Spastic, how far with your boy John "Beckenbauer" Stones?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spastic, how far with your boy John "Beckenbauer" Stones

Post by Mr. Piffington »

ohsee wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Coutinho is actually injured.
true...so how Pool go do am?
Press and isolate Mangala (sorry ohsee).

Deploy Lallana to mark Fernandinho

Transition quickly and especially get the ball to Mane and Salah on the flanks.

Don't get players sent off. :D
If you think pep is going to play Mangala in a game verses Liverpool then you really don't know anything about football. I don't understand ohsee's fascination with Mangala but the truth is that as good as he may be he just doesn't fit the system.
:D
Chief, you are right about one thing: on Sunday, Pep will go with Stones and Otamendi, or Stones and Kompany if he is available. No number of mistakes Stones makes will change that. Stones is Pep's boy, but he made so many terrible mistakes last season that he should have been shipped out ages ago. I remember how, many years ago at AC Milan, the Dutch international Winston Bogarde made one bad backpass that led to a goal, and Fabio Capello shipped him out almost the next day. Old School coaches like Capello would never have tolerated the sort of mistakes Stones made last season.

We embrace players for mainly irrational reasons, and Pep shows that such behavior is not restricted to fans like me. :D But let me make one prediction for Sunday: if for some reason--injury or whatever--Mangala plays, he will be solid, as he has been in virtually all games he has played this season, whether he "fits the system" or not. :thumbs:
Pep is not an old school coach, he's a purist and he has a ideal way of playing and he wants a kind of player. Mangala is a good defender but isn't a Pep kind of player, he's not comfortable on the ball and Stones is.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

If you think pep is going to play Mangala in a game verses Liverpool then you really don't know anything about football. I don't understand ohsee's fascination with Mangala but the truth is that as good as he may be he just doesn't fit the system.
Oloye's scouting report says that Mangala is world class. Oga Oloye no be so????

Wetin be the name of that 'world class' Portuguese player that Ferguson signed for Man U without even watching him play? Bebe????
I thought he was Angolan? What about the WC Cameroon player, named twice, that Ferguson signed? Don't even remind me of the world class defender from Estonia abi na Lithuania that Wenger signed, who was so poor that the Man U strikers began to pity him?
'Ojemba-Ojemba' (or suntin like dat).
I thought he was South African.
South Africans no dey bear Ojemba...must be a place close to Naija :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: sodiafor Cameroon is logical, no be so?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I thought he was Angolan? What about the WC Cameroon player, named twice, that Ferguson signed? Don't even remind me of the world class defender from Estonia abi na Lithuania that Wenger signed, who was so poor that the Man U strikers began to pity him?
'Ojemba-Ojemba' (or suntin like dat).
I thought he was South African.
:rotf:
Make Doc Sabi catch you. :D Eric Djemba-Djemba, from Plantania.
Your are right. Dr. Sab Ojemba has also said that he has relations in Plantania, so it all makes sense.

Anyway, CEs, make una no fear. Despite sounding fearsome, Ojemba has the benign meaning of "Traveler".
AFCON 2019 sweet o

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

nemi2002 wrote:English press blaming mangala for the stones penalty
Actually, it was Mangala’s error that led to the dangerous situation where Stones had to concede the pen. If Mangala didn’t lose the ball, the pen would not have happened. That said, Stones’ challenge was rash, esp in the box.

There was also a howler (miskick) from Stones against Burnley.

But Stones has improved a lot since last season – even if the mistakes seem to have crept in since he came back from a few months’ injury layoff.

The thing is that Pep will forgive Stones his errors b/c he can play from the back and contributes offensively as an extra man in midfield. This means that with Stones in the side, City will create more goals either from Stones himself or from his contributions in overwhelming the opposition in midfield.

I remember one El Clasico where Barca goalie Valdez lost the ball while trying to play from the back and Benzema scored. Pep said it didn’t matter and that Valdez must continue playing like that b/c it was critical for Barca’s possession game.
http://www.naijiant.com/
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

cic old boy wrote:
Actually, it was Mangala’s error that led to the dangerous situation where Stones had to concede the pen. If Mangala didn’t lose the ball, the pen would not have happened. That said, Stones’ challenge was rash, esp in the box.

