Musa and Iheanacho for Turkey?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa and Iheanacho for Turkey?

Post by deanotito »

bushboy wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:[/video]

In light of some the comments disparaging the lads ability....

As Mikel said in a recent interview posted, every players needs an arm around him from time to time... Pep never believed in him and Leicester has relegated him to a bit part player...at his age that will definitely knock his confidence. Thankfully, Rohr still sees him for what he is worth..

Big Sam has a penchant for African players, West Ham have some decent ball players, Rafa needs more firepower, with it being a WC year he just has to be a bit careful choosing where he decides to go next.
The statement that Pep never believed in him is a big lie! Pep liked the kid. I recall him showering him with praise during the pre-season. Even when Aguero got injured, Kelechi was the undisputed starter under Pep. That was his chance. Perform, and Aguero would have been sold and Man City today would be Kelechi and Jesus team.
However, I remember the game against Swansea I think. He got the start, and he missed 3 clear cut chances in the first half alone and gave the ball away cheaply a few times. He was pulled at halftime, and that was the beginning of the end for him at Man city. Kelechi has only himself to blame.
Same thing at Leicester. He got a chance to play alongside Vardy. To show that the big money young player could firm a deadly partnership with the main man. Did he grab the chance? No. He was poor, and Okizaki proved better in that role.
Let's speak the truth. Kelechi has had opportunities and he has fluffed it!!
This is not true. I watched them a lot in that time. There was a certain game in that period Pep started with essentially 7 midfielders and no striker...with Kelechi on the bench. He was reluctantly used, but he was not given the keys to the kingdom. Players know that. They feel that.

But I am not saying this to create excuses. I don't believe Kelechi is down psychologically. He just needs a run of games. Thats about it. Iheanacho is that uncommon striker that can sniff the goal from anywhere. He has that instinct that is hard to teach. All he needs is enough games to get his sharpness back and he's good for a goal every other game. Yes, he's that guy
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
bushboy wrote:

As Mikel said in a recent interview posted, every players needs an arm around him from time to time... Pep never believed in him and Leicester has relegated him to a bit part player...at his age that will definitely knock his confidence. Thankfully, Rohr still sees him for what he is worth..

Big Sam has a penchant for African players, West Ham have some decent ball players, Rafa needs more firepower, with it being a WC year he just has to be a bit careful choosing where he decides to go next.
The statement that Pep never believed in him is a big lie! Pep liked the kid. I recall him showering him with praise during the pre-season. Even when Aguero got injured, Kelechi was the undisputed starter under Pep. That was his chance. Perform, and Aguero would have been sold and Man City today would be Kelechi and Jesus team.
However, I remember the game against Swansea I think. He got the start, and he missed 3 clear cut chances in the first half alone and gave the ball away cheaply a few times. He was pulled at halftime, and that was the beginning of the end for him at Man city. Kelechi has only himself to blame.
Same thing at Leicester. He got a chance to play alongside Vardy. To show that the big money young player could firm a deadly partnership with the main man. Did he grab the chance? No. He was poor, and Okizaki proved better in that role.
This is not true. I watched them a lot in that time. There was a certain game in that period Pep started with essentially 7 midfielders and no striker...with Kelechi on the bench. He was reluctantly used, but he was not given the keys to the kingdom. Players know that. They feel that.

But I am not saying this to create excuses. I don't believe Kelechi is down psychologically. He just needs a run of games. Thats about it. Iheanacho is that uncommon striker that can sniff the goal from anywhere. He has that instinct that is hard to teach. All he needs is enough games to get his sharpness back and he's good for a goal every other game. Yes, he's that guy
Yep it was so perplexing, you rather play without a striker than use Kele who scores almost every time you play him. It was very odd, its like Peps mind was already made up on the boy regardless of what he does on the field.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Exactly. At that time Man City couldn't find the back of the net, but the only guy that was scoring couldn't see any minutes.

Guardiola obviously didn't like certain aspects of his game, which caused him to drop Iheanacho despite the guy scoring whenever he was given a chance. Pep was looking at his bigger picture, not on solving the issues at hand.

Kelechi needs someone to have confidence in him and give him a run.

