Arsenal fans how do you really feel about Iwobi?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg
Arsenal fans how do you really feel about Iwobi?

Post by nzeogwu »

[/video]

[/video]

Is Iwobi really this bad from Arsenal's fan's stand point?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal fans how do you really feel about Iwobi?

Post by maceo4 »

The whole team is super useless outside of Sanchez and Ozil. But what about Lacazette at least Iwobi was able to get some shots in on goal, while their striker couldn't beat anybody nor create much of any danger. The truth is on any serious team the likes of Iwobi, Niles, Chambers, Lacazette wouldn't be seeing much if any PT.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He plays better for SE. He seems too afraid to make mistakes with arsenal and he is not at the same wave length; he makes too quick a pass when hold the ball for a additional split second would be optimal.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ANC wrote:He plays better for SE. He seems too afraid to make mistakes with arsenal and he is not at the same wave length; he makes too quick a pass when hold the ball for a additional split second would be optimal.
I just don't get why, his first season in the first team he was more fearless trying things and actually being a difference maker, but now he's just there doesn't really try anything, you know exactly what he's going to do next, even if he's better positioned than other teammates he'll still try to do a one time pass to someone who is under pressure, his game is just odd at Arseanal. Luckily he plays better for the SE.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

I don't get it. What a talented and gifted kid. Plays so well for the Eagles. Yes, he releases the ball much to quickly, unecessarily and especially when he is in a better position than some of his teamates.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The useless assnal fans , should be more concerned about the ugly jersey they wore ..looked like Santa Claus
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Something happened to him after his first season. It might be second season syndrome for him but Iwobi doesnt seem so interested in playing when I watch him. He seems to enjoy the Nigerian matches more.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

To be honest I'm surprised he was being dissed so much. He actually had a pretty good game. Came close to scoring once by making his own chance and made two great scoring opportunities.

Iwobi seems like the man everyone loves to hate at the moment.

Nonetheless he does seem to play much better with Nigeria.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Arsenal fans can stick their opinions where the sun doesn't shine... the kid cannot go on an overkill for a club system that's pretty much on a bipolar threshold. As long as Iwobi continues to have a good time playing for Nigeria and a great world cup in couple of months, then that is all that matters.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
ANC wrote:He plays better for SE. He seems too afraid to make mistakes with arsenal and he is not at the same wave length; he makes too quick a pass when hold the ball for a additional split second would be optimal.
I just don't get why, his first season in the first team he was more fearless trying things and actually being a difference maker, but now he's just there doesn't really try anything, you know exactly what he's going to do next, even if he's better positioned than other teammates he'll still try to do a one time pass to someone who is under pressure, his game is just odd at Arseanal. Luckily he plays better for the SE.
Do you blame him? I cant fault him for playing "make i no spoil ball," after he was blamed and and benched for a decent chunk of last season? They have started again.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mace shut it..don't you ever get tired?
SuperEagles

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Iwobi has brought all this opprobrium upon himself. See how Ozil reacted to the criticism. Now that is how prroper men behave.

Iwobi has to step up to the plate. It is time for him to stand up and he counted.

At the moment, I would not want him near the Eagles with the way he is playing. That ill-fitting Santa Clause kit made him look an even worse player.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Why did assnal where Christmas outfit as kits?
SuperEagles

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...this has been a grueling stretch for some these players at the epl.
It's not easy to perform at 100% strength during this holiday season.
See some tough players already falling like flies, being carted off the field.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]maceo4[/color] wrote: The whole team is super useless outside of Sanchez and Ozil. But what about Lacazette at least Iwobi was able to get some shots in on goal, while their striker couldn't beat anybody nor create much of any danger. The truth is on any serious team the likes of Iwobi, Niles, Chambers, Lacazette wouldn't be seeing much if any PT.
Actually on a different team he will be playing much better because the coach will reassure him keeping it simple is far better than trying to do what is out of your element or playing to impress. Take Sissoko with Spurs for instance, here is a player that got a lot of stick last season for his underwhelming display after his big money move. MoPo kept telling him what was expected of him, how much harder he needed to work in training and defined his role when on the pitch. Come this season Sissoko has become a mainstay on the teamsheet, he doesn't overelaborate on the ball, when in advanced role he passes the ball to players who are more creative, and focuses more on been a defensive midfielder than a dribbler / scorer. Iwobi is very skillful but he is not been managed properly.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Iwobi looks like Mikel at Chelsea where he won the ball and simply passed ASAP!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

