CHAN Eagles - Final list

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHAN Eagles - Final list

Post by Sunset »

(2) Ikouwem Udoutin (Left Back)
http://www.thenigerianscout.com/2017/06 ... erian.html
Udoutin starting for Enyimba (to the left-side of goalkeeper Dauda)

It is not everyday you see a full-back in the Nigerian league who is fast, capable of crossing and passing comfortably with both feet. Udoutin is that and a lot more. He rose through the ranks of the Enyimba youth system and has been registered as an Enyimba-owned player through the Nigerian FA since 2013. Udoutin's development was mainly at Enyimba Feeders, through loans at Real Sapphire FC and Unicem Rovers over the past 2 years. He has made appearances in the Federations Cup while on loan, since last season.

Promoted to the Enyimba F.C first team at the start of the present season, he was ceremoniously named in the starting lineup on MD1 against Sunshine stars. He lived up to his pre-season hype around Enyimba circles by posting a man-of-the-match performance! Knowing Enyimba fans, they already expect him to be fast-tracked to the Nigerian national team. Ikouwem has really surprised everyone with his sumptuous technique which and has now ensured that Chima Akas plays a more-advanced role in left-midfield. (Akas is a previous player-of-the-season, vice-captain and player for the Nigerian national team)

Ikouwem Udoutin in 2017 for Enyimba of Aba

Ikouwem has now made 10 appearances out of 18 with 5 confirmed starts at the time of this writing. He also has 2 assists to his name. He recently posted a complete shut-out on the left wing in the games against league champions Rangers and F.C IfeanyiUbah, causing the opposition to utilize the other flank instead. I cannot speak to his overally ability yet, but he does possess a wide-range of passing combined with speed and spatial awareness. His crosses have also been impressive when he makes his forays forward, and he has two assists already. If handled properly, Udoutin could be the long-term solution to Nigeria’s left back issues. I do expect him to be fast-tracked to the national team, enyimba fan disclosure :) much like club legends Enyeama and Onyekachi 'Tico' Okonkwo.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote:(2) Ikouwem Udoutin (Left Back)

It is not everyday you see a full-back in the Nigerian league who is fast, capable of crossing and passing comfortably with both feet. Udoutin is that and a lot more. He rose through the ranks of the Enyimba youth system and has been registered as an Enyimba-owned player through the Nigerian FA since 2013. Udoutin's development was mainly at Enyimba Feeders, through loans at Real Sapphire FC and Unicem Rovers over the past 2 years. He has made appearances in the Federations Cup while on loan, since last season.

Promoted to the Enyimba F.C first team at the start of the present season, he was ceremoniously named in the starting lineup on MD1 against Sunshine stars. He lived up to his pre-season hype around Enyimba circles by posting a man-of-the-match performance! Knowing Enyimba fans, they already expect him to be fast-tracked to the Nigerian national team. Ikouwem has really surprised everyone with his sumptuous technique which and has now ensured that Chima Akas plays a more-advanced role in left-midfield. (Akas is a previous player-of-the-season, vice-captain and player for the Nigerian national team)

Ikouwem has now made 10 appearances out of 18 with 5 confirmed starts at the time of this writing. He also has 2 assists to his name. He recently posted a complete shut-out on the left wing in the games against league champions Rangers and F.C IfeanyiUbah, causing the opposition to utilize the other flank instead. I cannot speak to his overally ability yet, but he does possess a wide-range of passing combined with speed and spatial awareness. His crosses have also been impressive when he makes his forays forward, and he has two assists already. If handled properly, Udoutin could be the long-term solution to Nigeria’s left back issues. I do expect him to be fast-tracked to the national team, enyimba fan disclosure :) much like club legends Enyeama and Onyekachi 'Tico' Okonkwo.
I hope this kid is as advertised. Several reporters have been writing on this kid along with Nura Mohammed. Is he really that good?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote: I hope this kid is as advertised. Several reporters have been writing on this kid along with Nura Mohammed. Is he really that good?
The forthcoming CHAN should give us an insight, if he gets selected to play that is.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

THREE OCCURENCES AND...

...three different ways to spell the name. Which is correct (if any)?

Ikouwem Utin
Ikouwen Udoh
Ikouwem Udoutin

Did the NFA hand out an official list? Did the reporters know the player or checked his club's website? I suspect this is how Mikel Obi's name got mangled. Same thing with Finidi George with his first and last names often interchanged.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME...

...why every other Nigerian club is either a "United" or an "FC"? Isn't there enough creativity to come up with a different name. BTW, I think the domestic league is also referred to as a "Premier League" after you know whom.
Bell
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote:

I hope this kid is as advertised. Several reporters have been writing on this kid along with Nura Mohammed. Is he really that good?
Yup me too! But Seeing how he was able to

But he will be Battling Ifeanyi Nweke for that Left Back position, I still feel he can accommodate both of them by pushing Osas further up.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote:CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME...

...why every other Nigerian club is either a "United" or an "FC"? Isn't there enough creativity to come up with a different name. BTW, I think the domestic league is also referred to as a "Premier League" after you know whom.
Bell
“FC” (as in Football Club) is common acronym across the world...
While “United” in Nigeria often indicates the amalgamation of clubs (Rivers Utd, Kwara Utd, Leventis Utd, etc).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It's kind of worrying how so many Nigerian fullbacks and wingers struggle to cross the ball. I wonder why this is the case.
Enugu II wrote:

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Sunset wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Yup me too! But Seeing how he was able to

But he will be Battling Ifeanyi Nweke for that Left Back position, I still feel he can accommodate both of them by pushing Osas further up.

Would love to see Nweke on the right with Osas Okoro pushed up as well (assuming that Ikouwem is as good as advertised).