Tomorrow Leicester play a scrub team, so hopefully Iheanacho gets a shot, given Slimani played on Monday and Vardy has a minor injury.
Last edited by marutimon on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
bushboy wrote:

Yep it was so perplexing, you rather play without a striker than use Kele who scores almost every time you play him. It was very odd, its like Peps mind was already made up on the boy regardless of what he does on the field.
If you are good, it does not matter if one coach does not like you. Let Pep dislike Aguero or De Bruyne, it will be his loss!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I think pep wanted someone who was very good on the ball and despite Kelechi's scoring ability he isn't really that good on the ball. We all know this and shouldn't lie to ourselves about it. Kelechi may play better in a team that holds possession more but really he is an outlet and finisher rather than the player you use in the build up to a goal. In the qualifiers that was the reason he wasn't started as often as some wanted.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

It does if you are a player that absolutely does not fit the type of player you like. Aguero won out, because he was basically a Pep type of striker, just needed to cut down on the selfishness a bit.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
bushboy wrote:

If you are good, it does not matter if one coach does not like you. Let Pep dislike Aguero or De Bruyne, it will be his loss!
No, it matters. It makes it harder to ignore you, but if a coach. Was Eto'o untalented when Pep started to humble him? What about Zlatan??? you're talking about a coach that has shipped or frustrated out many great players throughout his career. Talent has never been Pep's sole driving force. He's a weirdo, and his gambles have worked.

I really believe that Pep did not believe Kele was technically gifted enough and that though his marksmanship was good, Kele did not have the requisite technical ability (ball control, intelligence), and for Pep, that is key. I also suspect he doesn't think Africans are smart enough to play up there...but that's just a wild guess on my part.

But these things matter...in all vocations of life
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
bushboy wrote:

No, it matters. It makes it harder to ignore you, but if a coach. Was Eto'o untalented when Pep started to humble him? What about Zlatan??? you're talking about a coach that has shipped or frustrated out many great players throughout his career. Talent has never been Pep's sole driving force. He's a weirdo, and his gambles have worked.

I really believe that Pep did not believe Kele was technically gifted enough and that though his marksmanship was good, Kele did not have the requisite technical ability (ball control, intelligence), and for Pep, that is key. I also suspect he doesn't think Africans are smart enough to play up there...but that's just a wild guess on my part.

So Guadiola was right? Iheanacho is just a goalscorer. Deny him service and he becomes a passenger!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
bushboy wrote:

Yep. For Kele to have stayed in Man City, he would have needed to be a hattrick machine...the kind of performance that would cause an uproar if they tried to sell him. What Pep did was to bring Kele down to earth with sparse playing time. In the meantime, other ManCity players were emerging too. First few months of Pep's reign, Sterling was useless. In the Euros the summer before, he was useless still. Kept asking myself how the boy keeps his shirt while Kele can't keep his. But Pep stuck with Sterling, and stuck with him, and stuck with him...Until Sterling drove out the uselessness.

I'll say it again. Kelechi Iheanacho is unique. He has that instinct. If he gets a coach that gets that, both of them would be very happy with his production.
Last edited by deanotito on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

You can't be a hattrick machine if you only get 50-60 minutes a game... Despite his limited game time Kelechi has two career hattricks, so...
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

marutimon wrote:You can't be a hattrick machine if you only get 50-60 minutes a game... Despite his limited game time Kelechi has two career hattricks, so...
When was his second hat trick?

I know he has a ton of hat tricks at youth level.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
bushboy wrote:

So Guadiola was right? Iheanacho is just a goalscorer. Deny him service and he becomes a passenger!
And what is wrong with a "goal scorer". Do you know how hard true goal scorers are to find? How many true goal scorers are in the EPL???

I don't begrudge Pep for having a preferred style/player. He has always held his own counsel, and it has worked marvelously for him. Were I a coach, I wouldn't have the guts to ship Eto'o out of Barcelona. At the same time, I refuse to make the next leap that because a player is rejected by Pep, he can't still be world class. Pep has rejected many world class players.

When Pellegrini was running the show and giving Kele the support he needs, we saw what he was doing. Kele has his limitations, but his strengths make him one of the best young prospects around. I'll take that
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

marutimon wrote:You can't be a hattrick machine if you only get 50-60 minutes a game... Despite his limited game time Kelechi has two career hattricks, so...
We're on the same page, my brother. He had no chance in MC. The fix was in.

I remember the story of Daniel Amokachi who forced his way into the pitch for the FA semi final at Everton. They still talk about that story till today, and he's part of Everton folklore as a result. You ask yourself how could a manager have a potential 2 goal scorer on the bench in a game he was losing, and then attempt to bring another person on.

