Your opinion on foreign born Naijas in our Youth teams

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogasir
Egg
Egg
Your opinion on foreign born Naijas in our Youth teams

Post by ogasir »

Are you for it or against it?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Your opinion on foreign born Naijas in our Youth teams

Post by metalalloy »

As long as they are Nigerian, yes, they should be allowed to compete for spots.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

ogasir wrote:Are you for it or against it?

Please listen to yourself. How dare you question whether a Nigerian has the right to represent the fatherland just because he or she was born in the diaspora?

This is blatant xenophobia and I am sure it breaches all CE rules. Did these kids chose where they were born?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Are they not Nigerians?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

But youth teams should be used to develop homegrown talent? Is it fair for resource that could be used to train and develop a talented 15 yr old kid from Ajegunle to go to a 15 yr old German or British Nigerian kid who comes from a place of privilege?
Last edited by ogasir on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

Bro, You're better than this.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Very good question! Actually requires some thought but the knee jerk crew have tricked themselves and put it out of context.

The issue is whether or not we should have Nigerian kids in the youth system when they are not based tin Nigeria. Of course every Nigerian has a right to be in the youth system. However, if u are 14yrs old and based in Düsseldorf, can such a player be part of the youth system? Who is the youth system for? The exceptional talent in Akure or the one in Düsseldorf?

How do the developed soccer nations do it?
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

We all know that football is all about hype, and considering our love of foreign this and that
we should be careful how this is done.
I think a match between foreign born U-17 and local kids should settle who gets to be selected
for the main team.
That should make things interesting.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

joao wrote:We all know that football is all about hype, and considering our love of foreign this and that
I think a match between foreign born U-17 and local kids should settle who gets to be selected
for the main team.

U must be kidding. Who will finance this game and pay for this once a so many yrs game? Is this what is called youth program? Where else is this done? Are German kids flown from their homes in Australia to play with u 17 German kids in Germany?
OCCUPY NFF!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

ogasir, this your question be like the kain wey go make yoga flog you
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

In fact, i would rather they start in the youth teams than just show for the senior team to advance their careers and profiles. I believe if there is true competition, the good local players will still make excel.
pastorhotr99
Egg
Egg

Post by pastorhotr99 »

Totally against it. Bad for our soccer development and it will destroy us.
Were Oliseh, Okocha, Kanu or Rufai, Ikpeba, Taribo or Amokachi foreign born?

It will stifle and destroy our talent production line and we will only get the inferior talent at the days end.

Abeg abeg.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
joao wrote:We all know that football is all about hype, and considering our love of foreign this and that
for the main team.

U must be kidding. Who will finance this game and pay for this once a so many yrs game? Is this what is called youth program? Where else is this done? Are German kids flown from their homes in Australia to play with u 17 German kids in Germany?
Actually we have had one such match before. Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets hosted the UK diaspora U17 team in Abuja. The Naija boys won convincingly. Apparently the UK simply could not cope with their physicality, strength and Years of experience.

I think the game ended 5-1. The best thing to come out of it was that two or three UK players were added to the squad.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Foreign born Naijas are going to be the reason Nigeria advances far in the World Cup. Here's why:

1) They understand basic football fundamentals and are generally disciplined

2) They understand the tactics of the opponents a lot better

3) They have something to prove having grown up in the western world.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

kali wrote:Foreign born Naijas are going to be the reason Nigeria advances far in the World Cup. Here's why:

1) They understand basic football fundamentals and are generally disciplined

2) They understand the tactics of the opponents a lot better

3) They have something to prove having grown up in the western world.
Bullshit
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

pastorhotr99 wrote:Totally against it. Bad for our soccer development and it will destroy us.

It will stifle and destroy our talent production line and we will only get the inferior talent at the days end.

Abeg abeg.
:lol: How many "Oliseh, Okocha, Kanu or Rufai, Ikpeba, Taribo or Amokachi 's" have we had in the past 24 years? Destroy us ke? what is there to destroy? There are a ton of Nigerians in the diaspora now, their kids have every right to fight for a spot on the national team if they chose to! It is daft to restrict your available talent pool due to some arbitrary thing as where a kid was born.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I think the u17 should be 100% homegrown. U20 and U23 is fair game.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pastorhotr99 wrote:Totally against it. Bad for our soccer development and it will destroy us.

Abeg abeg.

Talent are not produced in the youth team! They are produced in the various playgrounds, academies, primary and secondary schools around the country. A foreign born Nigerian joining a youth team will not change that.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

This has been the composition of our successful team so far and it should continue.

1. Experienced players (Mikel, Onazi, Victor Moses, Ighalo)
2. Home grown U13, U15, U17 Super talents (Osimhen, Iheanacho, Nwakali, Success, Ndidi, Uzoho etc)
3. Foreign born that can improve the team (Ekong, Ebuehi, Balogun, Aina etc)
4. Nigeria players that made their way to Europe without going through much of our system (Onyekuru, Simon etc)

With a 25% distribution of each category of players, I think this is balanced and provides a mixture of experience with youth and raw strength with tactical discipline.
This is the diversification of SE Nigeria has been looking for :D
Sorry no place for NPFL home based players
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Please listen to yourself. How dare you question whether a Nigerian has the right to represent the fatherland just because he or she was born in the diaspora?

This is blatant xenophobia and I am sure it breaches all CE rules. Did these kids chose where they were born?
Sir, seems you are a JJC. Bigotry has been accepted and even encouraged here for a long time. :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

CE needs to update its rules to address this new trends of anti-diaspora bigotry and xenophobia. I see no difference between it and Donald Trump’s immigration controls.

There are some vile people who just hate diaspora kids. No matter how good they are, these people simply do not want them.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

The question should be on foreign based players in the Youth team?

To answer that you need to consider the logistics of staying in camp, playing friendlies, CAF qualifiers, Championships as well as the academic development of the players. That will give an insight on what's best.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Very rich coming from someone who thinks all the pre world cup friendlys should be played abroad. It seems the Nigerians in Nigeria do not deserve to see off the team they've supported through the qualifying series.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!