Riyadh Mahrez on his way to Arsenal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Riyadh Mahrez on his way to Arsenal

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

By Metro Sport Reporter

Thursday 4 Jan 2018 8:17 am

Leicester City have agreed to let Riyad Mahrez leave in January if they receive a substantial offer, according to reports in France.

The Algeria international has recaptured his best form since Claude Puel was appointed as Craig Shakespeare’s successor in October, but is still keen to secure a move to a top six Premier League club.

Arsenal were heavily linked with a move for the 26-year-old in the summer with Arsene Wenger even going as far as to suggest he was considering making a bid.

Barcelona were also said to be monitoring the 2015/16 PFA Player of the Year’s situation, but withdrew their interest after managing to complete the £90million signing of Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund.

Mahrez handed in a formal transfer request in the opening weeks of the window but the only club to lodge an official bid were Roma, who Mahrez had little interest in joining.

Reports claimed last week that Arsenal, who could yet lose Alexis Sanchez to Manchester City this month, were preparing an offer for Mahrez and France Football claims that Leicester will allow their star man to depart should their valuation of the player be met.

Roma made three offers in the summer, the final one of £32m reportedly fell £8m shy of the Foxes’ asking price.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/04/leicester ... 02566/amp/
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Riyadh Mahrez on his way to Arsenal

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Iwobi is toast if true.
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I believe Iwobi will make it with any team that plays control football. Thus Iwobi is not toast.
A great Russia 2018 showing would be very helpful for his career.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... t-the-club
Leicester City boss Claude Puel says Riyad Mahrez is happy to stay at the club
Leicester City boss Claude Puel says he has held talks with Riyad Mahrez, who is happy to stay at the club, despite speculation linking him with a move.

The Algeria international, who handed in a transfer request in the summer, has been linked with a transfer to Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham during the January transfer window.

Puel says he wants to keep his star players, and claims that he is confident the winger will stay at the King Power Stadium beyond the January window.

Click here to listen to the latest Transfer Talk podcast where Liverpool's deal for Virgil van Dijk and the futures of Eden Hazard, Thibaut Courtois and Alexis Sanchez were among the topics discussed.

The Leicester manager said: "I want to keep all my best players and Riyad is an important player in the team for us.

"When I discussed things with him, he had a good attitude and is enjoying his football

"He is a happy player and likes to play with his teammates.

"His statistics have improved, with assists and scoring. Of course I want him to continue all this good work."
Leicester City manager Claude Puel has held positive talks with winger Riyad Mahrez

Puel also denied rumours that Mahrez, who was the subject of a £32m bid from Roma in the summer, had asked to quit the club in January.

When asked if the speculation was true he dismissed it, saying: "No he is happy with the squad, it is speculation but for me it is no problem.

"He is happy to play with this team, he enjoys his football and this is the most important thing.

Leicester City head to Fleetwood Town in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday, but striker Jamie Vardy is a serious doubt to face his former club.

Puel says Vardy, who joined Leicester from Fleetwood for £1m in 2012, will not risk his star striker unless he proves his fitness and is 100 per cent ready after a groin problem.

He said: "We will see. If he cannot be 100 per cent, we will not risk him.

"He is not training with the team. He is just doing some exercises in the gym. For the moment, it is not good for him."

Wes Morgan and Danny Simpson are missing with hamstring injuries, but Adrien Silva is expected to start following his delayed debut on New Year's Day.

The midfielder is now registered after the Foxes missed the deadline by 14 seconds in August as they tried to push through a £22m deal from Sporting Lisbon.

"For Simpson, I don't know when he can come back into competition," said Puel. "For now, he is in the gym.

"Wes, I think it is not too bad, but I think he will be out for a few weeks."
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:By Metro Sport Reporter

Thursday 4 Jan 2018 8:17 am

Leicester City have agreed to let Riyad Mahrez leave in January if they receive a substantial offer, according to reports in France.

The Algeria international has recaptured his best form since Claude Puel was appointed as Craig Shakespeare’s successor in October, but is still keen to secure a move to a top six Premier League club.

