Comparing Key SE Players as World Cup is in sight.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Comparing Key SE Players as World Cup is in sight.......

Post by Enugu II »

Do not be deceived by preponderant check marks under Ndidi's name, Mikel is still the guy who makes Nigeria's midfield click. He is the master, the general, and the overseer. His game tempo and attitude decides whether Nigeria has a chance or not. However, Ndidi is rapidly improving and that is defined by his advantages in several aspects of midfield play. The most compelling part of his game is his range, his ability to cover a vast area of the field, his selflessness, and his effort.
Ola Aina's arrival to the national team led to many singing requiem for Echiejile's starting spot. However, I do not believe Echiejile will give up that spot as easily as some may believe. After all, he is much better in the air and it isn't even close.
Click below for details:

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/01/s ... -year.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Comparing Key SE Players as World Cup is in sight.......

Post by Flex Swift »

It appears your blog write up is incomplete ?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote:It appears your blog write up is incomplete ?
Thanks. For some reason, the last paragraph on conclusion was missing. Fixed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Good analysis EII :thumb:.. Will be nice to see you thoughts on the goalkeepers
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I'll say it again... Echiejile has his position on lock down. If he's healthy, he starts in the WC. The only way Aina starts is if the veteran he's displacing is useless. Echiejile is far from...You're not going to thrust a 21 year old with no top flight experience into the WC at such a critical position just cause he has pace. Aina is not that great either. There have to be strong overriding reasons to bench Echiejile...and I have seen none.

When you look at the opposite side - Ebuehi vs Garba - you have the opposite issue. Both are young and untested at the very top of football. Though I would give the edge to Garba, I can understand a coach going with Ebuehi (based on his argentina play). Its more of a toss up.

But at LB, a healthy echiejile, playing club football, would still get the nod. Its an unnecessary risk to thrust Aina in there....Probably a marginally better idea to play wing back football - 3-5-2 (with Aina in the midfield, but given instructions to cover ground) than to play our traditional 4-3-3 and replace Echiejile with Aina. And I think that's what Rohr was trying to see vs. Argentina....

The outstanding question is Bryan Idowu. I would be much more comfortable with him than I would be with Aina. But I'm not sure we've seen enough of his game yet.
Last edited by deanotito on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote:
Do not be deceived by preponderant check marks under Ndidi's name, Mikel is still the guy who makes Nigeria's midfield click. He is the master, the general, and the overseer. His game tempo and attitude decides whether Nigeria has a chance or not. However, Ndidi is rapidly improving and that is defined by his advantages in several aspects of midfield play. The most compelling part of his game is his range, his ability to cover a vast area of the field, his selflessness, and his effort.
Ola Aina's arrival to the national team led to many singing requiem for Echiejile's starting spot. However, I do not believe Echiejile will give up that spot as easily as some may believe. After all, he is much better in the air and it isn't even close.
Click below for details:

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/01/s ... -year.html
:clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:I'll say it again... Echiejile has his position on lock down. If he's healthy, he starts in the WC. The only way Aina starts is if the veteran he's displacing is useless. Echiejile is far from...You're not going to thrust a 21 year old with no top flight experience into the WC at such a critical position just cause he has pace. Aina is not that great either. There have to be strong overriding reasons to bench Echiejile...and I have seen none.
I don't think he has played for Sivasspor since October of last year and there were some reports that his coach claimed he wasn't injured. Any indication whats going on?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

EII,
In your Iheanacho vs. Ighalo comparison chart, your assertion that Odion is pacier that Iheanacho is absolutely wrong.
Kelechi is a much faster that Odion.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Otitokoro wrote:EII,
In your Iheanacho vs. Ighalo comparison chart, your assertion that Odion is pacier that Iheanacho is absolutely wrong.
Yup! The best attributes of both players was also overlooked. I give Enugu 2/10 on this one.
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:I'll say it again... Echiejile has his position on lock down. If he's healthy, he starts in the WC. The only way Aina starts is if the veteran he's displacing is useless. Echiejile is far from...You're not going to thrust a 21 year old with no top flight experience into the WC at such a critical position just cause he has pace. Aina is not that great either. There have to be strong overriding reasons to bench Echiejile...and I have seen none.
I don't think he has played for Sivasspor since October of last year and there were some reports that his coach claimed he wasn't injured. Any indication whats going on?
But we know he didn't feature for the eagles in the same time period due to the same injury. So I don't know about any coach saying he wasn't injured. If he was in fact struggling to get a spot at Sivasspor and wasn't in fact injured, he'd have jumped at the chance to play for the eagles
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro,

I will agree with you if we are talking of Iheanacho that we saw with the youth team. In my view, he has aded some weight and I have not seen much of that pace with the SE recently to be honest. I gave the nod to Ighalo because I have watched him severally use that pace to get behind defenses seeking passes through spaces.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ecjijile does not deserve to be anywhere near a Nigerian team list. Not with Aian and Idowu playing much better than him for club and country.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sorry, but watching the recent Argentine game, his pace was quite evident.
Do not think he lost a step since his U17 days.
Enugu II wrote:
Otitokoro,

I will agree with you if we are talking of Iheanacho that we saw with the youth team. In my view, he has aded some weight and I have not seen much of that pace with the SE recently to be honest. I gave the nod to Ighalo because I have watched him severally use that pace to get behind defenses seeking passes through spaces.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Is this how low we have sunk? Some of these players should not be anywhere near the Eagles.