Sad! Oruma Suffers Relapse Of E‎motional Disorder

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sad! Oruma Suffers Relapse Of E‎motional Disorder

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Hope he get the help to get back on track.
So why are people not going after this pastor and recovered the money or part of it?
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

Odas wrote:Thus, what does the NFF do for our heroes such as Oruma in situations like this? Can the NFF not help?
Na NFF send am go do wayo business? Some of you sef!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bouncer wrote:
Odas wrote:Thus, what does the NFF do for our heroes such as Oruma in situations like this? Can the NFF not help?
Take it easy on the guy, apparently NFF is supposed to manage his finances for him. :winking:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:

Is there something in this picture that is supposed to show that he doesn't have mental illness?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Is there something in this picture that is supposed to show that he doesn't have mental illness?
...he looked clean. In Nigerian parlance, a mentally disturbed person suppose to look dirty and ragged, with dada-like hair, sitting in gutter, on the road side panhandling.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

john12 wrote:The moral of his story is for all of us to never joke with your prayer life even if you’re wealthy, healthy doing well etc. I’m saying this because a man situation can just change in a blink of an eye if one doesn’t empower himself with prayers all the time. Also, no matter how wealthy and rich one is we should never worship money. Chai! I Dey say this easily but 1.2 billion naira no be joke 0
Empower himself with prayer? How does that work? I mean, perhaps, the pastor ‘empowered’ himself with Oruma’s money
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

mcal wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

...he looked clean. In Nigerian parlance, a mentally disturbed person suppose to look dirty and ragged, with dada-like hair, sitting in gutter, on the road side panhandling.
Some people sha. :rotf: :rotf:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

On the basis of various sources, he's gone bonkers and not any old bonkers, Jim Carey in 23 bonkers. Too few prepare properly for life outside of the game. T'is not merely a matter of investment, it's the lifestyle and change in culture. The regimental life lived is all many know. The diets, the travelling, the highs, the lows, the brotherhood, the team. T'is not merely a matter of money but seemingly, all of those investments petering away, rendered irrelevant due to poor planning. No doubt retirement took its toll and then like the true Hyena that it is, Nigeria seized upon the weakness.

A proper agent ensures their client invests both financially and mentally in their future when the boots are kicked off for the last time. Where were his advisors?

Indeed, well wishes are extended to Oruma, but Nigeria is no place for such affliction. Rashid Yekini, case in point.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

A few years ago, I was looking to buy some beach front lands around lagos free trade zone when the agent proudly showed me about 4 beach front plots he claimed are owned by Oruma.

I just pray say the bobo at least get some non cash investments.

Dem been dupe Papilo, but him survive nah.

Cmoke

john12 wrote:His situation cannot be summed as just “mental illness” for goodness sake, he was duped for 1.2 billion naira. I believe that the money was his life savings so it’s understandable. Anyway, I hope his ex-teammate can resuscitate his life by donating money to him. Get well soon
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bouncer wrote:
... wayo business? Can you please tell us more about it? You seem to know what many of us does not. Thus, Oruma went for a "wayo business" and get duped? Please clarify!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote:
Bouncer wrote:
Take it easy on the guy, apparently NFF is supposed to manage his finances for him. :winking:
First, I have told you to: PLEASE MOVE-ON! It seems you don't know what "move-on" means. To clarify, I DO NOT want to know you exist, is that clear? :curse: :curse:

Second; because you seem to lack common sense of reasoning, providing help to one of our heroes can be in several ways. Some has said he is having mental issue(s). We, the people who has common sense of reasoning understands a person who has mental issue(s) (assuming such is true) cannot help himself. Such an individual (he/she) needs external help and that is where the NFF comes into play; at least :roll: :roll:

Men, why am I wasting my time with a fool like you? :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

mcal wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

A mentally disturbed person is a level of mental illness. It is ignorance that encourages the negative attitudes.

A mentally ill person could be you or your boss or even spouse at various points in life. If managed properly, there is no reason why the person should degenerate into a disturbed person.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Who fleeced him of his money? Why is the police not involved?
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko