JOSE FIRES MATCH FIXING SLUR AT CONTE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
JOSE FIRES MATCH FIXING SLUR AT CONTE

Post by anikulapo »

Mourinho heightens feud with Antonio Conte with match-fix barb
play
WATCH: Mourinho hits back at Conte with match-fixing barb (2:36)
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Email
comment
5:33 PM ET
Rob Dawson
Jose Mourinho wasted no time in hitting back at criticism from Antonio Conte, reminding the Chelsea manager he was previously accused in a match-fixing scandal.

Amid a war of words between the two Premier League managers, Mourinho said after Manchester United's FA Cup win on Friday night: "What has never happened to me and will never happen is to be suspended for match fixing."

ADVERTISEMENT

Before coming to Chelsea, Conte was implicated in a 2011 fixing scandal while boss of Italian side Siena, but was ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing five years later.

But after Conte earlier on Friday said that a certain manager was showing signs of "senile dementia" in forgetting incidents of high emotion in his own past, the Manchester United boss made his feelings on the matter known.

Asked whether he wanted to respond to Conte's barb, Mourinho told a news conference: "I don't blame him. Honestly. I don't blame him, I think the press should apologise to me and him.

"Because the question that comes to him is completely wrong, and because of that, he had that out of control reaction. But I don't blame him at all.

"I was asked about my passion, and you know I was speaking about myself, and then the question to the Chelsea manager was that I told he behaved like a clown. Probably the journalist wanted to say that but didn't have the courage, so he said 'Mourinho said you behaved like a clown.'

"I don't blame the Chelsea manager at all, and I understand his reaction. I was speaking about myself saying I don't need to behave like a clown to show passion.

"I control my emotions in a better way. Everybody knows, I don't need the Chelsea manager to say I made mistakes in the past. And I will make in the future hopefully.

"I celebrated goals running 50 metres, I celebrated goals sliding on my knees, celebrations jumping in the crowd. I'm not free of that, especially if we score a winning goal in a specific moment, I am not free to have an out-of-control reaction.

"What I was trying to say that I behave bad a few times, and this moment I control myself better. It doesn't mean my passion is not the same. So wrong question and obviously a strong answer, and I don't blame.

Matthew Peters/Man Utd via Getty Images
"The only way I want to end the story is, yes, I made mistakes in the past on the touchline, and yes, I will make less, but I'll still make a few.

"What has never happened to me and will never happen is to be suspended for match fixing. That never happened to me, and it will never happen."

Asked to clarify his comments because Conte has served a ban for match fixing in the past, Mourinho replied: "Did he? Not me."

Conte, then the manager at Juventus, was initially banned for 10 months in 2012 after being accused of failing to report alleged match fixing in two games involving Siena during the 2010-11 season.

It was later cut to four months, which he served, before being completely cleared in 2016. Conte then led Italy at the European Championship.

The comments that led Conte to speak about Mourinho forgetting his past came as a response to the Portuguese saying on Thursday that some other Premier League managers were acting like "a clown on the touchline" -- referring to animated coaches like Conte and Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp.

Conte in response on Friday -- without specifically naming the Man United boss -- brought up instances like Mourinho's famous charge down the touchline to celebrate Porto's equaliser in a 1-1 draw at United in the Champions League round of 16 in 2004.

"I think he has to see himself in the past -- maybe he was speaking about himself in the past," Conte said. "Maybe, sometimes, I think that someone forgets what's said in the past, which is his behaviour.

"Sometimes I think there is, I don't know the name, but demenza senile ... when you forget what you do in the past."

Though Conte used Italian to find the phrase that escaped him in English, Chelsea later said he was trying to say Mourinho had "amnesia."

Before Mourinho's latest response, Conte also said that he was "starting to be a bit annoyed" with his counterparts continuing to talk about him and his club, and that: "If you want to go to fight with me, I am ready."
Last edited by anikulapo on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: JOSE FIRES MATCH FIXING SLUR AT CONTR

Post by anikulapo »

Wow these two might actually throw punches on the sideline next time .... dayuuum
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Like I said in the other thread, Mourinho was asked why HE (MOURINHO) does not show passion on the sideline anymore. And Mourinho, RESPONDING ABOUT HIS OWN SELF, said he doesnt have to be a clown, jumping about (like he used to) and now, he can show passion through his work.

