Why Super Eagles are not world class team – Obradovic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why Super Eagles are not world class team – Obradovic

Post by Sir V »

Kai! This match nor go easy. We just have to be focused.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/25/russia-2 ... obradovic/

Croatian National Team coach, Tomislav Obradovic, has revealed why the Super Eagles are yet to be reckoned with as a world class football team despite boasting of an abundance of talents.

According to him, Nigeria has great players with similar tactics and chahracteristics.

Speaking to AfricanFootball.com, Obradovic said: “Where are their (Nigeria’s) world-class players.

“As a team I do not think they have world-class quality. Why do I say that? They have too many players with the same characteristics.

“They cannot beat Croatia. Not in one segment of the game. Neither technical, tactical, nor organisational, nor in any sense.”

Tomislav Obradovic, however, warned the Croatian team that Nigeria’s counter attack could be dangerous because they have fast players.

Croatia are set to face the Super Eagles in their opening World Cup, Group D match on 16 June 2018 at the Kaliningrad Stadium.

Obradovic has some experience with African teams having coached the Rwandan U-20 National Team for two and a half years, and almost qualified the country for the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why Super Eagles are not world class team – Obradovic

Post by Prince »

We will beat them it woud be 3-0 like we beat Bulgaria, all we kept hearing then was Stoickov, Kustadinov etc
Oya back to the matter
open and close
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He’s just showing the typical European opinion of Nigeria and other African teams. The fact that we’re not world class is not why they or any team can beat us. The man is ignorant!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

This article must be printed out in large font and pasted on the SE changing rooms at the WC.

Wha choo looking at?!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Na the coach be dis?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Daily post, African Football....oh well let me grab my salt shaker before I respond further.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Where did daily post hear him say this?
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Scipio Africanus wrote:This article must be printed out in large font and pasted on the SE changing rooms at the WC.
I was going to say this, the Nigerian team or those close to it, must not dignify this with a response, just print and let the players know what they are playing for
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

1naija wrote:Where did daily post here in say this?
:D :D :D He probably gave the coach his talking points :D :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Sir V wrote:Kai! This match nor go easy. We just have to be focused.

Croatian National Team coach, Tomislav Obradovic, has revealed why the Super Eagles are yet to be reckoned with as a world class football team despite boasting of an abundance of talents.

According to him, Nigeria has great players with similar tactics and chahracteristics.

Speaking to AfricanFootball.com, Obradovic said: “Where are their (Nigeria’s) world-class players.

“As a team I do not think they have world-class quality. Why do I say that? They have too many players with the same characteristics.

“They cannot beat Croatia. Not in one segment of the game. Neither technical, tactical, nor organisational, nor in any sense.”

Tomislav Obradovic, however, warned the Croatian team that Nigeria’s counter attack could be dangerous because they have fast players.

Croatia are set to face the Super Eagles in their opening World Cup, Group D match on 16 June 2018 at the Kaliningrad Stadium.

Obradovic has some experience with African teams having coached the Rwandan U-20 National Team for two and a half years, and almost qualified the country for the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
I doubt any coach will say this about any opposition team
YNWA
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...can he sue if he did not say that? That said, antics full for football to perturb the other side.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Whether he said it or not, it’s pronabl not to far from the real view of most Eastern European nations on African football
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:Where did daily post hear him say this?
Theyre quoting africanfootball.com but nothing on that site to be found.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

heavyd wrote:

I doubt any coach will say this about any opposition team
Me sef I dey suspect fake news since.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sir V, I get land for Lagos. It is free.
Just pay commission. :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:lol: :lol: micheal james forwarded the quotes to them
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

We know what he is thinking
Oya back to the matter
open and close
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

akamoke wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:This article must be printed out in large font and pasted on the SE changing rooms at the WC.
I was going to say this, the Nigerian team or those close to it, must not dignify this with a response, just print and let the players know what they are playing for
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are still stuck in the 1980s. :lol: No serious coach does this anymore. You dont want your players to go into games emotional. You want them to rely on the tactical plan you have drawn up, and not read articles in newspapers and get angry and lose their head on the pitch. :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote:
akamoke wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are still stuck in the 1980s. :lol: No serious coach does this anymore. You dont want your players to go into games emotional. You want them to rely on the tactical plan you have drawn up, and not read articles in newspapers and get angry and lose their head on the pitch. :rotf:
dance driver,

Actually serious coaches do exactly that. Football or any other sport for that matter is not just about tactics. In fact, a huge part of it is psychological. You want players to play at the zenith of their ability. Tactics does not get them to do that. It is psychology that gets them to reach that zenith. Thus, tactics can only take a team to a certain level but it isn't the Eureka.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
akamoke wrote:
dance driver,

Actually serious coaches do exactly that. Football or any other sport for that matter is not just about tactics. In fact, a huge part of it is psychological. You want players to play at the zenith of their ability. Tactics does not get them to do that. It is psychology that gets them to reach that zenith. Thus, tactics can only take a team to a certain level but it isn't the Eureka.
I hear what you are saying, but from my knowledge, coaches wouldnt do this sort of stunts anymore. Psychology is very important in sports. Thats why coaches motivate players and when properly motivated, you have players ready to run through a brick wall. But emotion is different from psychology. One of the worst thing to do is to have your player playing on emotions... thats a recipe for disaster. Coaches say it all the time, you want players to have their emotions in check.