Arsenal were heavily linked with a move for the 26-year-old in the summer with Arsene Wenger even going as far as to suggest he was considering making a bid.

Barcelona were also said to be monitoring the 2015/16 PFA Player of the Year’s situation, but withdrew their interest after managing to complete the £90million signing of Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund.

Mahrez handed in a formal transfer request in the opening weeks of the window but the only club to lodge an official bid were Roma, who Mahrez had little interest in joining.

Reports claimed last week that Arsenal, who could yet lose Alexis Sanchez to Manchester City this month, were preparing an offer for Mahrez and France Football claims that Leicester will allow their star man to depart should their valuation of the player be met.

Roma made three offers in the summer, the final one of £32m reportedly fell £8m shy of the Foxes’ asking price.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/04/leicester ... 02566/amp/

You claim to be a serious person and you open a thread with metro as your source. Dude you keep making it easy for your detractors smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote:I believe Iwobi will make it with any team that plays control football. Thus Iwobi is not toast.
KPOM
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

joao wrote:I believe Iwobi will make it with any team that plays control football. Thus Iwobi is not toast.
With the way he is currently playing, does Iwobi deserve a place in the Super Eagles going to Russia? Even if he goes, what makes you believe he will be any better than he currently is for Arsenal?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
With the way he is currently playing, does Iwobi deserve a place in the Super Eagles going to Russia? Even if he goes, what makes you believe he will be any better than he currently is for Arsenal?

what??? :shock:

I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Arsenal should do quik and acquire Mahrez jare. So dem go fit release our boy from hostage.

This Boko Haram hostaging of Sanchez needs to stop. Kilode? :taunt:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

bret- hart wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Unbelievable! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
With the way he is currently playing, does Iwobi deserve a place in the Super Eagles going to Russia?
Even if he goes, what makes you believe he will be any better than he currently is for Arsenal?
With the highlighted above, you just confirmed you ability to 'shock and awe'
just to get personal attention.
Ease out of this trap you set for yourself by naming a replacement for Iwobi on the SE.

Ayo the peacock!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

joao wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
With the way he is currently playing, does Iwobi deserve a place in the Super Eagles going to Russia?
Even if he goes, what makes you believe he will be any better than he currently is for Arsenal?
With the highlighted above, you just confirmed you ability to 'shock and awe'
just to get personal attention.
Ease out of this trap you set for yourself by naming a replacement for Iwobi on the SE.

Ayo the peacock!!!

In what role?
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

bret- hart wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

in 2001 we discovered AutoTune...
in 2005 we discovered Autocorrect...
in 2018 we have discovered AutOpaks....thanks to AyoAkinfe...
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Coutinho sold to Barca for $192M.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

bret- hart wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :bump: :bump: :bump: :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

balo wrote:Coutinho sold to Barca for $192M.
The Dean of the world council coaches :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .............Turning normal players into worldbeaters. :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Iwobi is toast if true.
Why?
Iwobi is younger, Mahrez best years are behind him
Iwobi is going to the Mundial, Mahrez is watching the World Cup from his hotel room at Disney world
Iwobi needs 2-3 more years to play at his best, Mahrez at best has 2 seasons before his inevitable return to France Ligue for retirement paycheck or stay in London to play for whatever team Sam Allardyce will be rescuing from relegation at that time.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

...to Pool

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tfco wrote:...to Pool

I guess he replaces Coutinho.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

balo wrote:
tfco wrote:...to Pool

I guess he replaces Coutinho.
Pool denies interest. Not happening!
OCCUPY NFF!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Which road him take? Him no go reach Emirates at all. Arsenal and their fake signings
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

nemi2002 wrote:Which road him take? Him no go reach Emirates at all. Arsenal and their fake signings

Lemar in the works noni.

nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

balo wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:Which road him take? Him no go reach Emirates at all. Arsenal and their fake signings

Lemar in the works noni.
For Liverpool abi arenal