Conte, became emotional, and thought he was the clown :lol: :lol: :lol: Remarkable stuff!

[/video]
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Why does Jose have to have Beef with every single manager?

Its tiring and childish.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:Why does Jose have to have Beef with every single manager?

Its tiring and childish.
And people wonder why I defend Mourinho.

Mourinho says: I was a clown, now I watch my behavior

Conte says: I am Not a clown, Mourinho i demented!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And Its Mourinho that you have a problem with?? Someone insulted himself, and another person then insulted him for insulting himself, and its the first person that bothers you? :rotf: Truth is, you have a problem with Mourinho, and your comments are clearly based on that and not based on fairness.

Like I said, and people wonder why I defend Mourinho. smh...
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

The senile one is on fire
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JOSE FIRES MATCH FIXING SLUR AT CONTE

Post by YemiBrazil »

So Mourinho just labeled Conte the match fixing one :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

They should show it on the green grass instead of this press war.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...#$%$ Conte gyrates in the sideline to save his job :laugh:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Its tiring and childish.
He suffers from dwarf syndrome..........short people always believe that folks diss them 'cos of their pint size :mrgreen: and the portugese pygmy is no different.
I very well understand the cowardly portugese pygmy :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zee wrote:

Its tiring and childish.
He suffers from dwarf syndrome..........short people always believe that folks diss them 'cos of their pint size :mrgreen: and the portugese pygmy is no different.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Zee do you understand the short man complex because you are dimunitive in stature or because you have been a victim of short men and their insecurities :woot:

MLK.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:

Its tiring and childish.

Zee do you understand the short man complex because you are dimunitive in stature or because you have been a victim of short men and their insecurities :woot:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:

Its tiring and childish.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:

Its tiring and childish.

In Germany .......they call it the Napoleon complex. :mrgreen: :bump:
The portugese pygmy proves this German theory ........right :bump: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

It's not a slur if it's true. Is it true that Conte admitted to collusion and match fixing?
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

furiously frank wrote:It's not a slur if it's true. Is it true that Conte admitted to collusion and match fixing?

Dude you no be lawyer? He was exonerated nah haba :mrgreen:

“I think when there are these types of comments, before making them you have to know very well the truth,” Conte said. “The truth is that I was banned for four months... for failure to report. Then I asked a real trial by court and then they declared my innocence.
FF, I don add addendum to my initial statement .... Conte is innocent :D
Last edited by anikulapo on Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“I think before you make this type of comment, before to hurt another person, you must pay great attention. You show you are a little man. A little man.
Zee my guy looks like Conte don hear you :woot:

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
furiously frank wrote:It's not a slur if it's true. Is it true that Conte admitted to collusion and match fixing?

Dude you no be lawyer? He was exonerated nah haba :mrgreen:
was he, or was he not banned for four months match fixing? :D
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"When the target is to offend, to insult, I think that you are a little man"

"It's not a surprise for me"

"This is his way"

Antonio Conte speaks honestly and openly about Jose Mourinho

:woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :veryangry:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“You don't know very well the situation. But I know him very well in the past. In the past he was a little man in many circumstances, is a little man in the present and for sure he will be a little man in the future. You know him very well. The level is low.”

Jesu :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: looks like Lil Josie might have bitten off a lil more than he can chew in Antonio ...Italian man no dey back down sha :thumb: :thumb: Love It :mrgreen: :clap: :clap:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Conte added:

“The situation is very clear. I don't have anything to clarify. It will be the opportunity in the game against United when we go to Old Trafford. Me and him face to face. I'm ready. I don't know if he's ready.”
I no talk am ....I won't be surprised if Conte doesn't smack the shyt out of Josie when he sees him :mrgreen:

MLK.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote: was he, or was he not banned for four months match fixing? :D
He wasn't. The charge was not reporting match fixing and he was later cleared.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
danfo driver wrote: was he, or was he not banned for four months match fixing? :D
He wasn't. The charge was not reporting match fixing and he was later cleared.
He was! He was charged and banned for 4 months. This is a fact!

Whether or not he was able to bribe a judge to remove the ban, :taunt: should not concern us, as friends of football. Fact is that he was banned! Abi, how you see am? :D