Why Super Eagles are not world class team – Obradovic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Why Super Eagles are not world class team – Obradovic

Post by DIMKA76 »

We have to take them very seriously. Croatia have never been an easy match for the top teams. I won't go as far as saying we would beat them but we can neutralise them.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Sir V wrote:Kai! This match nor go easy. We just have to be focused.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/25/russia-2 ... obradovic/

Croatian National Team coach, Tomislav Obradovic, has revealed why the Super Eagles are yet to be reckoned with as a world class football team despite boasting of an abundance of talents.

According to him, Nigeria has great players with similar tactics and chahracteristics.

Speaking to AfricanFootball.com, Obradovic said: “Where are their (Nigeria’s) world-class players.

“As a team I do not think they have world-class quality. Why do I say that? They have too many players with the same characteristics.

“They cannot beat Croatia. Not in one segment of the game. Neither technical, tactical, nor organisational, nor in any sense.”

Tomislav Obradovic, however, warned the Croatian team that Nigeria’s counter attack could be dangerous because they have fast players.

Croatia are set to face the Super Eagles in their opening World Cup, Group D match on 16 June 2018 at the Kaliningrad Stadium.

Obradovic has some experience with African teams having coached the Rwandan U-20 National Team for two and a half years, and almost qualified the country for the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
Well, na de man sabi. Na him own he tok. But to clarify things for him, NIGERIA WILL BEAT CROATIA AND "WILL TOP" THE GROUP. As Chief Robby would say: "It is written" and certainly, it is already written.

Please fellow Forumers, write down this, somewhere and don't panic
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Prince wrote: We will beat them it woud be 3-0 like we beat Bulgaria, all we kept hearing then was Stoickov, Kustadinov etc
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... but hold a minute, did the coach actually say the things attributed to him in the article or someone is just making things-up and putting words in the coach's mouth? Just asking
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

DIMKA76 wrote:We have to take them very seriously. Croatia have never been an easy match for the top teams. I won't go as far as saying we would beat them but we can neutralise them.
They wont play us like they are playing the top teams. Right now, they probably see us as physical and fast and tactically naive. Unfortunately for them, since Rohr, I have noticed how much we have improved tactically and defensively. And that will be their down fall.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Who is claiming they are world class?
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

On paper we do not look world class, but the Croatian will be surprised at what they will meet in SE.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Croatian National Team Coach is Zlatko Dalic. Tomislav Obradovic's last job was coach of rwanda between 07 and 08.

They can't even fake news properly
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Una dey so gullible..fake news....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“As a team I do not think they have world-class quality. Why do I say that?They have too many players with the same characteristics."

Why do I say that? = Kini de ti mo fi sọ bẹ?
Dead give away.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Seriously, Senegal has Mane, who is World Class, while Egypt has Mo Salah!

Nigeria, ......???
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kabalega wrote:Seriously, Senegal has Mane, who is World Class, while Egypt has Mo Salah!

Nigeria, ......???
We have a TEAM dum dum :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:“As a team I do not think they have world-class quality. Why do I say that?They have too many players with the same characteristics."

Why do I say that? = Kini de ti mo fi sọ bẹ?
Dead give away.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote:Seriously, Senegal has Mane, who is World Class, while Egypt has Mo Salah!

Nigeria, ......???
I am not sure you know what "world class means." But, Mane is NOT world class and Salah is on his way, he isnt there yet.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

danfo driver wrote:

Nigeria, ......???
I am not sure you know what "world class means." But, Mane is NOT world class and Salah is on his way, he isnt there yet.
OK. Let's go with your definition of World class. If Mane is not world class and SE have no player close to him then where does that leave the SE? :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Nigeria, ......???
OK. Let's go with your definition of World class. If Mane is not world class and SE have no player close to him then where does that leave the SE? :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I see the point of your argument; Oga, but don't worry we don't need "world class" players to win games. As you might already know, a team of average players can do wonders and I believe the SE will do wonders in Russia
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

akamoke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:This article must be printed out in large font and pasted on the SE changing rooms at the WC.
I was going to say this, the Nigerian team or those close to it, must not dignify this with a response, just print and let the players know what they are playing for
You guys must be farmers or taxi drivers; what makes you think the players do not know they are playing in a World Cup unless they see this.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."