So Victor Moses is the only match winner we really have?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
So Victor Moses is the only match winner we really have?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] You know, it is one thing to have a good team but it is another thing to have impact players

[2] Every team that goes on to do great things always has one or two players who can do the extraordinary

[3] I am talking of players who can pull a rabbit out of the hat when required

[4] If the team is not playing well for instance, you need a man who can conjuor something from nothing

[5] I am talking of a player who if you are a goal down and chasing a game, he can rescue victory from the jaws of defeat

[6] Look at Mohammed Salah at Liverpool, Eden Hazard at Chelsea, Sergio Aguero at Man City and Kylian Mbappé at PSG. Even when they are having bad games, they are still potential match winners

[7] We have some good players but all those who are potential match winners like Ighalo, Onyekuru and Nwakali are either battling with form or injury

[8] Currently looking at our forward line, Victor Moses is the only one who can pull a rabbit out of the hat ala Nwankwo Kanu at the 1996 Olympics in the semi final against Brazil. Were we in that situation today, how many of our players could produce a goal like that on their own in injury time?

[9] Our two best players in my opinion Mikel and Ndidi are not goal scorers. They are there to shield the defence, initiate build-ups, win us the ball and allow us keep it. How I wish we had players of that calibre upfront

[10] Now is the time for some of our players to stand up and be counted. See how Jack Wilshere has turned himself into a World Cup contender within a few months?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: So Victor Moses is the only match winner we really have?

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] You know, it is one thing to have a good team but it is another thing to have impact players

[2] Every team that goes on to do great things always has one or two players who can do the extraordinary

[4] If the team is not playing well for instance, you need a man who can conjuor something from nothing

[5] I am talking of a player who if you are a goal down and chasing a game, he can rescue victory from the jaws of defeat

[6] Look at Mohammed Salah at Liverpool, Eden Hazard at Chelsea, Sergio Aguero at Man City and Kylian Mbappé at PSG. Even when they are having bad games, they are still potential match winners

[7] We have some good players but all those who are potential match winners like Ighalo, Onyekuru and Nwakali are either battling with form or injury

[8] Currently looking at our forward line, Victor Moses is the only one who can pull a rabbit out of the hat ala Nwankwo Kanu at the 1996 Olympics in the semi final against Brazil. Were we in that situation today, how many of our players could produce a goal like that on their own in injury time?

[9] Our two best players in my opinion Mikel and Ndidi are not goal scorers. They are there to shield the defence, initiate build-ups, win us the ball and allow us keep it. How I wish we had players of that calibre upfront

[10] Now is the time for some of our players to stand up and be counted. See how Jack Wilshere has turned himself into a World Cup contender within a few months?
I pity this poor kid and your attempt to get him undeserved hate on this forum.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Mikel, Ndidi, Ighalo, Ideye, Musa, Iwobi, Kels.

Just to name a few.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Iheanacho is the definition of a game winner. He will be anonymous, but give him one sight on goal and he will score.

Who won us the game vs Argentina? Iheanacho.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Iheanacho is that guy.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

TheHitman47 wrote:Iheanacho is that guy.
Why him no dey do am for Leicester?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Even his bad touches turn to assists :) vide 2:3 vs Argentina.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:

That was a friendly. Do you think he can do that in a competitive game where the tackles are flying in, you get closed down immediately and space is at a premium?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Yes, and Iheanacho free kick would have been saved.
And his pass for 2:2 blocked off.

And you know why that space would have been there during the goal for 2:3 or 2:4?

Because Argentina would have opened up to get back into the game.

You act like you can't counterattack against top teams, because they never open up. Laughable...
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] You know, it is one thing to have a good team but it is another thing to have impact players

So you're looking for a player that would not only wear s hat on the field but pull rabbit from it? Many questions come to mind but will only ask one? Are you a clown? :tic: :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
marutimon wrote:

That was a friendly. Do you think he can do that in a competitive game where the tackles are flying in, you get closed down immediately and space is at a premium?
my guy abeg stop this nonsensical attempt at rubbishing a player's efforts.. .....U think Messi go dribbu players differently becos na friendly?Or keepers go allow backpass enter goal becos na friendly?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

all of una wey dey respond to this guy , be like say una want make 2018 no shele for una..keep responding to the bait..I go begin swear for every single one of una wey dey encourage this fella to spam this forum with the same cycled rubbish..no say i no warn una .. the pathetic part be say ,nah the same CE folks wey dey reply to this bot threads... and una don tey for this forum
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:all of una wey dey respond to this guy , be like say una want make 2018 no shele for una..keep responding to the bait..I go begin swear for every single one of una wey dey encourage this fella to spam this forum with the same cycled rubbish..no say i no warn una .. the pathetic part be say ,nah the same CE folks wey dey reply to this bot threads... and una don tey for this forum
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Contributing editors full hia
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Moses without a doubt is our most talented player, and on a good day can win a game almost by himself. We do have other players that I would call match winners as well. Ighalo, Iwobi, and Onyekeru come to mind. You can also add Nacho. His efficiency in front of goal makes him a potential match winner. He does tend to drift in and out of games though.

Btw, although being a regular for your club is very important, there are players that tend to play better for their country than their clubs.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

This guy is now rubbishing the performance and result against Argentina in a friendly but supported the selection of Sola and Uchebo based on performances in the Italian friendly in the build up to the last World Cup.

If you belittle the teams performance against Argentina in a friendly then you have to do the same for the coming friendlies and rubbish the performance of any new player that may be selected. As I have argued before assessing the ability of players during friendlies is much more difficult than in a competitive match hence my reluctance to bring in new players once the qualification process is finished.

Again to belittle our teams performance in competitive matches and now a grade A friendly shows
The writer is turning himself into a laughing stock!!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Victor Moses is only a match winner against African opposition. He has not proved this against quality teams. He has not scored a goal for Chelsea in a year playing in the same position as Zappacosta.
Ideally for SE, the impact combination you want is for Moses to dribble past defenders at the edge of the box then cut it back for a deadly Iheanacho strike.
I remains to see if there is any improvement from him on the world stage from 4 years ago.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Robotnik wrote:Victor Moses is only a match winner against African opposition. He has not proved this against quality teams. He has not scored a goal for Chelsea in a year playing in the same position as Zappacosta.
Ideally for SE, the impact combination you want is for Moses to dribble past defenders at the edge of the box then cut it back for a deadly Iheanacho strike.
I remains to see if there is any improvement from him on the world stage from 4 years ago.
Moses never scored from his wing back position before? I be wan call u mumu but personal attack no good.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

pajimoh wrote:

So you're looking for a player that would not only wear s hat on the field but pull rabbit from it? Many questions come to mind but will only ask one? Are you a clown? :tic: :sneaky:
Do they even allow players to wear hat on field? :sneaky: Dis Ayo sef :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I just hope Onyekuru recovers on time. He has the talent to make a huge difference.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The question "we" should be asking is why a country of 186 million people + millions more 9ja oyinbo in the diaspora, does not have a player in the mold of Sadio Mane or Mo Salah.

And it's not like 9ja youth are focused on other sports. No! 90% of them focus on footie.
It's quite baffling! :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Kabalega wrote:The question "we" should be asking is why a country of 186 million people + millions more 9ja oyinbo in the diaspora, does not have a player in the mold of Sadio Mane or Mo Salah.

And it's not like 9ja youth are focused on other sports. No! 90% of them focus on footie.
Equally baffling that a country with a population a fraction of yours is at the WC and you are not.. :dream:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Mr Shows wrote:
Kabalega wrote:The question "we" should be asking is why a country of 186 million people + millions more 9ja oyinbo in the diaspora, does not have a player in the mold of Sadio Mane or Mo Salah.

Equally baffling that a country with a population a fraction of yours is at the WC and you are not.. :dream:
Apples to oranges....

Think about it, how baffling would it be if that unnamed country beat Naija at the World Cup?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu