Arsenal fans how do you really feel about Iwobi?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal fans how do you really feel about Iwobi?

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Na wa for my people ooooo. Whenever our boys are not performing, we blame the club. I did not see anyone blame Arsenal when Ozil was playing badly!
are you seriously and with a straight face, comparing a 21 year old academy kid in arguably his 2nd full season in the first team with a veteran like Ozil?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Na wa for my people ooooo. Whenever our boys are not performing, we blame the club. I did not see anyone blame Arsenal when Ozil was playing badly!
are you seriously and with a straight face, comparing a 21 year old academy kid in arguably his 2nd full season in the first team with a veteran like Ozil?
How old is Jesus Gabriel?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Let’s be honest with ourselves, iwobi is presently underperforming for arsenal. However, he performs much better for super eagles and is a rightfully starter for eagles. I don’t know if ayo is insinuating that iwobi should be dropped from SE starting 11? If that’s what ayo is insinuating, then who’s the alternative for dropping iwobi in SE starting 11? The guy would start mentioning some backwater league players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ANC wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I dey read some of the nonsense wey una dey write here and I wonder what games you people watch ... again Playing Iwobi out wide is not allowing him to showcase his best .

Remember when Keshi and Brendan Rodgers tried to play Vic Mo as a #10 and he was about to be shipped out as a failure until Conte came and revived his career by playing him
out wide where he can thrive?

Put Iwobi on the field as a #10 and watch the kid flourish. He plays out wide for Nigeria but he is still under-utilized .... I hope he can leave Arsenal if need be and played in a spot that he will thrive in because there is a very good player in there.

As a wide player for Arsenal he is a basket case. Gone are his freedom of thought, instinctual play and confidence .... it’s a damn shame but then again this is big boy football and he needs to buck up and do what’s best for his career ... no one is gonna coddle or feel sorry for him

Perhaps you are right. Lets hope Nigeria and Iwobi does well this summer. He played well against Argentina; he took on players and beat and/or placed them under pressure. At Arsenal when he gets the ball, his first instinct is to either shield (like Mikel) the ball and/or quickly pass the ball (again like Mikel). His teammates at Arsenal seem less eager to pass ball to him as well. Something is not right with his timing/direction/confidence while wearing Arsenal colors. At the end of the day, he is not the worst player at Arsenal. He actually plays with more of his brain cells than 95% of Arsenal players.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment of him at Arsenal because he does take people on but he seems to jittery and lacks composure and a clearness and freshness of thought on what to do next .

The Iwobi that broke on the scene was calm, composed, looked confident and could play at different speeds. The guy now looks like a nervous deer in the headlights whose legs are morning moving at the same speed as his brains.... he might just need a fresh start elsewhere because the non Nigerian fans are all over him online
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Today, every time Iwobi got the ball, he treated it like a hot potato that he had to drop immediately. Yet some people want him as the Eagles playmaker. Now, contrast his play with that of Paul Pogba. If you want to know how a playmaker should play, go and rewatch Pogba against Everton.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Both Iwobi and Moses are far too timid in their club colors. Seems to work out okay for Moses but for Iwobi, it’s pretty detrimental. If Arsene goes, he will find playing time hard to come by. Most coaches won’t have this kinda patience. Hopefully, the WC works wonders for both of them. They deserve freer roles, and the confidence of their managers. Both players have probably heard too much advice from their managers to keep it simple. Hence, they pass everything. Great players know when to listen to a different voice

I also ain’t sure what Iwobi’s best position is. Does he want to be like his uncle (which would be my advice) or play this support striker thing? I don’t think he has the goods to stake a solid claim to a support striker job in the top clubs. I think if he styled himself as the next coming of Jay Jay, he would be doing better....but oh well. Wish him the best...

The most adventurous Nigerian player in the EPL is actually a defensive midfielder. That’s just nuts
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:Both Iwobi and Moses are far too timid in their club colors. Seems to work out okay for Moses but for Iwobi, it’s pretty detrimental. If Arsene goes, he will find playing time hard to come by. Most coaches won’t have this kinda patience. Hopefully, the WC works wonders for both of them. They deserve freer roles, and the confidence of their managers. Both players have probably heard too much advice from their managers to keep it simple. Hence, they pass everything. Great players know when to listen to a different voice

I also ain’t sure what Iwobi’s best position is. Does he want to be like his uncle (which would be my advice) or play this support striker thing? I don’t think he has the goods to stake a solid claim to a support striker job in the top clubs. I think if he styled himself as the next coming of Jay Jay, he would be doing better....but oh well. Wish him the best...

The most adventurous Nigerian player in the EPL is actually a defensive midfielder. That’s just nuts
Victor Moses has won more penalties for Chelsea than any other player. He gets forward non stop, whips balks in and is highly creative.

It is insulting to compare him with Iwobi. I have no problems with the way Moses is playing at the moment.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:Both Iwobi and Moses are far too timid in their club colors. Seems to work out okay for Moses but for Iwobi, it’s pretty detrimental. If Arsene goes, he will find playing time hard to come by. Most coaches won’t have this kinda patience. Hopefully, the WC works wonders for both of them. They deserve freer roles, and the confidence of their managers. Both players have probably heard too much advice from their managers to keep it simple. Hence, they pass everything. Great players know when to listen to a different voice

Victor Moses has won more penalties for Chelsea than any other player. He gets forward non stop, whips balks in and is highly creative.