But Stones has improved a lot since last season – even if the mistakes seem to have crept in since he came back from a few months’ injury layoff.

The thing is that Pep will forgive Stones his errors b/c he can play from the back and contributes offensively as an extra man in midfield. This means that with Stones in the side, City will create more goals either from Stones himself or from his contributions in overwhelming the opposition in midfield.

I remember one El Clasico where Barca goalie Valdez lost the ball while trying to play from the back and Benzema scored. Pep said it didn’t matter and that Valdez must continue playing like that b/c it was critical for Barca’s possession game.
If roles were reversed, nobody would be mentioning Stones. If Mangala plays against Klopp, he will do well.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

cic old boy wrote:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote:

Like you said, Pep encourages his defenders to play out from the back and does not worry when they lose the ball to the opposition with a bad pass. Mangala made that pass probably because he has been encouraged to work on his passing out of defence--normally he is very conservative in dangerous situations. The person who actually makes the most mistakes with passing out of defence is Otamendi, but the rest of the back four and or Fernandinho save his blushes. None of this is mentioned by the media.

As I said in another thread, Mangala is under a death watch. The minute he makes the slightest error, the English media will be on his back, while all manner of excuses will be made for Stones. Yes, that was a bad pass, but it should not have resulted in a penalty if Stones did not make a stupid rash tackle.

My position remains: Mangala is not a great passer of the ball; Stones is not a defender. :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

I am shaking with anticipation for Sunday. While I want City to win the league, I don't want it to be such a no-contest. I actually want Liverpool to beat them, so they will not be invincible like you-know-who, my real team, the team of my childhood.

Unfortunately, I see Liverpool opening nyash, van Dyke or no van Dyke. But this will be a cracker of a game. I can't wait.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote:I am shaking with anticipation for Sunday. While I want City to win the league, I don't want it to be such a no-contest. I actually want Liverpool to beat them, so they will not be invincible like you-know-who, my real team, the team of my childhood.

Unfortunately, I see Liverpool opening nyash, van Dyke or no van Dyke. But this will be a cracker of a game. I can't wait.
I think it'll be a draw or Liverpool win by a one-goal margin...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

:D :taunt:
Chief, don't sorry me. :D If Mangala plays, the mistakes won't come from him. As spastic rightly pointed out (thinking it a slur on my boy), Mangala makes safe and conservative passes. Pep encourages the others to make more adventurous passes, and you will note that Otamendi and Stones pass the ball to opponents (far too) often, something that the media has said Pep does not mind. A team that wants to beat City will have to take advantage of such bad passes out of the back, and punish City for them.

Not sure why you want Lallana to mark Fernandinho, the designated DM on City. De genius DeBruyne is the main midfield man on City. Stop him and you stop City.
But Chief.. pressing Mangala (if he plays) would probably force him into errors as his distribution accuracy isn't as good as the other defenders - he was poor when Liverpool defeated City at the Emptyhad a couple of seasons ago and even contributed an own goal. And I say this as someone who likes Mangala and knows he's been unfairly treated by the know-nothing pundits.

Otamendi (if he plays) could be a weak link - Salah had some joy against him before Mane's sending off changed the complexion of the game...

And rather than trying to stop KdB or Silva or Sterling or Sane nko nko... they should try to stop the man who gives the ball to them and controls their tempo.... Fernandinho.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

cic old boy wrote:

Shhhhhhjjj! Don't tell them. Pa Ohsee will remind us that Mangala doesn't commit errors :taunt:
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

It's strange reading folks who don't watch City much run analysis on them. Jumping from one errronous assumption to the next. Quite stunning really.

Anyway for those who like facts and not feelings, here are some for you.

The highest pass completion rate in the Premier League At 96%
John' Stones, King of the North

The fifth highest at 92%
Nicolas Superman Otamendi

And slapped in between them at #3
Fabian Delph at 93%

This is why John Stones and Nicolas Superman Otamendi start and Mangala doesn't. Coz they are miles better than Mangala and anyone else in the league at passing out of pressure.

I'm happy CIC is here to do some explaining. Pa Ohsee, you are the closet City fan, why is CIC having to explain these things to you?

I can understand when Arsenal fans like Oloye, and Kajifu keep viewing City thru Arsenal lenses, or Chelsea fans like PaJ or Airwolex just talk crap for the sake of it... I won't even dignify the Reds from the suburbs like Tfco a d woman-brassiere... But etu? :(

I mean, now I'm down to just CIC and Piffingtion on here...

Come on Pa, I need you to do quick and get on board. You are a bit like Bernardo Silva. I know you have it in you, but this wait is getting a bit long.

In short, Mangala is not it :idea: Nice guy, poor footballer :oops:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

spastic wrote:It's strange reading folks who don't watch City much run analysis on them. Jumping from one errronous assumption to the next. Quite stunning really.

The fifth highest at 92%

Fabian Delph at 93%

This is why John Stones and Nicolas Superman Otamendi start and Mangala doesn't. Coz they are miles better than Mangala and anyone else in the league at passing out of pressure.

I'm happy CIC is here to do some explaining. Pa Ohsee, you are the closest City fan, why is CIC having to explain these things to you?

I can understand when Arsenal fans like Oloye, and Kajifu keep viewing City thru Arsenal lenses, or Chelsea fans like PaJ or Airwolex just talk crap for the sake of it... I won't even dignify the Reds from the suburbs like Tfco a d woman-brassiere... But etu? :(

Come on Pa, I need you to do quick and get on board. You are a bit like Bernardo Silva. I know you have it in you, but this wait is getting a bit long.

kai, this spastic's mouth is worse than OBJ's own. I thought the guy for don mellow, but for whia? see as he take style put Dean Oloye together with shaking Kajifu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
spastic wrote:It's strange reading folks who don't watch City much run analysis on them. Jumping from one errronous assumption to the next. Quite stunning really.

The fifth highest at 92%

Fabian Delph at 93%

I'm happy CIC is here to do some explaining. Pa Ohsee, you are the closest City fan, why is CIC having to explain these things to you?

kai, this spastic's mouth is worse than OBJ's own. I thought the guy for don mellow, but for whia? see as he take style put Dean Oloye together with shaking Kajifu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He no get mouth when City were getting bent over by the likes of Everton and Leicester last season. Instead of writing thesis he picked race. :D :lol:

Btw, I hope he now realises that City is not a truly big club in the way that Man United and Liverpool are - Pep and Mourinho already don talk am. I had to school this guy last season when he was making noise about City being one of the big English clubs. :D
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

The YeyeMan wrote:
ohsee wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

Chief, don't sorry me. :D If Mangala plays, the mistakes won't come from him. As spastic rightly pointed out (thinking it a slur on my boy), Mangala makes safe and conservative passes. Pep encourages the others to make more adventurous passes, and you will note that Otamendi and Stones pass the ball to opponents (far too) often, something that the media has said Pep does not mind. A team that wants to beat City will have to take advantage of such bad passes out of the back, and punish City for them.

Not sure why you want Lallana to mark Fernandinho, the designated DM on City. De genius DeBruyne is the main midfield man on City. Stop him and you stop City.
But Chief.. pressing Mangala (if he plays) would probably force him into errors as his distribution accuracy isn't as good as the other defenders - he was poor when Liverpool defeated City at the Emptyhad a couple of seasons ago and even contributed an own goal. And I say this as someone who likes Mangala and knows he's been unfairly treated by the know-nothing pundits.

Otamendi (if he plays) could be a weak link - Salah had some joy against him before Mane's sending off changed the complexion of the game...

And rather than trying to stop KdB or Silva or Sterling or Sane nko nko... they should try to stop the man who gives the ball to them and controls their tempo.... Fernandinho.
Mangala will not play.if both Stones and Otamendi got injured, I'm sure Pep would rather go with Dihno and Danilo over Mangala.

Mangala can barely handle non-pressing teams. He'd be lunch meat for the hyenas at Liverpool.

I mean, didn't you guys see what Bristol did? Oh wait... You didn't watch :? Okay, let me explain. They held in the middle and only pressed hard when Mangala got the ball.

If Bristol City spotted that in 2 seconds. What do you think Liverpool will do if he played?

