March 27: Nigeria v Ukraine. [UPDATED: SE v Serbia].....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: March 27: Nigeria v Ukraine......

Post by walesvilla »

john12 wrote:6 friendlies before World Cup for a team that heavily relies on its top players like Moses, Mikel, ndidi is risky. Any injuries to our top guys from burn out and it’s wahala
i know its risky but other teams playing similar - and its 5 not 6 , 2 played in march, 3 in June
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

walesvilla wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
walesvilla wrote:the Ukraine game could be played in London!!

One more date and opponent to confirm for May (the one to be played in Nigeria)
But wait I don’t know about your knowledge of geography but if Nigeria are playing Poland a few days before why should they fly 1,460.274 miles (mileage accurate according to distance app) to London when the Ukraine are Poland’s Eastern neighbours?

A venue has not yet been agreed for the Ukraine match. Let us see what they come up with.

so its Serbia in london March 27 , Congo(not Ghana) in Abuja May28 and Czech (not Peru) in Austria June6.
well done nff - also signed another sponsorship deal worth $4m with cocacola

Good work by Pinnick. I am pleased that he is not just accepting any offers. Clearly, it appears that they have dropped some games because the finances were not right.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

john12 wrote:6 friendlies before World Cup for a team that heavily relies on its top players like Moses, Mikel, ndidi is risky. Any injuries to our top guys from burn out and it’s wahala
Not all the players you listed have to feature in each friendly.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges