Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15841
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Ukraine has been named as the country that Nigeria will play after the Poland friendly in March. Breaking.

Quote:
World Cup 2018: NFF to Confirm Ukraine Friendly
By Brila - January 12, 20180
http://www.brila.net/world-cup-2018-nff-confirm-ukraine-friendly/

Nigeria will play Ukraine on March 27 in a pre-World Cup International friendly according to reports.

Ukraine did not qualify for the World Cup in neighboring Russia.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have already confirmed friendlies against Poland on March 23 in Warsaw and recently against England on June 2 at Wembley.

The FA’s technical committee – inaugurated on Thursday in Abuja – discussed the Ukraine clash per SCORENigeria.

It was disclosed that the FFU requested for the friendly and the NFF have since accepted this request.

Meanwhile, it is believed the NFF are still hoping to secure another friendly window on May 27 in Abuja.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 12445
Location: South London
A two match tour of Eastern Europe!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4633
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
the Ukraine game could be played in London!!

One more date and opponent to confirm for May (the one to be played in Nigeria)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 14580
Now we’re taking! Get us out of England, nothing good ever comes out for us there.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 14580
walesvilla wrote:
the Ukraine game could be played in London!!

One more date and opponent to confirm for May (the one to be played in Nigeria)


We should play Ghana or Uganda so they can say that they at least played a wc team.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53671
Location: United Kingdom
I expect our schedule to look something like this


March 23 - Poland (Wroclaw)
March 27 - Ukraine (London)

May 20 - Serbia (London)
May 27 - Ghana (Uyo)

June 2 - England (London)
June 9 - Peru (Ekaterinburg)
June 16 - World Cup starts with game against Croatia

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4633
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I expect our schedule to look something like this


March 23 - Poland (Wroclaw)
March 27 - Ukraine (London)

May 20 - Serbia (London)
May 27 - Ghana (Uyo)

June 2 - England (London)
June 9 - Peru (Ekaterinburg)
June 16 - World Cup starts with game against Croatia


too many games - please take off Sebia (if we are playing Ukraine) and Peru.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53671
Location: United Kingdom
Super Eagles to play another World Cup warm-up friendly against Ukraine on March 27 - See more at: https://goo.gl/uf2X91

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53671
Location: United Kingdom
walesvilla wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I expect our schedule to look something like this


March 23 - Poland (Wroclaw)
March 27 - Ukraine (London)

May 20 - Serbia (London)
May 27 - Ghana (Uyo)

June 2 - England (London)
June 9 - Peru (Ekaterinburg)
June 16 - World Cup starts with game against Croatia


too many games - please take off Sebia (if we are playing Ukraine) and Peru.


I do not see how the Serbian game can ever be taken off. Rohr will want at least one game in Europe before the team heads to Nigeria for the send-off match in Uyo or Abuja. That wil be the match to welcome the players to camp.

Also, it is inevitable that the team will also play one game in Russia once it arrives to acclimatise. Everyone does it as the weekend before the tournament starts is packed with pre-World Cup friendlies. Do you remember us beating North Korea 3-1 in a similar match?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 18725
Location: Ukwuani
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
the Ukraine game could be played in London!!

One more date and opponent to confirm for May (the one to be played in Nigeria)

We should play Ghana or Uganda so they can say that they at least played a wc team.

TFCO, Rawlings and Kabelega - where are you people? Did you people hear that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 4844
Enugu II wrote:
Ukraine has been named as the country that Nigeria will play after the Poland friendly in March. Breaking.

Quote:
World Cup 2018: NFF to Confirm Ukraine Friendly
By Brila - January 12, 20180
http://www.brila.net/world-cup-2018-nff-confirm-ukraine-friendly/

Nigeria will play Ukraine on March 27 in a pre-World Cup International friendly according to reports.

Ukraine did not qualify for the World Cup in neighboring Russia.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have already confirmed friendlies against Poland on March 23 in Warsaw and recently against England on June 2 at Wembley.

The FA’s technical committee – inaugurated on Thursday in Abuja – discussed the Ukraine clash per SCORENigeria.

It was disclosed that the FFU requested for the friendly and the NFF have since accepted this request.

Meanwhile, it is believed the NFF are still hoping to secure another friendly window on May 27 in Abuja.


It's not been announced on any of the NFF's official channels, so remains to be seen. However, it will be a good addition to the fixture list. Rohr is getting the grade A games he wants, now he need to start working on building a team that will do us proud. :thumb:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 40653
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Now we’re taking! Get us out of England, nothing good ever comes out for us there.



Are you guys suggesting we use Ghana to thank our fans for their support during the qualifiers? This is akin to the OU sooners scheduling an NCAA Div 3 school for Homecoming day football game. Or the Harlem Globetrotters playing the Washington Generals. Are Ghana now the Washington Generals of African soccer?

TWCGSO ...translantion : This World Cup Go Sweet Oooooo! Right, tfco?

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:10 am
Posts: 2652
Location: Toronto
Poland and Ukraine should be easy wins for SE if we know what we are doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53671
Location: United Kingdom
Robotnik wrote:
Poland and Ukraine should be easy wins for SE if we know what we are doing.


Why?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4633
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Robotnik wrote:
Poland and Ukraine should be easy wins for SE if we know what we are doing.


Why?



the games will be experiential trying different formations so anything can happen - be prepared for weird scoreline. the November friendly lineup formation and result was a clue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 7897
Robotnik wrote:
Poland and Ukraine should be easy wins for SE if we know what we are doing.


Poland and Ukraine are very strong teams. That said, our concern shouldnt be the win, or how easy it may or may not be.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 12445
Location: South London
walesvilla wrote:
the Ukraine game could be played in London!!

One more date and opponent to confirm for May (the one to be played in Nigeria)

But wait I don’t know about your knowledge of geography but if Nigeria are playing Poland a few days before why should they fly 1,460.274 miles (mileage accurate according to distance app) to London when the Ukraine are Poland’s Eastern neighbours?

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 37200
Location: Eagles' Nest
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I expect our schedule to look something like this


March 23 - Poland (Wroclaw)
March 27 - Ukraine (London)

May 20 - Serbia (London)
May 27 - Ghana (Uyo)

June 2 - England (London)
June 9 - Peru (Ekaterinburg)
June 16 - World Cup starts with game against Croatia

God willing I will be at the Croatia game in Russia.

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 7897
Eaglezbeak wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
the Ukraine game could be played in London!!

One more date and opponent to confirm for May (the one to be played in Nigeria)

But wait I don’t know about your knowledge of geography but if Nigeria are playing Poland a few days before why should they fly 1,460.274 miles (mileage accurate according to distance app) to London when the Ukraine are Poland’s Eastern neighbours?


So that Wale, Ayo Akinfe and their friends can enjoy an afternoon out watching a football game. :D

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53671
Location: United Kingdom
Eaglezbeak wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
the Ukraine game could be played in London!!

One more date and opponent to confirm for May (the one to be played in Nigeria)

But wait I don’t know about your knowledge of geography but if Nigeria are playing Poland a few days before why should they fly 1,460.274 miles (mileage accurate according to distance app) to London when the Ukraine are Poland’s Eastern neighbours?



A venue has not yet been agreed for the Ukraine match. Let us see what they come up with.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4633
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
the Ukraine game could be played in London!!

One more date and opponent to confirm for May (the one to be played in Nigeria)

But wait I don’t know about your knowledge of geography but if Nigeria are playing Poland a few days before why should they fly 1,460.274 miles (mileage accurate according to distance app) to London when the Ukraine are Poland’s Eastern neighbours?



A venue has not yet been agreed for the Ukraine match. Let us see what they come up with.



so its Serbia in london March 27 , Congo(not Ghana) in Abuja May28 and Czech (not Peru) in Austria June6.
well done nff - also signed another sponsorship deal worth $4m with cocacola


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 15841
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
walesvilla wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
the Ukraine game could be played in London!!

One more date and opponent to confirm for May (the one to be played in Nigeria)

But wait I don’t know about your knowledge of geography but if Nigeria are playing Poland a few days before why should they fly 1,460.274 miles (mileage accurate according to distance app) to London when the Ukraine are Poland’s Eastern neighbours?



A venue has not yet been agreed for the Ukraine match. Let us see what they come up with.



so its Serbia in london March 27 , Congo(not Ghana) in Abuja May28 and Czech (not Peru) in Austria June6.
well done nff - also signed another sponsorship deal worth $4m with cocacola


:thumb: :thumb:

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1225
6 friendlies before World Cup for a team that heavily relies on its top players like Moses, Mikel, ndidi is risky. Any injuries to our top guys from burn out and it’s wahala


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ambazonia, Google [Bot], ohsee, Waffiman and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group