Leicester sign new midfielder What does it mean for our boys

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Leicester sign new midfielder What does it mean for our

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ndidi needs to grow up fast. Nigeria will be very dependent on him come the World Cup. He needs to adds passing, shooting and goalscoring to his game.
I don't know why you say such things. Show me the player that has added all that to his game in 6 months???? I mean, this is ignorant talk.

Ndidi is a decent passer and shooter, and for a defensive mid, scores too. But you obviously don't think he has those...and if that is true, its not going to change by June.

Ever heard of Mohamed Salah before?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ndidi needs to grow up fast. Nigeria will be very dependent on him come the World Cup. He needs to adds passing, shooting and goalscoring to his game.
I don't know why you say such things. Show me the player that has added all that to his game in 6 months???? I mean, this is ignorant talk.

Ndidi is a decent passer and shooter, and for a defensive mid, scores too. But you obviously don't think he has those...and if that is true, its not going to change by June.

Ever heard of Mohamed Salah before?

Please. Mohammed Salah was unloved, but not untalented. Chelsea did not buy a waster. They bought a talented kid who the coach didn't turn out to fancy. He transferred to a big club in Italy where they fancied him, and he showed what he was made of.

You don't corner Fabregas and tell him he has 6 months to become Lionel Messi, or corner Lukaku and say he has 6 months to become Ronaldo de Lima. Or corner Blake Griffin and tell him he has 6 months to become LeBron James. That's not how these things work....and I don't know why you keep suggesting it. In sports, a player can make improvements to his game, but it takes consistent and deliberate action, whose fruits show up over significant time. Its not easy, and virtually impossible, to turn on a dime and become something you're not in so short a time. Its not a chemical experiment

Let me break it down for you....As far as Nigeria goes, our talent and technical ability is already baked in for the World Cup. What we need is for players to have match sharpness/retain their form...and that is why we don't want anybody losing their starting positions...And for those that have lost their positions, we need to hope they find clubs during this window.

But all these transformational changes you're hoping for is nonsense.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Salah always had that. It was just Chelsea messing up as usual, like they did with Lukaku, de Bruyne or now with Bertrand Traore...