2018 W/Cup: Atletico Madrid coach, Diego Simeone on NAIJA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
2018 W/Cup: Atletico Madrid coach, Diego Simeone on NAIJA

Post by Cmoke »

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/03/2018-wor ... na-others/

2018 World Cup: Atletico Madrid coach, Diego Simeone gives verdict on Nigeria, Argentina, others

Published

on January 3, 2018

By Don Silas

Atletico Madrid manager, Diego Simeone, has given his verdict on Group D teams that include Argentina, Nigeria, Croatia and Iceland ahead of this year’s World Cup in Russia.

Simeone said Croatia will be Argentina’s toughest opponent in the group, adding that Nigeria would have already qualified for round of 16 before facing the La Albiceleste.

The Argentine World Cup star said that the Super Eagles would have accumulated at least four points before they face off with the South Americans, which makes their final match of the group a must win fixture.

”The danger in the area is how the games are played, I do not like the order of the matches. Because it happened to us, it happened to us in Japan,” Simeone told Argentine Newspaper La Nacion

”Nigeria was the weakest and the first, Sweden was better and in the middle was England, the most powerful. The same as now. Iceland, in theory, all imagine that it will be the easiest rival. If Croatia and Nigeria draw their first game, then a win against Croatia in the second game is mandatory. I explain?

”What happened to us in Japan: we won the opener against Nigeria. But England and Sweden tied. Everyone was happy, but then Sweden beat Nigeria and we were going to the field to play against England and we knew that we could not lose that game. And it happened. Now, of course, if you win the first two games, it will be much easier and none of these accounts will make sense.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: 2018 W/Cup: Atletico Madrid coach, Diego Simeone on NAIJ

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So don Silas went to Spain to interview deigo?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Argentina is talking and talking about the world cup. What is Nigeria doing?? Messi is already practicing penalties for Super eagles. Watch out what will happen. Oyibo no be winsh.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cmoke wrote:http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/03/2018-wor ... na-others/

2018 World Cup: Atletico Madrid coach, Diego Simeone gives verdict on Nigeria, Argentina, others

Published

on January 3, 2018

By Don Silas

Atletico Madrid manager, Diego Simeone, has given his verdict on Group D teams that include Argentina, Nigeria, Croatia and Iceland ahead of this year’s World Cup in Russia.

Simeone said Croatia will be Argentina’s toughest opponent in the group, adding that Nigeria would have already qualified for round of 16 before facing the La Albiceleste.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: ... and that is exactly what I think. In fact, we will have gotten six points (instead of four) before we play Argentina.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

zoro wrote:Argentina is talking and talking about the world cup. What is Nigeria doing?? Messi is already practicing penalties for Super eagles. Watch out what will happen. Oyibo no be winsh.
... they are good in cheating. I hope the referees will use the video assisted refereeing (VAR) very often in the World-cup games. If done, many of the "divers" will get - YELLOW and RED cards - instead.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

zoro wrote:Argentina is talking and talking about the world cup. What is Nigeria doing?? Messi is already practicing penalties for Super eagles. Watch out what will happen. Oyibo no be winsh.
Have you bothered finding out?, I doubt it because if you did, you wont ask...why are my people always looking for the negative when it comes to Nigeria, it reflects some level of insecurity being projected at the nation and its inhabitants thereof
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

First game Nigeria will beat Croatia 2-0 and Iceland will shocked the world and beat Argentina 1-0.
Second game Nigeria and Iceland will draw 0-0 and Croatia and Argentina will draw 1-1.
Third game Iceland will draw against Croatia and Iceland top the group with 5 points,Argentina will beat Nigeria 0-1 and go out with 4 points.Nigeria will come second with 4 points plus one goal.
Fance will come second in their group and face Iceland.Nigeria face Denmark in round of 16.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The order of fixtures has always been the real challenge as opposed to the opponents in the group. Playing Argentina last is a big plus for us and a problem for Argentina. If when we come to play them we have sufficient points in our back pocket, then we will approach the game with no fear. Iceland will be the surprise team in this group and have the potential to turn the group on its head.
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

Diego Simeone

9ja was weak and u only beat them 1 nil

if not for the momentary stupidity of our defence,

we had no reason to lose to sweden

so i disagree on nigeria being the weak team in that group mr Diego Simeone
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

akamoke wrote:
Have you bothered finding out?, I doubt it because if you did, you wont ask...why are my people always looking for the negative when it comes to Nigeria, it reflects some level of insecurity being projected at the nation and its inhabitants thereof
Show me.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.