Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:18 am 

https://www.onceametro.com/2018/1/23/16 ... ls-gee-lec

A Nigerian player signed for an American club side in the USL, and then featured for a Norwegian club. Americans are going to refer it to FIFA becuase they say he's under contract to the American club.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:33 am 

So na Owngoal.com dem dey cite so as credible source? Just asking. Over to CE.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:51 am 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Lou The Blue wrote:
https://www.onceametro.com/2018/1/23/16923958/agent-cries-foul-at-proposed-jerome-philip-transfer-to-lillestrom-new-york-red-bulls-mls-gee-lec

A Nigerian player signed for an American club side in the USL, and then featured for a Norwegian club. Americans are going to refer it to FIFA becuase they say he's under contract to the American club.

Welcome back Lou.

You going to Russia to root for the Eagles?

To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:12 pm 

Seems like he had a contract for a month-long trial not a contract to play for NYRB. He was unable to obtain a visa to attend the trial and so he didn't have a trial.

If he had failed the trials I'm sure he'd be free to sign elsewhere... his agents can argue that not showing up for a trial is somewhat equivalent to failing a trial.

awamaridi ni!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 pm 

niyi wrote:
Seems like he had a contract for a month-long trial not a contract to play for NYRB. He was unable to obtain a visa to attend the trial and so he didn't have a trial.

If he had failed the trials I'm sure he'd be free to sign elsewhere... his agents can argue that not showing up for a trial is somewhat equivalent to failing a trial.

... and I believe such argument by his agent(s) if presented makes a lot of sense. People don't get job offers when they don't show-up for interview.

Lawyers in the Site, please what are your opinions and what does the law say?

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.