Ndidi named among world’s top 100 footballers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Ndidi named among world’s top 100 footballers

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

He and Maguire are the only two Leicester players on the list: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport ... 031198.amp
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ndidi named among world’s top 100 footballers

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

NEWS
IN YOUR AREA
WHAT'S ON
LEICESTER CITY FC
TIGERS
BUSINESS
MR LEICESTER
SPORT
SPORT
Two Leicester City stars named in top 100 most valuable footballers - but they're not who you might think

CIES Football Observatory has ranked the top 100 players in term of transfer value and a pair of Foxes make it on the list
BY DANIEL SMITH
10:31, 9 JAN 2018

The top 100 most valuable players in Europe have been revealed - and two Leicester City players have made it on the list.

CIES Football Observatory has ranked players from the continent's top five leagues - the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga, Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1 - in terms of transfer value.

Among them are two Foxes stars, but you probably wouldn't have guessed who they are.

Both Wildred Ndidi and Harry Maguire have forced themselves on the list among the likes of Neymar, Messi and Harry Kane.

The values are calculated according to the performance of both the player and club, international status, contract, age and position.

Read More
Fousseni Diabate hails "dream" €2m move to Leicester City
According to CIES, midfielder Ndidi is now worth a cool €77.4m - compared to the £18m Leicester spent to being him over from Genk a year ago - and is the 51st most valuable player in Europe.

This puts him ahead of the likes of Real Madrid's Toni Kroos, Monaco's in-demand forward Thomas Lemar and Liverpool winger Sadio Mané.

Wilfred Ndidi challenges Joe Lolley (Photo by Clive Mason/Getty Images)
Wilfred Ndidi challenges Joe Lolley
Centre-half Maguire - who signed for Leicester last summer in a deal which could rise to £17m - is rated as the 96th most valuable player worth €50.8m and is just ahead Liverpool's new signing Virgil van Dijk and Juventus midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini.

Read More
Man City linked with £50m move for Harry Maguire - should fans be worried?
Top of the list is Neymar, with a value of €213m, ahead of Messi (€202.2m), Harry Kane (€194.7), PSG's Kylian Mbappe (€192.5m) and Juventus forward Paulo Dybala (€174.6).

Harry Maguire in action in the Carabao Cup quarter-final against Manchester City
Harry Maguire in action
Other Premier League stars featured include Dele Ali (sixth, €171.3m), Kevin de Bryne (seventh, €167,8m), Romelu Lukaku (eighth, €164.8m) and Paul Pogba (tenth, €147.5m).

Former Leicester City midfielder N'Golo Kanté is in 40th spot (worth €87.4m).

Follow @Leicester_Merc
VIEW FULL MOBILE PAGE

MORE ON
Leicester City FCHarry Maguire
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

According to CIES, midfielder Ndidi is now worth a cool €77.4m - compared to the £18m Leicester spent to being him over from Genk a year ago - and is the 51st most valuable player in Europe.
My boy!!!! Kai!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

By far our man of the moment. I am betting on him hitting world class by the time of Russia 2018
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

maceo4 wrote:
My boy!!!! Kai!
If he was white his value would have double.He is worth more than 77.4million.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ali worth more than de Brune? Based on what?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cito wrote:Ali worth more than de Brune? Based on what?
British Pali vs Belgian Pali.
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cito wrote:Ali worth more than de Brune? Based on what?

Probably, mostly age difference. 26 vs. 21
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:By far our man of the moment. I am betting on him hitting world class by the time of Russia 2018
You think he will move to a bigger club next season?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:By far our man of the moment. I am betting on him hitting world class by the time of Russia 2018

Let us hope he has a great World Cup and that Real Madrid come knocking after that.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:

Let us hope he has a great World Cup and that Real Madrid come knocking after that.
I think Liverpool will be his best bet if he wants to develop as top player. Na small small.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:

I think Liverpool will be his best bet if he wants to develop as top player. Na small small.

Liverpol are buying Keita though. Remember they also have Henderson and Lallana, so they are unlikely to want another central midfielder.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Keita is no joke. How a player, who in my opinion is the best CM in Europe save for 3-4 players, doesn't even make the best 100 player list is beyond reason.

Elite player. At 75 mln its a steal for Liverpool, especially given Countinho went for twice that.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Sir V wrote:

Liverpol are buying Keita though. Remember they also have Henderson and Lallana, so they are unlikely to want another central midfielder.
Neither Keita nor Lallana play in the same position as Ndidi. Henderson, a bit, although I'd assume Ndidi will be the replacement for Emre Can, who is moving to Juventus.

That said, Ndidi will have suitors of a calibre, much higher than Liverpool
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

There is no player in Europe quite like Naby Keita.

As for Ndidi: Liverpool likes his Africans and has success working with them. I would actually love Iheanacho to work for Klopp. He could work perfectly as Firmino's understudy.

But I'm sure Ndidi will move to a top club for serious cash by this summer.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

marutimon wrote:There is no player in Europe quite like Naby Keita.

As for Ndidi: Liverpool likes his Africans and has success working with them. I would actually love Iheanacho to work for Klopp. He could work perfectly as Firmino's understudy.

But I'm sure Ndidi will move to a top club for serious cash by this summer.
Honestly think the best top clubs for African attacking players are Arsenal and Liverpool. Klopp and Wenger give you time to grow, and don't seem to have these racial hang ups that others seem to sometimes.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Monaco, Porto, Borussia, Juventus are also decent near top destinations.

Definitely steer clear of serial African-hater Pep Guardiola.