Alex Iwobi is caught on video

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Alex Iwobi is caught on video

Post by 1naija »

Waffiman wrote:A few things on the Iwobi story in The Sun and Mail.

1) The wording in the Sun is outrageous. ‘Drug fuelled rave’ It was a friend's birthday house party.

2) If Iwobi was a white English national team player, I doubt the wording would suggest he takes drugs.

3) Notice how deceitful they are. “2:54am Saturday” is actually a Friday night out. They have worded it so it sounds like he was out Saturday night before the game that was on a Sunday.

4) I have mentioned many times here how Alex turning down England has not gone down well. Many wish he fails for this. The Sun has an agenda and it is to get Wenger too.

5) I know the club will look into the incident and how long he spent at his friend's birthday party will be crucial. If he stayed within club rules he will be fine. Note, the club rule says 48 hours before a game. I know he was at his friend's 36 hours before the game. He has not done anything wrong.

6) Rumours are, the club knew of this incident and they dropped him from the starting line up in the day of the game. This is how these bast**d's can destroy you. They take a chance away from you and at a club like Arsenal, you may not get another.

7) It is no coincidence that Wenger started taking shots at Refs and the media and now Arsenal are front page news. You do the maths.

Thank you brother for setting the record straight. This will not go down well with many here who have already crucified him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

A young 21-year old man went to a friend’s house and was having some fun two days before he had to go to work. Shock horror! Much ado about nothing. :roll:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

5) I know the club will look into the incident and how long he spent at his friend's birthday party will be crucial. If he stayed within club rules he will be fine. Note, the club rule says 48 hours before a game. I know he was at his friend's 36 hours before the game. He has not done anything wrong.

6) Rumours are, the club knew of this incident and they dropped him from the starting line up in the day of the game. This is how these bast**d's can destroy you. They take a chance away from you and at a club like Arsenal, you may not get another.
5. Wenger has confirmed he will fine Iwobi.

6. I doubt Arsenal knew about the incident. They played him and they'll fine him. Forget rumours.

I wholeheartedly agree with many of your other points.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

charlie wrote:Typical public lynching. The media has found their scapegoat.

That said, Iwobi is young and a bit of a dunce. He should know that as an African, he is easy pickings for a bigoted media (arent the Sun & Daily Mail the Brexit bullhorns?). He has to know that he has to maintain a low profile off the field in order to be successful on the field.
I hope he learns from this and focuses on his profession.

The best way to respond to these kinds of attacks is on the green grass, where thankfully its impossible to attack your credentials if you deliver.
charlie,

Those words sound like you write for The Sun. That is assassination of someone right there, IMO. Has Alex's side of the story been told or we are relying on a sensational tabloid like The Sun to tell us the story?
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

nothing do you Alex Iwobi

ya all should send over a million shout out of encouragements to Iwobi

no weapon fashioned against this special talent from GOD shall prosper
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Enugu II wrote:
charlie wrote:Typical public lynching. The media has found their scapegoat.

That said, Iwobi is young and a bit of a dunce. He should know that as an African, he is easy pickings for a bigoted media (arent the Sun & Daily Mail the Brexit bullhorns?). He has to know that he has to maintain a low profile off the field in order to be successful on the field.
I hope he learns from this and focuses on his profession.

The best way to respond to these kinds of attacks is on the green grass, where thankfully its impossible to attack your credentials if you deliver.
charlie,

Those words sound like you write for The Sun. That is assasination of someone write there, IMO. Has Alex's side of the story been told or we are relying on a sensational tabloid like The Sun to tell us the story?
Nice try, but abeg go and pick a fight somewhere else. I aint biting.

To say a 22 year old male is acting like a dunce is as factual as any statement.
God knows I was at his age. The difference is that nobody knew who I was so I could get away with my shananigans.

All I am saying is that as a celebrity and a sports professional, Alex needs to know that he has a bullseye on his back and should no better than to act his age in certain places, especially with people that would sell him out (like they obviously did).

If you call that character assasination, that one na your wahala.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He is 22....who didn't make bad judgements at that age. He will be absolutely fine.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

1naija wrote:

1) The wording in the Sun is outrageous. ‘Drug fuelled rave’ It was a friend's birthday house party.

2) If Iwobi was a white English national team player, I doubt the wording would suggest he takes drugs.

3) Notice how deceitful they are. “2:54am Saturday” is actually a Friday night out. They have worded it so it sounds like he was out Saturday night before the game that was on a Sunday.

