Puel confirms Nacho stay

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Re: Puel confirms Nacho stay

Post by doctorollie »

Listen to yourself again and rewrite! You can only beat the teams in front of you! That is exactly what the boys have done! You keep reminding us how weak Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia are! Didn't they beat Argentina just recently or that is a weak team too?

Be objective for once Ayo and stop this constant attempt at dragging the achievement of the boys in the mud!

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
doctorollie wrote:Ayo,

Can I ask that you stop denigrating SE's efforts and disparaging the achievement of a WC ticket please? If you are not happy we qualified in our difficult group, you should go find yourself another country to support! Your constant attempt to belittle the achievement of the Super Eagles especially after they qualified from a group of death is very annoying now! Haba!

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Iheanacho just has to work hard on his defects. All those blaming Leicester for his poor form are just being dishonest!
But he is playing well for Nigeria.

Scored against Zambia, Cameroon and Argentina.

I think the problem is more with Leicester FC. Nacho man may not fit their system.

I keep telling my people that they are being misled by games against:

[1] Algerians megastars who think they are bigger than their country and not wiling to give all. They got three coaches sacked during the course of the qualifiers for heavens' sake

[2] Part-time sumo wrestlers/part-time plantain farmers

[3] A hurriedly assembled team of copper mining youths giving orange jerseys

That is no yardstick by which to measure your players. Our World Cup group is about three classes above this. It is kind of like our military defeating a rag-tag army and then thinking they are a crack unit.

I put it to you that Iceland, Peru, Ireland, Ecuador, Wales, Turkey, Norway, Chile, etc would have finished top of our World Cup qualification undefeated too.

Go chop some raw plantain abeg. If you think beating plantain farmers is such a big do, go and open a plantation there.

Is this not the team that was the shipping boy at the Confederations Cup? Did this same Croatia not beat them 4-0? What difficult group are you talking about?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

doctorollie wrote:Listen to yourself again and rewrite! You can only beat the teams in front of you! That is exactly what the boys have done! You keep reminding us how weak Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia are! Didn't they beat Argentina just recently or that is a weak team too?

Be objective for once Ayo and stop this constant attempt at dragging the achievement of the boys in the mud!

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Can I ask that you stop denigrating SE's efforts and disparaging the achievement of a WC ticket please? If you are not happy we qualified in our difficult group, you should go find yourself another country to support! Your constant attempt to belittle the achievement of the Super Eagles especially after they qualified from a group of death is very annoying now! Haba!

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Iheanacho just has to work hard on his defects. All those blaming Leicester for his poor form are just being dishonest!

I think the problem is more with Leicester FC. Nacho man may not fit their system.

[1] Algerians megastars who think they are bigger than their country and not wiling to give all. They got three coaches sacked during the course of the qualifiers for heavens' sake

That is no yardstick by which to measure your players. Our World Cup group is about three classes above this. It is kind of like our military defeating a rag-tag army and then thinking they are a crack unit.

I put it to you that Iceland, Peru, Ireland, Ecuador, Wales, Turkey, Norway, Chile, etc would have finished top of our World Cup qualification undefeated too.

Go chop some raw plantain abeg. If you think beating plantain farmers is such a big do, go and open a plantation there.

Is this not the team that was the shipping boy at the Confederations Cup? Did this same Croatia not beat them 4-0? What difficult group are you talking about?
[1] Unlike you who gets carried away with small victories, I keep my feet on the ground. I have set my sights a lot higher than you, so will not be excited about winning a friendly or beating sub-standard teams.

[2] We are nowhere near the teams of 94 or 98 yet, so all this premature adulation is just infantile and misguided.

[3] We are still about three players short of a great starting 11 and then there is still a lot to do no chemistry and team work.

[4] Anyone who saw the way Argentina ran riot against us in the first half, the way our centrebacks got done for pace and how we did not mount an attack until the 42nd minute would be gravely concerned. Argentina's shortcomings and the fact that they conceded four goals do not negate any of these realities!

[5] I was taught in school never to rest until my good is better and my better is best. You, however, appear to be content with what we have. Fair enough, we all have different standards, so it is not fair to force one's view on another.

[6] During World War Two, Japan was still fighting with planes, aircraft carriers, battleships and weapons with which it attacked Pearl Harbour in 1941 in 1945. It is thus no surprise that the Americans sank every single one of their aircraft carriers, Destroyers and Frigates as the yanks virtually went back to the drawing board and manufactured weapons twice as powerful, with the Atom Bomb being the ultimate.

[7] Like you, the Japanese thought: "We successfully attacked Pearl Harbour, so we have arrived." It is that kind of settling for mediocrity that is responsible for the African continent being where it is today

[8] Can you ever imagine a German or Brazilian team accepting that it has "arrived" and its squad is good enough?

[9] Beating teams like Cameroon, Zambia, Algeria and Swaziland would be routine for the likes of Germany, Brazil, France, Italy, Argentina, England, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Uruguay, etc. Most of them would even accomplish it with their second teams

[10] I know what I want from my Eagles and we are nowhere near there yet!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Chalk and cheese my friend! I am telling you not to demean and sully the hard fought ticket the SE won! No one is advocating for the team not to be improved! Why am I even engaging Ayo? If it doesn't involve the golden handshake, it means nothing to you! Surprised you haven't pushed Kelechi Nwakali's agenda today!

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
doctorollie wrote:Listen to yourself again and rewrite! You can only beat the teams in front of you! That is exactly what the boys have done! You keep reminding us how weak Cameroon, Algeria and Zambia are! Didn't they beat Argentina just recently or that is a weak team too?

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

[1] Unlike you who gets carried away with small victories, I keep my feet on the ground. I have set my sights a lot higher than you, so will not be excited about winning a friendly or beating sub-standard teams.

[2] We are nowhere near the teams of 94 or 98 yet, so all this premature adulation is just infantile and misguided.

[3] We are still about three players short of a great starting 11 and then there is still a lot to do no chemistry and team work.

[4] Anyone who saw the way Argentina ran riot against us in the first half, the way our centrebacks got done for pace and how we did not mount an attack until the 42nd minute would be gravely concerned. Argentina's shortcomings and the fact that they conceded four goals do not negate any of these realities!

[5] I was taught in school never to rest until my good is better and my better is best. You, however, appear to be content with what we have. Fair enough, we all have different standards, so it is not fair to force one's view on another.

[6] During World War Two, Japan was still fighting with planes, aircraft carriers, battleships and weapons with which it attacked Pearl Harbour in 1941 in 1945. It is thus no surprise that the Americans sank every single one of their aircraft carriers, Destroyers and Frigates as the yanks virtually went back to the drawing board and manufactured weapons twice as powerful, with the Atom Bomb being the ultimate.

[7] Like you, the Japanese thought: "We successfully attacked Pearl Harbour, so we have arrived." It is that kind of settling for mediocrity that is responsible for the African continent being where it is today

[8] Can you ever imagine a German or Brazilian team accepting that it has "arrived" and its squad is good enough?

[9] Beating teams like Cameroon, Zambia, Algeria and Swaziland would be routine for the likes of Germany, Brazil, France, Italy, Argentina, England, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Uruguay, etc. Most of them would even accomplish it with their second teams

[10] I know what I want from my Eagles and we are nowhere near there yet!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

ROTFL. Ayo is becoming such a joke.