing Arsenal's treatment of Iwobi and Ozil to Jesus Gabriel?

Srs question, Bros, do you have ADD?
He asked how I can compare a mere 21 year old with a veteran, so I decided to remind him that Jesus Gabriel is younger than Iwobi. Some of the best players in the Premiership are younger than all our boys:

Jesus Gabriel - 20
Marcus Rashford - 20
Anthony Martial - 22
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Na wa for my people ooooo. Whenever our boys are not performing, we blame the club. I did not see anyone blame Arsenal when Ozil was playing badly!
are you seriously and with a straight face, comparing a 21 year old academy kid in arguably his 2nd full season in the first team with a veteran like Ozil?
:? How did we go from comparing Arsenal's treatment of Iwobi and Ozil to Jesus Gabriel?

He asked how I can compare a mere 21 year old with a veteran, so I decided to remind him that Jesus Gabriel is younger than Iwobi. Some of the best players in the Premiership are younger than all our boys:

Jesus Gabriel - 20
Marcus Rashford - 20
Anthony Martial - 22
Sigh.. what was the context of the discussion? I asked how you compared a 21 year old kid in his second full season to a seasoned veteran who was the club record signing! The discussion was over the treatment by the club and fans towards both players and had little to do with their ages!

FYI Jesus Gabriel played 2 seasons in Brazil before coming to the EPL. Anthony Martial played two seasons in Monaco and a few games at Lyon before coming to Manchester United! Even if they are around the same age, they are not comparable experience wise to an academy player who was yanked midway in his first season with the full squad!

Rashford is definitely comparable as they came into the league around the same time and following the same path. Apart from a certain simpleton on this forum, Have you heard Rashford being bashed by a bunch of Manchester united fans on their version of "Arsenal TV"?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:...hmm, suddenly some don dey hate on this kid who gave a good account with crucial goal vs Zambia and gave us wins to qualify for Russia. Idiotic agents, crooks at best.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Jesus Gabriel - 20
Marcus Rashford - 20
Anthony Martial - 22
Sigh.. what was the context of the discussion? I asked how you compared a 21 year old kid in his second full season to a seasoned veteran who was the club record signing! The discussion was over the treatment by the club and fans towards both players and had little to do with their ages!

FYI Jesus Gabriel played 2 seasons in Brazil before coming to the EPL. Anthony Martial played two seasons in Monaco and a few games at Lyon before coming to Manchester United! Even if they are around the same age, they are not comparable experience wise to an academy player who was yanked midway in his first season with the full squad!

Rashford is definitely comparable as they came into the league around the same time and following the same path. Apart from a certain simpleton on this forum, Have you heard Rashford being bashed by a bunch of Manchester united fans on their version of "Arsenal TV"?
Do you accept that Iwobi stank up the joint so much yesterday, nobody can defend him? Now ask yourself if Rashford has ever played so badly for Man United before.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Jesus Gabriel - 20
Marcus Rashford - 20
Anthony Martial - 22

Do you accept that Iwobi stank up the joint so much yesterday, nobody can defend him? Now ask yourself if Rashford has ever played so badly for Man United before.

I didn't watch the arsenal game, so I'll defer to you on that one. It is more than possible that Iwobi had a stinker. But so does every single player! The same martial you listed above was on his way out to loan this past summer! Rashford, i havent seen every Manure game, but a quick search reveals how he was treated when went through a poor patch and a stinker last year against Everton by his coach:
"Marcus Rashford doesn't score a [Premier League] goal since September, the only thing he deserves is support, nothing else, no critics, support. He works, he works, he works, he tries, he tries, he tries. He plays through the middle, he plays on the left, on the right, through the middle, he tries.
When asked if Rashford was specifically lacking confidence, Mourinho replied: "It's easy to see and the kid is desperate, he tries.
"And it's not a surprise for me, the second year after the first one by surprise, it's something maybe one day I will try to find if it happens the same with some Ryan Giggs or some of these guys, they appear as a kid and then the next year probably it's not the same.

"But the kid is phenomenal, amazing professional, amazing professional, so no problem I told him just now. No problem. Keep going."
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... d-12846551

That is how a coach and a club treats a struggling player. That is the difference!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Iwobi had a problem with Sanchez and was told to differ to sanchez as he was more senior to him.....the truth was that sanchez was wrong. since then he plays better in training than he does in the league.

Wenger was saying about his body language just 2 weeks ago and actually when you look back at the matches....coming out from the tunnel he looks like he doesn't want to be there...

He played ok yesterday and in fact, welbeck came on and was worse....in my opinion...but his body language was far better....we know why he is the way he is and will get better
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Iwobi is lucky he is not playing in Italy. If he plays that badly for a Serie A side, the fans will boo him every time he touches the ball.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I didn't watch the arsenal game, so I'll defer to you on that one. It is more than possible that Iwobi had a stinker. But so does every single player! The same martial you listed above was on his way out to loan this past summer! Rashford, i havent seen every Manure game, but a quick search reveals how he was treated when went through a poor patch and a stinker last year against Everton by his coach:
"Marcus Rashford doesn't score a [Premier League] goal since September, the only thing he deserves is support, nothing else, no critics, support. He works, he works, he works, he tries, he tries, he tries. He plays through the middle, he plays on the left, on the right, through the middle, he tries.
When asked if Rashford was specifically lacking confidence, Mourinho replied: "It's easy to see and the kid is desperate, he tries.
"And it's not a surprise for me, the second year after the first one by surprise, it's something maybe one day I will try to find if it happens the same with some Ryan Giggs or some of these guys, they appear as a kid and then the next year probably it's not the same.

"But the kid is phenomenal, amazing professional, amazing professional, so no problem I told him just now. No problem. Keep going."

That is how a coach and a club treats a struggling player. That is the difference!
Don't listen to Ayo, Iwobi didn't have a stinker. He was better than the likes of the huseless Lacazette.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Don't listen to Ayo, Iwobi didn't have a stinker. He was better than the likes of the huseless Lacazette.
So I guess the Arsenal fans just picked on him fir no reason. He was brilliant and they just decided to single out for undue criticism
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

john12 wrote:Cally, na you the time. The ayo guy is either a comedian or he purposely tries to get a response. Imagine suggesting we drop iwobi who scored 2 important goals in WCQ against Zambia and 2 against Argentina 6 months to World Cup. He is even suggesting we drop iwobi for a rookie like nwakali or Ajagun lol
My guy, I normally don't have time for the dude and his nonsense, but this takes the cake. Ridiculous to say the least. Anyways, thanks for the reminder to just ignore and move on.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

So I guess the Arsenal fans just picked on him fir no reason. He was brilliant and they just decided to single out for undue criticism
What Arsenal fans. ArsenalTV is in no way a forum representative of Arsenal fans. And you know I am live and direct.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

They mentioned other players too, he needs to improve but no reason sensationalizing his current form.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

They mentioned other players too, he needs to improve but no reason sensationalizing his current form.
Funny enough, Bellerin is the one being slaughtered by certain sections of Arsenal fans. Iwobi gets it from a minority of mainly England supporting Arsenal fans. But they are an irrelevant minority.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffiman wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

What Arsenal fans. ArsenalTV is in no way a forum representative of Arsenal fans. And you know I am live and direct.
Waffi I am sure you are on the fans forum and know what they are saying. Ask yourself if any other manager apart from Wenger would ever field him.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Waffiman wrote: What Arsenal fans. ArsenalTV is in no way a forum representative of Arsenal fans. And you know I am live and direct.
Waffi I am sure you are on the fans forum and know what they are saying. Ask yourself if any other manager apart from Wenger would ever field him.
Gerhnot Rohr will.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Iwobi is a solid player. Watching him play for Nigeria and Arsenal shows a clear difference. The real question should be what is going on at Arsenal that is affecting the brother!! I read that there is some clash between him and Sanchez. I dont know - I am not a l'arse fan.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cristao II wrote:Iwobi is a solid player. Watching him play for Nigeria and Arsenal shows a clear difference. The real question should be what is going on at Arsenal that is affecting the brother!! I read that there is some clash between him and Sanchez. I dont know - I am not a l'arse fan.

Na wa for my people and excuses. How come all that is not affecting Ozil, Wilshire, Sanchez, etc. Even the kid Niles is immune from it!
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Sanchez will be gone soon
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The first fan does bring up a good point: how much has Iwobi progressed since he entered the first team?

Second fan: "Alex Iwobi; I don't care if he is an academy graduate. He is not good enough...Let's put Iwobi in. Bollox, f**k off. absolute rubbish." :shock:

Dang, that was brutal!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

wiseone wrote:The first fan does bring up a good point: how much has Iwobi progressed since he entered the first team?

Second fan: "Alex Iwobi; I don't care if he is an academy graduate. He is not good enough...Let's put Iwobi in. Bollox, f**k off. absolute rubbish." :shock:

Dang, that was brutal!
That's moronic.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Honestly, all some of these boys need is a bit of calmness, and a coach that would believe in them. Alex Iwobi can be great...he just needs the time and the confidence to grow into his greatness. The last game he played, he was clearly harried....trying to get the ball off his legs as quickly as possible. He does better for Nigeria - and so does Victor Moses - because we have given them the freedom and time...partly because we have no choice.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Arsenal fans how do you really feel about Iwobi?
1 goal 2 assists this season from 17 appearances There are defenders/wing backs at the club with better offensive stats.

Has been poor for me, needs to improve his final ball, shooting and do more off the ball to hurt the opposition.
To God be the glory