It is insulting to compare him with Iwobi. I have no problems with the way Moses is playing at the moment.
It is insulting to read your biased crappy opinions on this site. Thankfully, they don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Alex Iwobi will continue to flourish whether you think otherwise or not. Now continue moving from thread to thread looking for ways to market Ajagun.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cally wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

It is insulting to read your biased crappy opinions on this site. Thankfully, they don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Alex Iwobi will continue to flourish whether you think otherwise or not. Now continue moving from thread to thread looking for ways to market Ajagun.

I would urge you to go and read what the Arsenal fans are saying on their forum. You are so deluded it is pointless even responding to you.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...hmm, suddenly some don dey hate on this kid who gave a good account with crucial goal vs Zambia and gave us wins to qualify for Russia. Idiotic agents, crooks at best.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

mcal wrote:...hmm, suddenly some don dey hate on this kid who gave a good account with crucial goal vs Zambia and gave us wins to qualify for Russia. Idiotic agents, crooks at best.
Football is about current form. It is not like Playstation where form is constant!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Iwobi's extremely talented but I always see him out of position for Arsenal. I think he is best as a #10 but he needs to learn from Oezil. As much as some here slate Oezil, that is the player that Iwobi can learn the most from, especially when it comes to making the right passes and creating for others. I have to say that in our national team apart from Mikel, he is the most technically sound player that we have.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

I see Iwobi as one of the ideal play maker that we need. Reece Nelson being the most ideal of what we already have. He has the attributes that we need in a #10. Ozil is brilliant at reading and seeing things. Great passing technique, but when it comes to the physical stuff and taking players on Ozil falls short. Iwobi needs to be given the freedom of the pitch to get the best out of him. He needs a lot of shooting practice though. A whole lot!

Sanchez will leave soon. Maybe Ozil too. I expect to see Iwobi come alive.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Blukyt wrote:I see Iwobi as one of the ideal play maker that we need. Reece Nelson being the most ideal of what we already have. He has the attributes that we need in a #10. Ozil is brilliant at reading and seeing things. Great passing technique, but when it comes to the physical stuff and taking players on Ozil falls short. Iwobi needs to be given the freedom of the pitch to get the best out of him. He needs a lot of shooting practice though. A whole lot!

Iwobi is yet to convince me he is up to the job. I too thought he was a natural heir to JJ but so far I have seen no evidence to support this faith.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

nzeogwu wrote:[/video]

[/video]

Is Iwobi really this bad from Arsenal's fan's stand point?
Those comments are not representative of Arsenal fans. ArsenalFanTV and their highly selective pieces of outrage and outrageous comments, to garner YouTube clicks, is in no way representative of Arsenal fans.

Just saying.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffiman wrote:
nzeogwu wrote:[/video]

[/video]

Is Iwobi really this bad from Arsenal's fan's stand point?
Those comments are not representative of Arsenal fans. ArsenalFanTV and their highly selective pieces of outrage and outrageous comments, to garner YouTube clicks, is in no way representative of Arsenal fans.

Just saying.

Chei, this na pepper ooooo. That guy in the second clip did not mince his words at all. Waffi but is Wenger really that unpopular among Arsenal fans?

As per Iwobi, I am yet to hear one person stick up for him. I used to be one of his biggest fans but nna, his performances of late make it hard to justify him even being in the Premiership.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Blukyt wrote:I see Iwobi as one of the ideal play maker that we need. Reece Nelson being the most ideal of what we already have. He has the attributes that we need in a #10. Ozil is brilliant at reading and seeing things. Great passing technique, but when it comes to the physical stuff and taking players on Ozil falls short. Iwobi needs to be given the freedom of the pitch to get the best out of him. He needs a lot of shooting practice though. A whole lot!

Iwobi is yet to convince me he is up to the job. I too thought he was a natural heir to JJ but so far I have seen no evidence to support this faith.

You're correct. Ajagun and NWAKALI are much better players than Iwobi, he should be playing with n Tunisia. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You're correct. Ajagun and NWAKALI are much better players than Iwobi, he should be playing with n Tunisia. :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Doubt Nwakali or Ajagun will get a look in before the world cup, Ayo is just living in la la land with that one.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Cally wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I would urge you to go and read what the Arsenal fans are saying on their forum. You are so deluded it is pointless even responding to you.
You have nothing to say to me as your opinion does not matter to me or to any Arsenal fan. I know what some Arsenal fans are saying, and I watch Alex myself. It is pointless responding to you as well, only that you are flooding this site with your usual crap every day. One can hardly read through the site without seeing your biased views. Your opinion is irrelevant outside of your computer or phone or whatever you post on the Internet with. I usually wouldn't bother with you, but in Alex Iwobi's case, I will.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

mcal wrote:...hmm, suddenly some don dey hate on this kid who gave a good account with crucial goal vs Zambia and gave us wins to qualify for Russia. Idiotic agents, crooks at best.
We can see through him. He's been called out several times on this site. Imagine suggesting Ajagun as replacement for Iwobi. Thank God, his opinion doesn't matter.

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He doesn't need to convince an Internet coward. No skin off his nose.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Cally, na you the time. The ayo guy is either a comedian or he purposely tries to get a response. Imagine suggesting we drop iwobi who scored 2 important goals in WCQ against Zambia and 2 against Argentina 6 months to World Cup. He is even suggesting we drop iwobi for a rookie like nwakali or Ajagun lol
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
How old is Jesus Gabriel?
:? How did we go from comparing Arsenal's treatment of Iwobi and Ozil to Jesus Gabriel?

Srs question, Bros, do you have ADD?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16