Match-Fixer, Antonio Conte: Chelsea is in Austerity

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Conte: Chelsea is in Austerity

Post by danfo driver »

tunde72 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Antonio Conte:
I do not aim high with my requests, especially as in my history I’ve rarely been given the players I asked for. I always ended up at clubs who were running an austerity programme.”
This is a man who has spent £ 303, 200,000.00 (BRITISH POUNDS).

Willy Caballero Free
Antonio Rüdiger £29,000,000
Tiémoué Bakayoko £40,000,000
Álvaro Morata £58,000,000
Davide Zappacosta £23,000,000
Danny Drinkwater £35,000,000

Michy Batshuayi £33,200,000
N'Golo Kanté £32,000,000
Eduardo Free
Marcos Alonso £23,000,000
David Luiz £30,000,000

Although reading is fundamental, understanding what you read is more important. Take your time and digest what Conte said after you read what i highlighted above. Although i know it is beyond your capabilities, just try and tax a morsel more out of your limited brain..
Exactly somebody said he has rarely been given the players he asked for and you are telling us how much money club has spent on players the coach did not pencils out for the club. Its a well known fact he never got his desired players.
ah! tunde! you are back? you went into hiding after being outplayed by Arsenal TEAM C :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote:
Exactly my brother! Conte is an enemy of football! Look at the horrendous cowardly defensive football he put out yesterday. But for Arsenal's poor defense and inability to score, should have been a cricket scoreline. abi how you see am? :D
One enemy of football, there's only one enemy of football..
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Exactly my brother! Conte is an enemy of football! Look at the horrendous cowardly defensive football he put out yesterday. But for Arsenal's poor defense and inability to score, should have been a cricket scoreline. abi how you see am? :D

Na lie! there are many enemies of football-- conte, racism, losing, benitez, pies, barcelona, match-fiximg, diving, txj, just to name a few :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

CIC, but why now... The resident mongrel needs everything spelled out for him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

when I say i pity the persin wey spend school fees on am, as him waste him money, he thinks i am insulting him. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

CIC why now... The resident mongrel needs everything spelled out for him :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Mr Albrighton! how many Gareth Barrys does the SE need to win the world cup? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

let him stay there.....doesn't he know that Wenger has been suffering from malnutrition
+ kwashiorkor for the past 10-15yrs?.......... austerity would be a feast for him, but alas it would not matter, as 'our' coach has
literally forgotten how to eat......
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1 wrote:let him stay there.....doesn't he know that Wenger has been suffering from malnutrition
+ kwashiorkor for the past 10-15yrs?.......... austerity would be a feast for him, but alas it would not matter, as 'our' coach has
literally forgotten how to eat......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:To be honest, I've been unimpressed with Chelsea's buys. Save for Kante, not sure what the others really bring.
Conte doesnt really do "stars." He likes "system players."
Then if this is the case, then he can't complain. Cause when I look at chelsea, the only star I see is Kante. A faded star, Hazard. And a shackled star, Moses. The others, all system.
...Put him on the market and see what happens... :roll: even Wenger go put bid :sneaky:
Why do you think Real Madrid has ignored him all these years, even with him begging? i wont say Hazard is fading. he has just been mentally weak all his career. he does a lot of dribbling, but his numbers are a joke!

unlike Chelsea were all heir players are bricklayers, so anyone who can dribble is seen as a god, at Madrid, even their kit man can dribble! so they expect goals and assists in double figures! harzard cant do that

look at his numbers this season?? he has been outplayed by the likes of jesse lingard :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abeg can U do like twitter and put a link that allows one to click and convert from gibberish to English?
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

paj wrote:How much has Pep spent?
What does that have to do with the price of gberi and ewedu?

They don't have a salary cap.

Contrary to what most people believe, the pressure to win when you spend money is way much more intense than playing to win participation certificate.

ManCity is playing for the title. Any other result will be deemed a failure.

Ax yasef if the difference in what they spent accounts for them being 15 points clear from their nearest rival?