I watched Amo severally for Everton...he deserved to start. He was talented enough to do so...but he hardly did.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

deanotito wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
bushboy wrote:

I think @Ayo should probably try his hands on other stuff like Ikepe Super kind of....football no be for you sir.
There is nothing wrong with Kele, he has some areas he can improve on just like most players. If you have played competitive football before, you would know the impact of benching a player on his confidence. How can you expect a player that gets a total of about 30 minutes in a month improve ?...yes there are some exception but definitely not too many.
Pep just does not like Kele and it`s easy to see. Imagine if Pellegrini were still the Coach of Man City, Nacho will certainly be a starter in that team.
Any young player needs a Coach that believes in him and ready to live with his mistakes during his development.
Henry, Weah, even our own Rashidi were struggling during their developing years and were lucky to work under Coaches who were ready to nurture them.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

bushboy wrote:

Liking a player and believing in him are two separate thing... When you believe in a player you nurture them along the way to becoming a big part of your future plans. Anelka had two left feet when he first arrived at Highbury and was missing sitters from 6 yards out but Wenger had belief in the guy. Pep never saw Nacho as a long term prospect and probably considered him too one dimensional. You concluding that he had 'opportunities and fluffed them' is stretching it a bit considering his goal ratio stats to playing time as at the time he left City..
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Wonder if Nacho can force a move to Wolfsburg. They've just sold Gomez and need a striker
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Mr Shows wrote:
bushboy wrote:

Liking a player and believing in him are two separate thing... When you believe in a player you nurture them along the way to becoming a big part of your future plans. Anelka had two left feet when he first arrived at Highbury and was missing sitters from 6 yards out but Wenger had belief in the guy. Pep never saw Nacho as a long term prospect and probably considered him too one dimensional. You concluding that he had 'opportunities and fluffed them' is stretching it a bit considering his goal ratio stats to playing time as at the time he left City..
You dey mind them. Baba Yekini`s scoring ratio was 6-1 during his active years sef
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I guess Pep Guardiola has destroyed this young Nigerian and those who almost committed suicide over Mikel during the last 10 years, have closed their mouth?? Because they dont want to speak ill about their god (Guardiola)? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

danfo driver wrote:I guess Pep Guardiola has destroyed this young Nigerian and those who almost committed suicide over Mikel during the last 10 years, have closed their mouth?? Because they dont want to speak ill about their god (Guardiola)? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The foriegn coach worshipers will never see anything wrong there.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Nacho had the BEST scoring record (goals/Match ratio) @ some point but Pep never believed in him. Question is Why?
Have Y'all watched Pierre Aubameyang as well? Why are europe Premier teams not falling over each other for him?
The answers to these questions will tell you why Afr players tend to be a Lil underrated.

And Its not RACE.....btw
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

The real deal wrote:Nacho had the BEST scoring record (goals/Match ratio) @ some point but Pep never believed in him. Question is Why?
Have Y'all watched Pierre Aubameyang as well? Why are europe Premier teams not falling over each other for him?
The answers to these questions will tell you why Afr players tend to be a Lil underrated.

And Its not RACE.....btw
There was one match I watched where Pep turned away and was complaining about Nacho thinking that he would not score but Nacho had already scored
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

The real deal wrote:Nacho had the BEST scoring record (goals/Match ratio) @ some point but Pep never believed in him. Question is Why?

And Its not RACE.....btw
abeg wetin be the answer ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Siddonlook11 wrote:

And Its not RACE.....btw
abeg wetin be the answer ?

To be honest, we are moderately severely lacking in our technical/tactical arsenal @ individual levels.....we don't seem to be very imaginative, usually can't create something out of nothing.....We tend to rely on individual attributes of skill and athletic ability...... I've never truly seen African matches where you'd see 3 attackers score against 5 defenders strictly because of the way they pass, move the ball around or put together combinations...... If you name any players of African descent, I beg you its cos of their Individual attributes.........
Translation....we still play too much SELFISH foot ball instead of COLLECTIVE football.......Denmark V Nigeria.......Cameroon V England 1990
No one plays collective football better than GERMANY.....Apart from the GK, there probably no German player thats the best in the world in their position..bunch of above avg players but we know they'd probably win it all AGAIN
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos