Nigeria 2 South Africa 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria 2 South Africa 0

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 2 South Africa 0

Post by Its a Goal »

Nothing new here :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Its a Goal wrote:Nothing new here :D.
Nothing, indeed. Ended 2-0.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Good goals too. Rasheedat Ajibade,the first goal scorer, and scorer in virtually all our matches so far, is our next superstar.I recall she was our top player at u-17 level.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Well done girls. :thumb:
Looks like the talent coming through is a continuous flow.
Someone here said the women will be the first to win a senior WC.
I think I agree with him.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

The scoreline suggests Nigeria were playing away :roll:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Okay, I got to tell una something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didnt read the thread and just watched the video thinking this was CHAN. And I kept saying, "this game looks poor.. and why is that number 17 running like he has big yansh!" :rotf: :rotf:

Thank God its female! Whew! :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:Okay, I got to tell una something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didnt read the thread and just watched the video thinking this was CHAN. And I kept saying, "this game looks poor.. and why is that number 17 running like he has big yansh!" :rotf: :rotf:

I saw that too, and even though I knew it was women's footie, I still felt her yansh was way too big for a top-level female footballer.
Weytin? :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

DIMKA76 wrote:The scoreline suggests Nigeria were playing away :roll:
We were...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Irrelevant result.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

danfo driver wrote:Okay, I got to tell una something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you thought it was boys playing and you were checking out their yansh? Very gay. Have you come out of the closet yet?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Mzekezeke wrote:Irrelevant result.
U sound pissed :taunt:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

paj wrote:
It's a Mickey mouse game it's not worth any emotion. I am surprised some here are gloating over an irrelevant result.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Mzekezeke wrote:
paj wrote:
It's a Mickey mouse game it's not worth any emotion. I am surprised some here are gloating over an irrelevant result.

Gloating? I don't see any gloating here. Perhaps you are taking it too hard.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Those two goals scored were bad goals to give up by the goalkeeper.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Exactly bros! Not sure why FIFA has not decreed an automatic WWC spot for Nigeria, rather than bothering with these irrelevant qualifiers when everyone knows what the outcome would be.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

mystic wrote:
Mzekezeke wrote:
paj wrote:

There is a lot of excitement over an irrelevant result. I am just surprised thats all.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Those two goals scored were bad goals to give up by the goalkeeper.
No, they were not...

The first goal is a cross/shot that ends up in the net and has beaten many great GKs (think Seaman UEFA Cup final and WC 2002), while she push the second away from her goal (which is exactly what a GK is supposed to do) only to suffer the ill-luck of being beaten by a quick-thinking on rushing forward. Tough luck but hardly poor goal-keeping.
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Mzekezeke wrote:
mystic wrote:
Mzekezeke wrote:
paj wrote:

There is a lot of excitement over an irrelevant result. I am just surprised thats all.

Qeustion: Would the result still be irrelevant if your girls had won?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mystic wrote:Qeustion: Would the result still be irrelevant if your girls had won?
How would he know when his girls have never won anything?!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

mystic wrote:
Mzekezeke wrote:
mystic wrote:
Mzekezeke wrote:
paj wrote:

Qeustion: Would the result still be irrelevant if your girls had won?

So it was girls playing and there is a ticker tape parade on CE? These are desperate times indeed.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Mzekezeke wrote:So it was girls playing and there is a ticker tape parade on CE? These are desperate times indeed.
So pissed and sexist? :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Gotti wrote:
Mzekezeke wrote:So it was girls playing and there is a ticker tape parade on CE? These are desperate times indeed.
So pissed and sexist? :D
Not at all I am just surprised and sad how the mighty have fallen.
I remember back in the day when CE's would proclaim that Okocha was better than Zidane+Maradona +Ronaldo combined. Some CE's even claimed they loved Okocha more than their own Parents. Results like this would never have been celebrated like this back in the day. These are just unusual times we are living in.