4) I have mentioned many times here how Alex turning down England has not gone down well. Many wish he fails for this. The Sun has an agenda and it is to get Wenger too.

7) It is no coincidence that Wenger started taking shots at Refs and the media and now Arsenal are front page news. You do the maths.

Thank you brother for setting the record straight. This will not go down well with many here who have already crucified him.
...abeg forget people here 'crucifying him' go blame una Sun tabloid picking on the kid, they have batter knowledge of events than us here.
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I think what needs to be looked at this as why this isn't a good look is that he is seen partying prior to a poor performance for Arsenal and after a string of bad performances, so regardless of who he is and where he comes from, this will be looked at negatively and rightly so. We can look at this as Nigerian fans and think that the media and such are beating up on Iwobi and we would be right, but the media is the media and they will embellish controversy on stories. He made a mistake but the situation is blown further than it should be.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:

My bro, what many don't understand here is how wicked these people are. I have now been at close proximity to 2 people that the Sun wrecked their lives in this country.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5297238/f ... ssion=true

My bro, you wake up in the morning and you get a phone call your son in in the front page of the Sun (The UK equivalent of the National Enquirer in America) and in a video at a wild drug fuel party.

Just read the Sun's and it is filled with such lies and bile. These people know what the potential impact of their lies can cause, not just to Iwobi but to those present in the pictures and video.

Notice how they have stopped and taken stills of Iwobi to try and support the lies they are trying to portray in their filth. Notice how unpleasant these pics are of Iwobi. Apart from the fact that they mess a lot of peoples heads up by falsely suggesting he was at 'a WILD DRUG-FUELLED house party hours before the game. The use the headline "RAVE-UP FOR CUP". iN eNGLAND, WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE TERM 'Rave' stands for. The whole thing and the impression they portray is lies, just damn wicked lies. They have concocted their bile and wickedness from a video taken by someone at the party that somehow got to the press.

Apart from the fact that this cost Alex, just let's remove him from this so you understand where I am coming from and why my anger is so raw. Those are our children in those pictures and video. I use the phrase 'our children' because they could easily be your and my children. I have know some of them since they were babies, I know their families, I know their mum and dads. I know how decent, upstanding people with too much values and integrity they are. Those children are not ferrel Black children who are into drugs. Yes! The odd one or two smokes, but the invention from a video of young Black boys dancing and enjoying themselves being made out as some wild drug-fuelled party is so wicked because of the implication and damage it can do to those young Black boys. We all know that in this racist society, our children only get on chance and if they blow it they are put on the scrap heap and they will a lot of luck to achieve their potential.

I had a Christmas party in my house, boys of similar ages were present, they were doing exactly what you see in that video when they played, Davido, Stomzy, Whizkid etc. etc. I assure you, it was no WILD DRUG-FUELLED house party.It is how these buys do it, it is their way, it is their thing. We had ours when we were young, nobody judged us and labelled us something we are not for enjoying ourselves.

Those young boys in that video and pics have jobs and are at school, imagine what they had to deal with when they got to work. I know what some of them went through. Imagine one or two, who just got good career shaping jobs but are on 6 months probation, and they get called in to explain themselves because of a false story in the Sun. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: I am very angry because there is nothing I can do for the damage this act of wickedness has caused.

These people destroy lives and they know it. They even tell you not to F**k with them or they will sort you out. Just have a look at what they have done to Sodje and his family. Do you know that not a story they have printed about the Sodje family has been proven? Indeed, it has been proven, that the allegations of match fixing are actually false. But Sodje who was carving out a promising career path as a Coach lost his job and his career is still in tatters as he fights to clear his and his family's name. His brothers have been destroyed. Why? Because they stood up for themselves, they printed more and more lies about them.

Alex is lucky, he has got Wenger and he defended Alex stoutly at the press conference, even chastising 2 journalists for suggesting drug and Alex. I love that man.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I hope some on CE understand what newspapers like The Sun represent and not just run with their stories as if they do sacrosanct report. This is a newspaper known for blatant falsehood, racism, and the like. Really ridiculous. Iwobi violated a rule but the violation was no where as heinous as The Sun reported and certainly not at the level for him to already be quickly labeled as 'dunce' by some CE members.
WENGER CONFIRMS IWOBI WILL BE FINED, HITS OUT AT THE SUN’S REPORTING
http://news.arseblog.com/2018/01/wenger ... reporting/
By arseblog - January 9, 201874
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alex Iwobi will be fined for being out late less than 48 hours before a game, calling the 22 year old’s behaviour ‘unacceptable’.