nzeogwu wrote:I don't get it. What a talented and gifted kid. Plays so well for the Eagles. Yes, he releases the ball much to quickly, unecessarily and especially when he is in a better position than some of his teamates.
God help you if you don't release the ball to Sanchez and Ozil on time. The stats show those two have more of the ball and it's not as if they are clinical but they are allowed to make mistakes.
The guy needs to forget Twitter and fans and be confident to make mistakes. His talent will shine through ozil went through it
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Na wa for my people ooooo. Whenever our boys are not performing, we blame the club. I did not see anyone blame Arsenal when Ozil was playing badly!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Iwobi isn't good enough to start for Arsenal...... However, he is more that good enough to start for Nigeria.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

marutimon wrote:To be honest I'm surprised he was being dissed so much. He actually had a pretty good game. Came close to scoring once by making his own chance and made two great scoring opportunities.

Iwobi seems like the man everyone loves to hate at the moment.

Nonetheless he does seem to play much better with Nigeria.
Please stop making sense. People watch games and see what they want to see. Arsenal fans are frustrated and typically, they choose a scapegoat at every point. Alex is their latest scapegoat. The young man has IT and will shine through. I believe he has a good support framework around him in his parents and uncle, and he just needs to stay away from social media and internet cowards, and stay focused on playing well.

I'm quite OK with his present form. Aside from a bit of low confidence, he is doing well in a team that's struggling. Thank you, Arsene for continuing to trust the boy.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Iwobi plays much better for Nigeria though than he does for Arsenal. Its like two different players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I dey read some of the nonsense wey una dey write here and I wonder what games you people watch ... again Playing Iwobi out wide is not allowing him to showcase his best .

Remember when Keshi and Brendan Rodgers tried to play Vic Mo as a #10 and he was about to be shipped out as a failure until Conte came and revived his career by playing him
out wide where he can thrive?

Put Iwobi on the field as a #10 and watch the kid flourish. He plays out wide for Nigeria but he is still under-utilized .... I hope he can leave Arsenal if need be and played in a spot that he will thrive in because there is a very good player in there.

As a wide player for Arsenal he is a basket case. Gone are his freedom of thought, instinctual play and confidence .... it’s a damn shame but then again this is big boy football and he needs to buck up and do what’s best for his career ... no one is gonna coddle or feel sorry for him
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

anikulapo wrote:I dey read some of the nonsense wey una dey write here and I wonder what games you people watch ... again Playing Iwobi out wide is not allowing him to showcase his best .

Remember when Keshi and Brendan Rodgers tried to play Vic Mo as a #10 and he was about to be shipped out as a failure until Conte came and revived his career by playing him
out wide where he can thrive?

Put Iwobi on the field as a #10 and watch the kid flourish. He plays out wide for Nigeria but he is still under-utilized .... I hope he can leave Arsenal if need be and played in a spot that he will thrive in because there is a very good player in there.

As a wide player for Arsenal he is a basket case. Gone are his freedom of thought, instinctual play and confidence .... it’s a damn shame but then again this is big boy football and he needs to buck up and do what’s best for his career ... no one is gonna coddle or feel sorry for him

Perhaps you are right. Lets hope Nigeria and Iwobi does well this summer. He played well against Argentina; he took on players and beat and/or placed them under pressure. At Arsenal when he gets the ball, his first instinct is to either shield (like Mikel) the ball and/or quickly pass the ball (again like Mikel). His teammates at Arsenal seem less eager to pass ball to him as well. Something is not right with his timing/direction/confidence while wearing Arsenal colors. At the end of the day, he is not the worst player at Arsenal. He actually plays with more of his brain cells than 95% of Arsenal players.