An interesting aside. Yesterday, or was it sunday, i was watching a documentary of when City won their first EPL title against QPR, and Joey barton was red carded. And he completely lost his head and was trying to headbutt everyone, spitting, just causing a melee. Do you know what i found the most interesting? Every single person interviewed (they interviewed most of the players on the pitch, some coaches and also the commentators)... every single person interviewed went on an attack spree on Barton, calling him irresponsible, useless and how he lost his head and should have walked out peacefully. etc etc. Do you know what Barton said when he was interviewed? :lol: :lol: :lol: he said he lost his head ONLY during the first tackle. He said every thing he did after the red card was done with a clear head. He knew he had been sent off and the game was now 11-10, so he was trying to get one of the City players sent off with him, so the game can be 10-10 :clap: :clap: :lol: I despise Joey Barton, but at that moment, I gained respect for him.

Converse to that, they interviewed Kompany, and he showed the video of the incident and said he realized what Joey was trying to do and thats why he rushed to his teammates and told them to keep their head.

Anyway, we can beat Croatia with our ability. I do not believe these alleged words from the Croatia coach are accurate. If they are, then it tells me that he has not scouted Nigeria. If anyone thinks our players are similar, then it gives me hope that the opponent has not done his job. :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
akamoke wrote:
dance driver,

I hear what you are saying, but from my knowledge, coaches wouldnt do this sort of stunts anymore. Psychology is very important in sports. Thats why coaches motivate players and when properly motivated, you have players ready to run through a brick wall. But emotion is different from psychology. One of the worst thing to do is to have your player playing on emotions... thats a recipe for disaster. Coaches say it all the time, you want players to have their emotions in check.

An interesting aside. Yesterday, or was it sunday, i was watching a documentary of when City won their first EPL title against QPR, and Joey barton was red carded. And he completely lost his head and was trying to headbutt everyone, spitting, just causing a melee. Do you know what i found the most interesting? Every single person interviewed (they interviewed most of the players on the pitch, some coaches and also the commentators)... every single person interviewed went on an attack spree on Barton, calling him irresponsible, useless and how he lost his head and should have walked out peacefully. etc etc. Do you know what Barton said when he was interviewed? :lol: :lol: :lol: he said he lost his head ONLY during the first tackle. He said every thing he did after the red card was done with a clear head. He knew he had been sent off and the game was now 11-10, so he was trying to get one of the City players sent off with him, so the game can be 10-10 :clap: :clap: :lol: I despise Joey Barton, but at that moment, I gained respect for him.

Converse to that, they interviewed Kompany, and he showed the video of the incident and said he realized what Joey was trying to do and thats why he rushed to his teammates and told them to keep their head.

Anyway, we can beat Croatia with our ability. I do not believe these alleged words from the Croatia coach are accurate. If they are, then it tells me that he has not scouted Nigeria. If anyone thinks our players are similar, then it gives me hope that the opponent has not done his job. :clap:

danfo driver

First I apologize for messing up your name in my earlier response. That is due to the crazy automatic correction.

I see your point but that is why emotion has to be controlled. In this case, however, I am writing about psychological readiness which is increasing found to be critical to team and individual performance in sport. It is very important in getting a team/individual to play at optimum. You will find the best tactical mind who is unable to lead or motivate will achieve far less that one who also has the ability to motivate. Football success is not different from other areas of success, and one thing that is well known and widely studied is the role of motivation in such successes. Never underestimate it.

What is sad is the belief that tactics is all that is needed to win games because of the amount of coverage the concept gets in the media. However, positive football results is much more than tactical knowledge. In fact, even the media discussion of tactics is woefully simplistic. For instance, there is the notion in the media that Team A used a certain tactic X and Team B lost because the coach had no clue or did not respond. In many cases, Team B loses not because it isn't aware of those tactics or did not attempt to respond. It might just be that his attempt failed because the deployed talent failed or the team was psychologically unprepared. Yet, none of those complexities are mentioned by the media.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote:
danfo driver

First I apologize for messing up your name in my earlier response. That is due to the crazy automatic correction.

I see your point but that is why emotion has to be controlled. In this case, however, I am writing about psychological readiness which is increasing found to be critical to team and individual performance in sport. It is very important in getting a team/individual to play at optimum. You will find the best tactical mind who is unable to lead or motivate will achieve far less that one who also has the ability to motivate. Football success is not different from other areas of success, and one thing that is well known and widely studied is the role of motivation in such successes. Never underestimate it.

What is sad is the belief that tactics is all that is needed to win games because of the amount of coverage the concept gets in the media. However, positive football results is much more than tactical knowledge. In fact, even the media discussion of tactics is woefully simplistic. For instance, there is the notion in the media that Team A used a certain tactic X and Team B lost because the coach had no clue or did not respond. In many cases, Team B loses not because it isn't aware of those tactics or did not attempt to respond. It might just be that his attempt failed because the deployed talent failed or the team was psychologically unprepared. Yet, none of those complexities are mentioned by the media.

I agree. :thumb: and no wahala with the username.