However, the manager took at the pop at The Sun for the way the story was reported, in which they tried to infer that the Arsenal player was involved in drug taking.

None of us should be surprised that the world’s scummiest newspaper decided that Iwobi being at a party should be considered front page news, calling it a ‘drug party’ ensured the scandal/outrage-ometer hit maximum, but while Wenger was rightly critical of his player, he also hit out at the way the story was reported.

“If that is true he will be fined,” said the Frenchman. “It is impossible to go out 48 hours before the game, and it’s unacceptable.

“I will, of course, have to see him to see if that is right or not.”

Later, the manager was asked if he was disappointed in Iwobi being out ‘the night before the game’, to which he interrupted, “It was not the night before the game, it was 48 hours before the game.

“The night before we were in a hotel, but it’s not acceptable and I will have to speak to him about that.

“First of all you have to be cautious with all the news always coming out. When you read what is reported it is like he has taken drugs.

“He is not involved in that at all, he has been out at a birthday party. How long has he stayed? That is very important, after I will decide what happens.

Wenger insisted Iwobi was not drinking or taking drugs, saying, “If your neighbour takes drugs, what can you do about it? You are responsible for your own behaviour, not for that of your neighbour.”

There was no hiding the fact that Iwobi has fallen short of the standards expected, but it would be worth remembering the source of this story, what an absolute lying scumbag rag it is, and that Iwobi is still a young man.

He’s made a mistake, albeit a relatively innocent one when you think of the history of our club and some of the behaviour of our players down the years, and hopefully this will teach him a real lesson.

But when it comes to one of our players vs The Sun, there’s only one side any of us should be on, regardless of what you think of him or his form.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Waffiman wrote:
1naija wrote:

My bro, what many don't understand here is how wicked these people are. I have now been at close proximity to 2 people that the Sun wrecked their lives in this country.

My bro, you wake up in the morning and you get a phone call your son in in the front page of the Sun (The UK equivalent of the National Enquirer in America) and in a video at a wild drug fuel party.

Just read the Sun's and it is filled with such lies and bile. These people know what the potential impact of their lies can cause, not just to Iwobi but to those present in the pictures and video.

Notice how they have stopped and taken stills of Iwobi to try and support the lies they are trying to portray in their filth. Notice how unpleasant these pics are of Iwobi. Apart from the fact that they mess a lot of peoples heads up by falsely suggesting he was at 'a WILD DRUG-FUELLED house party hours before the game. The use the headline "RAVE-UP FOR CUP". iN eNGLAND, WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE TERM 'Rave' stands for. The whole thing and the impression they portray is lies, just damn wicked lies. They have concocted their bile and wickedness from a video taken by someone at the party that somehow got to the press.

Apart from the fact that this cost Alex, just let's remove him from this so you understand where I am coming from and why my anger is so raw. Those are our children in those pictures and video. I use the phrase 'our children' because they could easily be your and my children. I have know some of them since they were babies, I know their families, I know their mum and dads. I know how decent, upstanding people with too much values and integrity they are. Those children are not ferrel Black children who are into drugs. Yes! The odd one or two smokes, but the invention from a video of young Black boys dancing and enjoying themselves being made out as some wild drug-fuelled party is so wicked because of the implication and damage it can do to those young Black boys. We all know that in this racist society, our children only get on chance and if they blow it they are put on the scrap heap and they will a lot of luck to achieve their potential.

I had a Christmas party in my house, boys of similar ages were present, they were doing exactly what you see in that video when they played, Davido, Stomzy, Whizkid etc. etc. I assure you, it was no WILD DRUG-FUELLED house party.It is how these buys do it, it is their way, it is their thing. We had ours when we were young, nobody judged us and labelled us something we are not for enjoying ourselves.

Those young boys in that video and pics have jobs and are at school, imagine what they had to deal with when they got to work. I know what some of them went through. Imagine one or two, who just got good career shaping jobs but are on 6 months probation, and they get called in to explain themselves because of a false story in the Sun. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: I am very angry because there is nothing I can do for the damage this act of wickedness has caused.

These people destroy lives and they know it. They even tell you not to F**k with them or they will sort you out. Just have a look at what they have done to Sodje and his family. Do you know that not a story they have printed about the Sodje family has been proven? Indeed, it has been proven, that the allegations of match fixing are actually false. But Sodje who was carving out a promising career path as a Coach lost his job and his career is still in tatters as he fights to clear his and his family's name. His brothers have been destroyed. Why? Because they stood up for themselves, they printed more and more lies about them.

