So Conte thought Morata was better than Costa

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: So Conte thought Morata was better than Costa

Post by Cally »

Morata is a very good striker. He just had a bad day at the office. He's going to dominate for a while. Chelsea have got a solid player there.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Cally wrote:Morata is a very good striker. He just had a bad day at the office. He's going to dominate for a while. Chelsea have got a solid player there.
100% agree. His movement and link up play with Hazard was exceptional yesterday. The guy is going to be a very good striker.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Spare a thought for Hazard has to play with morata at club level and lukaku in the national team
Oya back to the matter
open and close
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Tfco the biggest troll on the internet...who goes around looking for twitter videos...kai :laugh: :laugh:

LOL its winter and circus season is over, so bobo no get him usual clown job. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

@ Op, its not about who is better or not. These articles should shed some light on why they felt Costa had to go.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/chelsea ... at-chelsea
http://www.goal.com/en/news/revealed-wh ... nrxnmkas46
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Prince wrote:Spare a thought for Hazard has to play with morata at club level and lukaku in the national team
I agree, we should spare a thought for Hazard. A player with so much talent who is not going to achieve as much as he should achieve because he is mentally weak. I see hazard play and I am desperately disappointed. This is a player who is one of the most talented in the world, but his mental weakness and his desire to succeed are questionable.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Sir V wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Chriskendo43 wrote:Morata is overrated, cant score with leg pls no compare him with costa
Not better than Ighalo.
Funny. That was my exact thought when I was watching the game. He's good, but he's no Costa.
Costa would have at least buried two of those chances.
Yep. It shows the difference between World Class and a good or decent striker. World Class strikers bury those goals routinely. Decent strikers need most of the stars to align.

I have a healthier respect for truly world class center forwards like Costa. If Chelsea had Costa, they would be tussling at the top with Man City...and I can't say for sure that they won't beat them. Now, they're struggling for third...which is not bad... but that extra quality is worth a lot.

They are a good enough team to win the EPL. The only thing they seem to lack is that extra quality up front...They also lack it at playmaker as Fabregas is a bit lacklustre, but their entire team can make up for that. The only place they can't make up for it is at the top. You need that guy that can score on a half turn, and a tight angle...You just do.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Chriskendo43 wrote:Morata is overrated, cant score with leg pls no compare him with costa
Not better than Ighalo.
Funny. That was my exact thought when I was watching the game. He's good, but he's no Costa.
Yep. It shows the difference between World Class and a good or decent striker. World Class strikers bury those goals routinely. Decent strikers need most of the stars to align.

I have a healthier respect for truly world class center forwards like Costa. If Chelsea had Costa, they would be tussling at the top with Man City...and I can't say for sure that they won't beat them. Now, they're struggling for third...which is not bad... but that extra quality is worth a lot.

They are a good enough team to win the EPL. The only thing they seem to lack is that extra quality up front...They also lack it at playmaker as Fabregas is a bit lacklustre, but their entire team can make up for that. The only place they can't make up for it is at the top. You need that guy that can score on a half turn, and a tight angle...You just do.
The likes of Morata will score for fun against the small teams...but in bigger games....hmmm
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Not better than Ighalo.

The likes of Morata will score for fun against the small teams...but in bigger games....hmmm
I guess Atleti and Manure are small teams
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Not better than Ighalo.

Haba Costa has missed easy chances too. Morata had a bad day at the office. This should not be blown out of proportion.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

paj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Not better than Ighalo.

I guess Atleti and Manure are small teams
Of course every now and then he will score, but you can't always count on him in big games, even with clear chances. That's how he was with Real, its the mental toughness part of the game, he has all the tools, but is lacking a bit there.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

maceo4 wrote:
paj wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:[43"]Morata is overrated, cant score with leg pls no compare him with costa
Not better than Ighalo.

The likes of Morata will score for fun against the small teams...but in bigger games....hmmm[/quote]
I guess Atleti and Manure are small teams[/quote]

Of course every now and then he will score, but you can't always count on him in big games, even with clear chances. That's how he was with Real, its the mental toughness part of the game, he has all the tools, but is lacking a bit there.[/quote]
He will improve...when Drogba came to Chelsea he had 11 goals the entire season...11...Morata has 10 already..and he doesn't even have nearly as good a supporting cast..He'll be fine..
Pa
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Not better than Ighalo.

