What's SE Roster Depth at the moment?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
What's SE Roster Depth at the moment?

Post by Enugu II »

The first is to qualitatively grade the team's unit in terms of individual players and the unit as a whole. Then go beyond assessing quality to assess experience playing for the team. I strongly believe that these types of assessments help in evaluating how good the team is and its prospects in Russia.
Table 1 quantifies experience in terms of both number of appearances and minutes played. In this case, experience is focused on national team match play, which is critical because appropriate experience is playing with national team mates.
Click on link below for additional analysis:

http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2018/01/w ... erias.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: What's SE Roster Depth at the moment?

Post by marutimon »

Wonder what is happening to Kayode. Is he injured? Not even on the bench today when Girona massacred Las Palmas.

Interesting to note that Michael Olunga from Kenya entered the field after half-time and absolutely stole the show. Will be undroppable because that was a truly mesmerizing performance which massively improved his club standing and recognisability.

That means however even more issues for Kayode.

Three goals and an assist in 45 minutes. Always happy to see a fellow African succeed.

Shades of Didier Drogba from Michael Olunga. His first touch, his power, his grace despite his size, his air prowess... Drogba I say.
How I wish he were ours...

[/video]