I mean, even you ate already praying for him to play and deducing Liverpool will press him.

Now you really think the "cheque book" manager doesn't know that :?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

spastic wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
ohsee wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
paj wrote:

Mangala will not play.if both Stones and Otamendi got injured, I'm sure Pep would rather go with Dihno and Danilo over Mangala.

Mangala can barely handle non-pressing teams. He'd be lunch meat for the hyenas at Liverpool.

I mean, didn't you guys see what Bristol did? Oh wait... You didn't watch :? Okay, let me explain. They held in the middle and only pressed hard when Mangala got the ball.

If Bristol City spotted that in 2 seconds. What do you think Liverpool will do if he played?

I mean, even you ate already praying for him to play and deducing Liverpool will press him.

Now you really think the "cheque book" manager doesn't know that :?
Nna... keywords: if he plays. Stop worrying. It's only football. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

The YeyeMan wrote:

He no get mouth when City were getting bent over by the likes of Everton and Leicester last season. Instead of writing thesis he picked race. :D :lol:

Btw, I hope he now realises that City is not a truly big club in the way that Man United and Liverpool are - Pep and Mourinho already don talk am. I had to school this guy last season when he was making noise about City being one of the big English clubs. :D
Haba,

I talk am for beginning of last season now. I said wait till the aging crew with expiring contracts leave and he gets his own players. Then we can judge. All that nonsense talk of "you can't do that in the Premier League" don almost finish now.

Abi no be so? Sebi nah because him dey one team league for Spain and Germany abi? Lol.

Last season, the Journos and all the English league "we are the bestest league" couldn't help themselves. Nah so so "Pep, this is the toughest league you've been in, right?" "And what have you learned about how tough it is to play in this league?"

Anyway, make we siddon dey look. :D
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

The YeyeMan wrote: Nna... keywords: if he plays. Stop worrying. It's only football. :D
Pali, if you be Coach, you go play Mangala?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

spastic wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Haba,

I talk am for beginning of last season now. I said wait till the aging crew with expiring contracts leave and he gets his own players. Then we can judge. All that nonsense talk of "you can't do that in the Premier League" don almost finish now.

Abi no be so? Sebi nah because him dey one team league for Spain and Germany abi? Lol.

Last season, the Journos and all the English league "we are the bestest league" couldn't help themselves. Nah so so "Pep, this is the toughest league you've been in, right?" "And what have you learned about how tough it is to play in this league?"

Admittedly, City have had an incredible first half of the season. I'd like them to win the league - especially since some of the roforofo clubs have begun to target their players. The CL is the real challenge....
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

spastic wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote: Nna... keywords: if he plays. Stop worrying. It's only football. :D
Not against Firmino, Salah etc.

But coaches often surprise me with their thinking and selections...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: kai, this spastic's mouth is worse than OBJ's own. I thought the guy for don mellow, but for whia? see as he take style put Dean Oloye together with shaking Kajifu :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chief O,
Sometimes I no dey sure if Pa Ohsee na real closet fan or some sabotuer. This infatuation with Mangala get as e be :D

Anyway, Chief how bodi?

And on a business note. Una for release Sanchez to us before Sunday game. This nah for una interest O :idea:

Give us Sanchez now, and if we take am beat Liverpool, your chances of top 4 go improve... Seriously, you guys should be paying City to take Sanchez and help you beat your rivals for top 4.

Wher Waffi dey sef? Make una tell am make him explain the logic to the 'Senile one'... Oh sorry that's Mourihno... I meant the Whiner in Chief :D

Anyway my regards to the Arsenal family. We'll do you proud with our deployment of Sanchez. Bit you have to act fast. Time is of the essence :mad: :agree: :idea: :idea:
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

The YeyeMan wrote:
spastic wrote:
Not against Firmino, Salah etc.

But coaches often surprise me with their thinking and selections...
Barrta rash of injuries, I can assure you no surprises are in stall
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

The YeyeMan wrote:
spastic wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Haba,

Admittedly, City have had an incredible first half of the season. I'd like them to win the league - especially since some of the roforofo clubs have begun to target their players. The CL is the real challenge....
I think we are an in form striker short of the CL... Mbappe would have been a Coup. But it didn't happen :(