Haba Costa has missed easy chances too. Morata had a bad day at the office. This should not be blown out of proportion.
Bros, not blowing it out of proportion. I don't think Morata is bad. I just don't think he is of the same mould as Costa. There is an elite but small group of strikers that are as good as Costa. Morata ain't in it imo.

Its like that age old unscientific stat that says a world class keeper is worth 15 pts/season....If you have a good keeper, you may not see much wrong with them, but you'll be 15 pts worse because they can't save the unsav-able....WC GKs save what they shouldn't. WC strikers score what most can't. Its the same way I feel about Arsenal's Lacazette. He's good, but he's not in that cut of players at the top. So he is not capable of helping a club not built to win the league to go on and in fact win. He performs at his level.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:
Bros, not blowing it out of proportion. I don't think Morata is bad. I just don't think he is of the same mould as Costa. There is an elite but small group of strikers that are as good as Costa. Morata ain't in it imo.

Its like that age old unscientific stat that says a world class keeper is worth 15 pts/season....If you have a good keeper, you may not see much wrong with them, but you'll be 15 pts worse because they can't save the unsav-able....WC GKs save what they shouldn't. WC strikers score what most can't. Its the same way I feel about Arsenal's Lacazette. He's good, but he's not in that cut of players at the top. So he is not capable of helping a club not built to win the league to go on and in fact win. He performs at his level.
I hear you, and agree they are completely different strikers. That Costa nah bruising agbero that will batter you all day, and score on you. Again, this goes towards Conte's frustration as Morata was not his first choice to replace Costa, it was Lukaku.

Morata still has time to get to that level. He is still relatively young and can still develop some more.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

I hear you, and agree they are completely different strikers. That Costa nah bruising agbero that will batter you all day, and score on you. Again, this goes towards Conte's frustration as Morata was not his first choice to replace Costa, it was Lukaku.

Morata still has time to get to that level. He is still relatively young and can still develop some more.
Would you consider Albrighton at the same level of Costa? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Lukaku??? Then he would have the same Morata issue. IMO, Lukaku owes 25% of his current prowess to Jose's ability to fire up a striker such as him. I said the same immediately the Man U transfer was announced. He's like Drogba. Without Jose, I wouldn't call Lukaku world class. Conte would struggle to get the same production from Lukaku that Jose would.

Aguero, and I go hear you. Lukaku, naah. Not sure if you're a fan of the NFL, but its like comparing a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers to a Matt Ryan. Them 2 are world class/probably all time greats. Ryan is simply good to very good
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Lukaku??? Then he would have the same Morata issue. IMO, Lukaku owes 25% of his current prowess to Jose's ability to fire up a striker such as him. I said the same immediately the Man U transfer was announced. He's like Drogba. Without Jose, I wouldn't call Lukaku world class. Conte would struggle to get the same production from Lukaku that Jose would.

Aguero, and I go hear you. Lukaku, naah. Not sure if you're a fan of the NFL, but its like comparing a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers to a Matt Ryan. Them 2 are world class/probably all time greats. Ryan is simply good to very good

Lukaku is definitely NOT world class.

However, he has performed, with great numbers without Mourinho in Everton and Westbrom. last season, he scored 25 league goals!

I think its important to speak with facts.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

However, he has performed, with great numbers without Mourinho in Everton and Westbrom. last season, he scored 25 league goals!

Playing for Everton/West Brom is not the same as playing for Chelsea / Manure..
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Playing for Everton/West Brom is not the same as playing for Chelsea / Manure..

lol. Imagine putting Chelsea in the same category as United. thats cute. :lol: :lol: :lol:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Good for him, but he's no Aguero or Costa.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Good for him, but he's no Aguero or Costa.
you seem to be crying :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Never said he was world class, but he may have fit Conte's plans better than Morata. However, the highlighted is unfair considering Lukaku has proven himself as a top level EPL striker in multiple seasons with an inferior Everton squad.

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Never said he was world class, but he may have fit Conte's plans better than Morata. However, the highlighted is unfair considering Lukaku has proven himself as a top level EPL striker in multiple seasons with an inferior Everton squad.
I just don't think Lukaku is the man Man U/Chelsea should be going for based on talent alone. If you're shooting for doubles and trebles, he's not the one. With Jose, probably...but with anybody else, I doubt it.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:

I just don't think Lukaku is the man Man U/Chelsea should be going for based on talent alone. If you're shooting for doubles and trebles, he's not the one. With Jose, probably...but with anybody else, I doubt it.
The market was skant..
Pa