It is like giving you money to go and shop... it will not stop you from going into the same market and coming out with junk! :sad: :huh:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

deanotito wrote:
paj wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:To be honest, I've been unimpressed with Chelsea's buys. Save for Kante, not sure what the others really bring.
Then if this is the case, then he can't complain. Cause when I look at chelsea, the only star I see is Kante. A faded star, Hazard. And a shackled star, Moses. The others, all system.
...Put him on the market and see what happens... :roll: even Wenger go put bid :sneaky:
That they'd bid him up is not in question. Might even break the world record...and he might even go to another place and become the Hazard we used to know. But over the past year, he's not been the same guy. Hazard was on a Cristiano Ronaldo type path....But he's faltered.
Been instrumental in winning the EPL 2 of last 3 seasons yet he's fading..ok..I hear U..
Pa
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I do not aim high with my requests, especially as in my history I’ve rarely been given the players I asked for. I always ended up at clubs who were running an austerity programme.”

Willy Caballero Free

N'Golo Kanté £32,000,000
Eduardo Free
David Luiz £30,000,000
These guys sef. So this explains why he and the rest are being cantabed by Pep and Mancity?

Last year, Conte only had to worry about playing and concentrating on the EPL. Using the least number of players... this year, he can't figure out how to rotate his squad to challenge Mancity.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
paj wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Why do you think Real Madrid has ignored him all these years, even with him begging? i wont say Hazard is fading. he has just been mentally weak all his career. he does a lot of dribbling, but his numbers are a joke!

unlike Chelsea were all heir players are bricklayers, so anyone who can dribble is seen as a god, at Madrid, even their kit man can dribble! so they expect goals and assists in double figures! harzard cant do that

look at his numbers this season?? he has been outplayed by the likes of jesse lingard :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abeg can U do like twitter and put a link that allows one to click and convert from gibberish to English?
Pa
:clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:

Willy Caballero Free

N'Golo Kanté £32,000,000
Eduardo Free
David Luiz £30,000,000
These guys sef. So this explains why he and the rest are being cantabed by Pep and Mancity?

Last year, Conte only had to worry about playing and concentrating on the EPL. Using the least number of players... this year, he can't figure out how to rotate his squad to challenge Mancity.

Anyone who knows Conte, knows that he is a very limited coach. He struggled very badly at Juventus to balance CL with League games and the moment Juventus got rid of him and brought in Allegri, they went to 2 CL finals with weaker players! He had Pogba, Vidal and Pirlo, with Tevez up front. Allegri had Pogba, Khedira and Machisio with Mandzukic ahead. :lol:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

metalalloy wrote:

The relevant question is whether the money that City spent, was spent on players that Pep asked for or not. That appears to be the curx of Conte's tirade.

Oshey!!

We can see the evidence in the way MC plays and the way they are flying to win the EPL.
They spent a lot, but they bought players they need. Which to me meant money spent well.

I have to ask though, what is Conte's fascination with Alex Sandro that the team needs to shed 50m big ones for? If Chelsea gets Alex, would that stick Alonso in the back burner and kill his confidence knowing he will become a backup player?

Methinks the money could be spent in other areas of need. The team needs someone to take over from Fabregas. Someone more energetic that Fab.
Or in attack if Conte is not going to give Batsman much consideration. We have seen Morata, and we know he needs competition.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

paj wrote:
deanotito wrote:
paj wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
That they'd bid him up is not in question. Might even break the world record...and he might even go to another place and become the Hazard we used to know. But over the past year, he's not been the same guy. Hazard was on a Cristiano Ronaldo type path....But he's faltered.
Been instrumental in winning the EPL 2 of last 3 seasons yet he's fading..ok..I hear U..
Pa
I said "faded". Might not be a big difference to you, but it is to me. Hazard is not what he once was. The talisman effect is gone. He used to be unplayable, but not so anymore. It may be temporary...he may need a new coach/club/psych to get it all back, but I don't see it anymore.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

deanotito wrote:
paj wrote:
deanotito wrote:
paj wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Pa
I said "faded". Might not be a big difference to you, but it is to me. Hazard is not what he once was. The talisman effect is gone. He used to be unplayable, but not so anymore. It may be temporary...he may need a new coach/club/psych to get it all back, but I don't see it anymore.

Even now, Hazard can be unplayable in some games. Not in all games. Just like in the seasons Chelsea won those 2 EPL Championships.
Despite that, he is still a big star in world football.

Chelsea needs to get better players around him and Kante.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Willy Caballero Free

N'Golo Kanté £32,000,000
Eduardo Free
David Luiz £30,000,000
Drinkwater for 35 million? Kai...I fit sell myself to Chelsea for ordinary 5 million? I can't be worse than Drinkwater...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Balo,

Definitely a star, and because Belgium is stacked with him, De Bruyne, Lukaku and a solid center back pairing, I think they could win the WC....but that is because he's part of a stacked team. He's an important part of that stack, but its still the stack that counts. Chelsea is not built to compete with Man City, but if they had Hazard in talismanic form, they probably would be.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:Balo,

Definitely a star, and because Belgium is stacked with him, De Bruyne, Lukaku and a solid center back pairing, I think they could win the WC....but that is because he's part of a stacked team. He's an important part of that stack, but its still the stack that counts. Chelsea is not built to compete with Man City, but if they had Hazard in talismanic form, they probably would be.

Isnt that what they told us at the Euros? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You do know who their coach is? right?

A great coach could make a bad team good, and a bad coach could make a good team horrible.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:

Isnt that what they told us at the Euros? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You do know who their coach is? right?

A great coach could make a bad team good, and a bad coach could make a good team horrible.
Martinez is good enough to make them a credible threat. I wouldn't want to face them....Lukaku ain't no slouch, but Hazard and De Bruyne are good enough to be team highest goal scorers in a given tournament. That's the kinda team you fear...many ways to hurt you.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Martinez is good enough to make them a credible threat. I wouldn't want to face them....Lukaku ain't no slouch, but Hazard and De Bruyne are good enough to be team highest goal scorers in a given tournament. That's the kinda team you fear...many ways to hurt you.
like i said prior to the euros, we will find out. :D
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Cellular wrote:

Contrary to what most people believe, the pressure to win when you spend money is way much more intense than playing to win participation certificate.

Ax yasef if the difference in what they spent accounts for them being 15 points clear from their nearest rival?

It is like giving you money to go and shop... it will not stop you from going into the same market and coming out with junk! :sad: :huh:
it massively does..especially when Pep is getting his #1 targets and Chelsea is settling for the 2nd,3rd or 4th target. Asked for Vidal, got Bakayoko, no backup for the tired Alonso and please don't mention Kennedy/Aina..asked for Perisic and got Zappacosta...
the way the market is when teams see you're desperate the price go get as e be..Chelsea simply doesn't buy the way they used to buy...back then na Point and Kill..now wey dey price market like Ijebuman...dem go name price and we go dey haggle from barely half the requested price and piss dem off...see how long it took to get Morata sef...no pre-season..all these things matter...so..if U carry money to enter market, the early U go and if U sabi shop U go get correct deal..if U go for evening na leftover U go buy..
Pa
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

paj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

it massively does..especially when Pep is getting his #1 targets and Chelsea is settling for the 2nd,3rd or 4th target. Asked for Vidal, got Bakayoko, no backup for the tired Alonso and please don't mention Kennedy/Aina..asked for Perisic and got Zappacosta...
the way the market is when teams see you're desperate the price go get as e be..Chelsea simply doesn't buy the way they used to buy...back then na Point and Kill..now wey dey price market like Ijebuman...dem go name price and we go dey haggle from barely half the requested price and piss dem off...see how long it took to get Morata sef...no pre-season..all these things matter...so..if U carry money to enter market, the early U go and if U sabi shop U go get correct deal..if U go for evening na leftover U go buy..
Pa
whose fault is it that your coach cannot attract top players? :lol: :lol: He has been rejected up and down by the likes of Bonucci, Lukaku, Danilo etc etc because no serious player wants to work with a maniac! :lol: Is it Emenalo's fault?