France have booked all their friendlies uptill the World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
France have booked all their friendlies uptill the World Cup

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

March 23: France vs Colombia
March 27: France vs Russia
May 28: France vs Ireland
June 1: France vs Italy
June 9: France vs USA

http://www.sportstats.com/soccer/world/ ... g-matches/

These French guys are not wasting time at all.

Meanwhile, Rohr said he wants to play Serbia. Now, it appears that the Serbs will be playing Morocco in London on March 23. If that is indeed the case, we may want to play them a few days later on March 27 upon our return from Poland: http://menafn.com/1096297289/Morocco-to ... -World-Cup

This is a bit complicated. Wil Morocco play Uzbekistan first of Serbia first? If they are playing the Uzbeks on march 23 and Serbia on March 27, then we have to find another opponent:

MENAFN - Morocco World News) Rabat – Another team was added to Morocco's friendlies agenda ahead of the 2018 World Cup. The Moroccan national is set to play a game against Serbia in London.

In efforts to get the team ready for the 2018 , Morocco's football manager Herve Renard is scheduling a series of friendly games with international teams. These friendlies are aimed at testing and evaluating the team's weaknesses and strengths. The match against Serbia will be played in London. The date for the game was not yet scheduled.

In March, Morocco is also set to play a friendly against Uzbekistan in Casablanca. Morocco has chosen the Uzbek team as its style of play and tactics are similar to those of Morocco's World Cup first opponent, Iran. On December 1, Morocco was placed in group B along with Iran, Spain and Portugal. The Atlas Lions will play against Iran on June 15.

Before the tournament's final draw on December 1 in Moscow, Moroccan daily newspaper Assabah reported that Morocco's team manager, Herve Renard, wanted his team to play against European and Latin American squads to evaluate the Lions' abilities. Earlier this year, speculation were spread by international media that the Moroccan team would play two friendlies against Scotland and Argentina.

Fouzi Lekjaa, the president of Morocco's Royal Football Federation (FRMF), said in an interview with Moroccan sports channel Arriyadia that Moroccan squad will face Argentina in a friendly in Agadir next March.
FRMF was also wishing for a friendly against the Belgian national football team, but her request was declined by the Belgian football federation.

In December 2017, Youssef Hijoub, a Moroccan FIFA agent, has said that the Belgian team declined FRMF's invitation due to security concerns.

Speaking in a TV program featured by French news channel France24, Hijoub said that the Belgian authorities refused friendlies against countries of North Africa, including Morocco, Tunisia, and Algeria in order to avoid all security threats.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: France have booked all their friendlies uptill the World

Post by Sir V »

France have tough friendlies. I hope we will not end up playing some club sides before the WC.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Some clubsides offer better tests than some national teams
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:France have tough friendlies. I hope we will not end up playing some club sides before the WC.
That cannot happen as all the clubs will have released their players to the national teams. In all fairness, France appears to be the only national team that has finalised its fixture list up until the Wold Cup. They are not joking with their preparations this time. We better top our group so we avoid them ooooo!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

DIMKA76 wrote:Some clubsides offer better tests than some national teams
Correct they will have better chemistry and would definitely have played together more than any national team but such matches are behind closed doors and will be club sides without international players and not televised but obviously the only thing that matters is our preparation.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

DIMKA76 wrote:Some clubsides offer better tests than some national teams
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:France have tough friendlies. I hope we will not end up playing some club sides before the WC.
That cannot happen as all the clubs will have released their players to the national teams. In all fairness, France appears to be the only national team that has finalised its fixture list up until the Wold Cup. They are not joking with their preparations this time. We better top our group so we avoid them ooooo!
We will TOP our group, just wait and see
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

France can play all the friendlies they like. Deschamps is their biggest problem. And if they are going to keep him for the world cup, I am not sure playing friendlies are that important. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

danfo driver wrote:France can play all the friendlies they like. Deschamps is their biggest problem. And if they are going to keep him for the world cup, I am not sure playing friendlies are that important. :lol:

France is playing some of the best football you will ever see. Did you watch their 2-2 draw with Germany in November?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Interesting that in May and June they are only playing non-World Cup bound teams.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:Interesting that in May and June they are only playing non-World Cup bound teams.

I suspect they do not want to play teams whose players are fighting to get into their squads as this may make them competitive and increase the risk of injury.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:France can play all the friendlies they like. Deschamps is their biggest problem. And if they are going to keep him for the world cup, I am not sure playing friendlies are that important. :lol:

France is playing some of the best football you will ever see.
Thats a lie, Sir! Did you watch Sweden humiliate them?

At the risk of sounding arrogant, I know football very very well. I have watched France and I know where their weakness lies-- on the bench.
Did you watch their 2-2 draw with Germany in November?
Yea I did.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

First we need to qualify out of our group but hopefully we can stay the heck outta of their way. Balogun and Troost chasing after mbappe and griesman will not be pretty.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:First we need to qualify out of our group but hopefully we can stay the heck outta of their way. Balogun and Troost chasing after mbappe and griesman will not be pretty.
Indeed. Probably as Ugly as Jalley and Kurzawa trying to pick their pants on the floor, while chasing Moses, Iwobi, Simon, Onyekuru, Osarenren-Obazee.

Jalley and Kurzawa should speak to Mascherano, Otamendi, Pezzella and Insua. They will never forget what Iwobi and Iheanacho did to them, and they can relay the message. Since that game, Mascherano has not been the same, and Barca have decided to move him on. The psychological scars are real. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We also just saw Ndidi pocket Paul Pogba like he wasnt even there. I am sure Paul is looking forward to meeting Ndidi again.

I know my team, and we are not lilly-livered! I know who we are and we are not scared of anyone. Bring them! bring them all! :thumbs:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

marutimon wrote:Interesting that in May and June they are only playing non-World Cup bound teams.
They learned their lesson after the 2002 World Cup.

Only Ayo Akinfe still thinks that teams should play tough friendlies before a major tournament.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, revealed yesterday that the Super Eagles of Nigeria will play four friendly matches ahead of the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.

“The World Cup is the big one next year and I believe we are going to be very ready when the tournament kicks off.

“We have lined up four friendly matches starting with the game with Poland in Warsaw on 23rd March.

“There will be other matches on 27th March, 28th May (in Nigeria) and 2nd June,” the FA boss told journalists.

The Gernot Rohr’s men will face former World champions, Argentina, Croatia and Iceland in Group D at the World Cup next year.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/31/2018-wor ... s-pinnick/
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We should play one last warm up game before the World Cup in June 9. A week is about the maximum you want to leave the boys without a game to ensure they are match fit.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:First we need to qualify out of our group but hopefully we can stay the heck outta of their way. Balogun and Troost chasing after mbappe and griesman will not be pretty.
Indeed. Probably as Ugly as Jalley and Kurzawa trying to pick their pants on the floor, while chasing Moses, Iwobi, Simon, Onyekuru, Osarenren-Obazee.

Jalley and Kurzawa should speak to Mascherano, Otamendi, Pezzella and Insua. They will never forget what Iwobi and Iheanacho did to them, and they can relay the message. Since that game, Mascherano has not been the same, and Barca have decided to move him on. The psychological scars are real. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We also just saw Ndidi pocket Paul Pogba like he wasnt even there. I am sure Paul is looking forward to meeting Ndidi again.

I know my team, and we are not lilly-livered! I know who we are and we are not scared of anyone. Bring them! bring them all! :thumbs:
:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: Nigeria will surprise some here,I remember same folks said Algeria will top the group fuel g WCQ,well they finish bottom of the table.