Argentine GK: Don't Judge me by Nigeria match.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Argentine GK: Don't Judge me by Nigeria match.....

Post by Enugu II »

DON’T JUDGE ME BY THE NIGERIAN MATCH, ARGENTINE KEEPER PLEADS WITH LOCAL MEDIA
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/201 ... cal-media/
2 HOURS AGO
Twitter Facebook Google + Linkedin Comments
BY BOLAJI OKUNOLA.

The Argentine goalkeeper on the day the Super Eagles pummelled the two time World Cup holders by 4-2 last November, Agustín Marchesín is anxious to put the nightmare behind him. He told the Argentine publication, Olé that he would not liked to be judged by the performance on the day his team lost a 2-0 advantage to lose 2-4.

He remarked that the result was least expected even with the absence of the team’s live wire, Lionel Messi and the introduction of several substitutes as starters.

The goalkeeper who plies his trade in the Mexican league had been singled out for criticism. He equally remarked that he felt very bad and angry leaving the pitch on the day.

According to information www.sportsvillagesquare.com gathered from the lengthy interview he granted Olé, he felt persecuted by the local fans especially since he features in the Mexican league which does not attract the same television coverage like those of Europe.

He said he had waited for the opportunity to feature for Argentina and felt very bad about the outcome.

He disclosed that he had not been able to talk with Jorge Sampaoli, the Argentine manager since the November match. “I do not know how he thinks”, said the goalkeeper who dreams of other opportunities.

He therefore looks forward to May 14 to be named in the preliminary list of 30 players for the World Cup and later on June 4, when the 32 World Cup finalists are expected to name their final 23.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Argentine GK: Don't Judge me by Nigeria match.....

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Apart from maybe that freekick, I do not see how he can be blamed for any of the goals. He might have been able to tip Iheanacho's freekick wide but none of the second half goals were his fault!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

According to some, it was only a friendly and the Argentine players did not take it seriously :lol:

Wha choo looking at?!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Blaming the goalkeeper for any of our goals is atrocious.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:According to some, it was only a friendly and the Argentine players did not take it seriously :lol:
You could see it on his face and the way he pounded his fist into the ground on some of those goals, this guy knew he was blowing probably his only chance lol.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Obong wrote:Blaming the goalkeeper for any of our goals is atrocious.
Obong, but they are just like SE fans. If Akpeyi could be blamed for Argentina's second goal as was the case here, it is then possible that the Argentine keeper could be blamed for several SE goals.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Argentina take this friendly serious as the keeper might not make the final 23 man to Russia because of 4 goals allow.
E do Argentina like film trick.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Apart from maybe that freekick, I do not see how he can be blamed for any of the goals. He might have been able to tip Iheanacho's freekick wide but none of the second half goals were his fault!
Unless by chance (luck), I don't see how any keeper would have saved any of the goals
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:
DON’T JUDGE ME BY THE NIGERIAN MATCH, ARGENTINE KEEPER PLEADS WITH LOCAL MEDIA
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/201 ... cal-media/
2 HOURS AGO
Twitter Facebook Google + Linkedin Comments
BY BOLAJI OKUNOLA.

The Argentine goalkeeper on the day the Super Eagles pummelled the two time World Cup holders by 4-2 last November, Agustín Marchesín is anxious to put the nightmare behind him. He told the Argentine publication, Olé that he would not liked to be judged by the performance on the day his team lost a 2-0 advantage to lose 2-4.

He remarked that the result was least expected even with the absence of the team’s live wire, Lionel Messi and the introduction of several substitutes as starters.

The goalkeeper who plies his trade in the Mexican league had been singled out for criticism. He equally remarked that he felt very bad and angry leaving the pitch on the day.

According to information http://www.sportsvillagesquare.com gathered from the lengthy interview he granted Olé, he felt persecuted by the local fans especially since he features in the Mexican league which does not attract the same television coverage like those of Europe.

He said he had waited for the opportunity to feature for Argentina and felt very bad about the outcome.

He disclosed that he had not been able to talk with Jorge Sampaoli, the Argentine manager since the November match. “I do not know how he thinks”, said the goalkeeper who dreams of other opportunities.

He therefore looks forward to May 14 to be named in the preliminary list of 30 players for the World Cup and later on June 4, when the 32 World Cup finalists are expected to name their final 23.
From the title of the article, I knew he was asking not to be dropped from the WC list :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but who wouldn't? I will too
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Blaming the goal keeper for any of those goals is to deny Nigeria credit for having created and taken clear cut chances.

Anyway, talk is talk. We shall meet on the green grass.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Isn’t the Roberto the Man U bench goalie their no 1 Goldie? He wouldn’t have saved any of the goals either :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Odas wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Apart from maybe that freekick, I do not see how he can be blamed for any of the goals. He might have been able to tip Iheanacho's freekick wide but none of the second half goals were his fault!
Unless by chance (luck), I don't see how any keeper would have saved any of the goals
The very best keepers...courtois, de gea etc., could have. But that's elite level keeping...we can't blame a keeper for not being elite. Mascherano's howler (Iwobi's last goal) was worse than any 'mistake' their keeper made. If an experienced defender with nothing but daylight between him and his keeper allows himself to be so taken, then what are we blaming the keeper for?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet