Barca is the best team in Europe, by far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Barca is the best team in Europe, by far

Post by YUJAM »

They look very composed on both sides of the ball. That said I dunno how they'll react when a team like City punches them in the nose first? :-)
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

danfo driver wrote:
charlie wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
charlie wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
charlie wrote: S.N
Teams
Money Spent
1 MANCHESTER CITY £221.5M
2 PSG £214.2M
3 MILAN £178.4M
4 CHELSEA £155.4M
5 EVERTON £149.1M
6 MANCHESTER UNITED £145.8M
7 FC BARCELONA £143.6M
8 JUVENTUS £136.7M
9 BAYERN MUNICH £94.9M
10 AS MONACO £91.8M
By the way, quick question, why are you hell bent on falsifying the amount of money Barca spent last season? :shock:

Marlon Santos €5M
Gerard Deulofeu €12M
Nélson Semedo €30M
Paulinho €40M
Ousmane Dembélé €145M

That is €232M, converted to British Pounds, its £205.67M
Interesting you conveniently cut out the link to the source of the transfer spending info:
http://sokkaa.com/2017/09/02/top-20-hig ... is-summer/

I think I will trust a public source that has factual info rather than your calculations.
What is Sokaaa? :lol: :lol: :lol: You think Sokaa knows more about football than me because they have an ugly website and I dont? :lol: :lol:

I am willing to go step by step to help you. lets do it this way. These are the players barcelona purchased in the summer. Please, provide the amount these players cost:

Marlon Santos
Gerard Deulofeu
Nélson Semedo
Paulinho
Ousmane Dembélé
Yeah you are right that the Sokka number is lower than expected, but there is a reason.
The reason is that the Dembele signing only came on the books in Jan 2nd 2018 (probably for accounting or tax reasons).
https://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/socce ... to-return/

Also, the Dembele signing is for 105M Euros with an extra 40M Euros due to be paid to Dortmund in August 2018.
This is why Sokka was probably right in their total spending amount at 145M for Barca.

Makes me wonder what other transfer costs for other big teams have been obsfucated using accounting tricks.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Please, provide the numbers of each transfer, lets calculate it. And Dembele cost Barca 145 million! Anyone who follows football knows that transfers are usually not paid all at once.

Please, lets allow honesty reign here. List the amount for each transfer and lets calculate it.

You have insulted my honor by believing a backyard sokaaaaaaaa ahead of me. :tic: let me advise you. When it comes to football, and you want to argue with me, always assume that I know quite a lot. do your research!!! :tic: :taunt: :taunt:

Anyway, I believe my point is clear. I simply wanted to prove that you were wrong when you claimed MANY CLUBS spent more than Barca. That was false.
A honorable Danfo driver :D definition of an oxymoron.
Look, you are waisting my time with your pointless arguments, purposefully trying to divert attention.
Even if Barca have spent more than any team in europe to be where they are today (which they havent)
Doesnt change my point that they are the best team in Europe right now in my opinion.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

YUJAM wrote:They look very composed on both sides of the ball. That said I dunno how they'll react when a team like City punches them in the nose first? :-)

Yujam, Shitty punches who in the noise? Barca? Dude, have you moved back to Cal? Barca will destroy Shitty if they come our way in Champions League. I feel sorry for Pep already!
Last edited by Undertaker on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

YUJAM wrote:They look very composed on both sides of the ball. That said I dunno how they'll react when a team like City punches them in the nose first? :-)
Yujam, the whole of europe is mouth watering with a City v Barca matchup in the champions league. I hope we see it.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:
A honorable Danfo driver :D definition of an oxymoron.
Look, you are waisting my time with your pointless arguments, purposefully trying to divert attention.
Even if Barca have spent more than any team in europe to be where they are today (which they havent)
Doesnt change my point that they are the best team in Europe right now in my opinion.

You keep shaking your waist :lol: thinking you can bamboozle us.

You claimed MANY TEAMS have spent more than Barca.

THE FACT IS, this season, Barcelona has spent more money than any club in the whole world .. by a distance of 100 million pounds! FACT!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

charlie wrote:
Yujam, the whole of europe is mouth watering with a City v Barca matchup in the champions league. I hope we see it.
By God's grace, we will see it in the next round. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Undertaker wrote:

Yujam, Shitty punches who in the noise? Barca? Dude, have you moved back to Cal? Barca will destroy Shitty if they come our way in Champions League. I feel sorry for Pep already!
Ha ha. It should be interesting
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

We'll see. They got beat with ease last year by Juventus. It was just so easy... People mistake flashiness with being the best.