Alex is lucky, he has got Wenger and he defended Alex stoutly at the press conference, even chastising 2 journalists for suggesting drug and Alex. I love that man.
You are absolutely correct. Iwobi should not have been at the party but the impression that he was practically hungover when he lined up against Forest is very malicious. and they then had to insinuate that it was a 'drug filled rave'. He will be punished and he will learn but let us not pretend that the Sun don't have an agenda. Again as I said earlier, he should watch the company he keeps - someone at that party took that video of him and sold it to the Sun - a decent kid would not do that.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:

5. Wenger has confirmed he will fine Iwobi.

6. I doubt Arsenal knew about the incident. They played him and they'll fine him. Forget rumours.

I wholeheartedly agree with many of your other points.
Arsenal knew about the incident.

My bro, let's leave this thing where it is. Rumour has it Alex had a chance to play the role he desires in that game as a starter. He was dropped the morning of the game according to these rumours.

At Arsenal, most of the time Alex plays to a set role in a team structure. In the SE, he is given the freedom to play. At Arsenal when Ozil and Sanchez are absent in the team, Alex is given the freedom to play, like the SE, he is not shackled to carry out specific orders, he loves it and often plays well and shines for Arsenal in this role. Go back and watch a few Arsenal games when he has been given the responsibility as the free attacking pivot. But, you have to understand young players must be taught many roles in a team and the role Alex craves is not often given, it is earned.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

People enjoy watching train wrecks and the red tops, in their bid to make money, will print any form of garbage to feed the craving. Ruining lives is just sport and a load of fun for them. Be it politicians, sports men they couldn't careless. The bigger the profile, the more juice they add to the story... ****dy low lifes
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

aruako1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
1naija wrote:

You are absolutely correct. Iwobi should not have been at the party but the impression that he was practically hungover when he lined up against Forest is very malicious. and they then had to insinuate that it was a 'drug filled rave'. He will be punished and he will learn but let us not pretend that the Sun don't have an agenda. Again as I said earlier, he should watch the company he keeps - someone at that party took that video of him and sold it to the Sun - a decent kid would not do that.
On the video. I believe, it is the neighbours who called the Sun newspaper. There is a suspicion one of their crowd snuck in to take the video.

So far, there is nothing to suggest it is one of his friends at the party. He keeps the company of those he grew up with. He has not changed at all. These kids are well loved and brought up kids.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Waffiman wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
1naija wrote:

On the video. I believe, it is the neighbours who called the Sun newspaper. There is a suspicion one of their crowd snuck in to take the video.

So far, there is nothing to suggest it is one of his friends at the party. He keeps the company of those he grew up with. He has not changed at all. These kids are well loved and brought up kids.
:ohmy: Thank God for Arsene Wenger! They will not ruin this boy IJN! JJ needs to speak up for him too!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Let's not get too emotional here. The Sun has one mission - to sell their paper. EPL stars are the new aristocracy and their every move is stuff that is used to sell papers.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cic old boy wrote:Let's not get too emotional here. The Sun has one mission - to sell their paper. EPL stars are the new aristocracy and their every move is stuff that is used to sell papers.
KPOM.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Pathetic...Alex Iwobi, you will succeed by the grace of God.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Alex is a strong man. It is not easy to walk away from England with the type of pressure they put on you. His strength shows that he will bounce back from this.

He has to now know that they have a knife pointed at him, and he has to use that as motivation!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If Arsenal had battered Forest 3-0 no one would care where Alex was 26-48 hours before the game.
TheHitman47 wrote:I think what needs to be looked at this as why this isn't a good look is that he is seen partying prior to a poor performance for Arsenal and after a string of bad performances, so regardless of who he is and where he comes from, this will be looked at negatively and rightly so. We can look at this as Nigerian fans and think that the media and such are beating up on Iwobi and we would be right, but the media is the media and they will embellish controversy on stories. He made a mistake but the situation is blown further than it should be.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

cic old boy wrote:Let's not get too emotional here. The Sun has one mission - to sell their paper. EPL stars are the new aristocracy and their every move is stuff that is used to sell papers.

And this is the Sun newspaper that has an history of hacking into peoples voicemail and also tricking people into making drug deals for stories and now claiming he was at a drug fuelled party with no sign or evidence of drugs shown
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

First Akpom and now Iwobi.........................Let's go Gunners :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley