Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 24138
Location: london
Sack zidane and who will replace him? There are not many high profile coaxhes in world football these days, Guardiola? Thats the only name i can think of and i dont think a catalonian man will want to go down that route

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6879
Mr. Piffington wrote:
charlie wrote:
Their problem is their midfield has seriously underperformed this year and has left their defense completely exposed time and time again. They should have refreshed their team this year but spent nothing and are paying the price.

I expect them to go on a spending spree in July after the world cup.


Ronaldo is on the decline and they've been so reliant on him for years now so it's no surprise why they are stinking up the joint.


Yes indeed CRon has been carrying Madrid especially in big games in the later stages of each season scoring big goals, but now he has failed to get going and Madrid are stuck and don't know what to do now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 24138
Location: london
Ronaldo has issues with his contract and it is a distraction, he has to be seen as the highest paid player in the world above Messi, real madrid president is not bowing to ronaldo demands, what club can play ronaldo 500,000 pounds a week after tax, only PSG, probably united but then again, he has to be the main man in the club which will cause friction in the club

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6879
marko wrote:
Ronaldo has issues with his contract and it is a distraction, he has to be seen as the highest paid player in the world above Messi, real madrid president is not bowing to ronaldo demands, what club can play ronaldo 500,000 pounds a week after tax, only PSG, probably united but then again, he has to be the main man in the club which will cause friction in the club


I think we can forget CR7 coming to United whilst Jose is still there, just think of that image of Ronaldo and Jose standing far apart and not speaking in the tunnel before a Madrid game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9236
No Madrid coach ever has a happy ending. Zidane will be no different dispute his accolades for the club as player and coach.

Despite their terrible season I don't think he should be fired and here's why: he took the club to the pinnacle the last 2 seasons and there was only 1 direction for them to go (down). He's proven his mettle and deserves the opportunity to help bring the club back to the summit in seasons to come. Real will be active in the transfer market this summer (as they usually are during World Cup years) and I expect them to make some big moves. They also need to start planning for the post-Ronaldo phase. He is still one of the top 2 players in the world, if not the best, but we've never had a striker dominate the game of football in their mid-30s. He will slow down in the years to come and they need to begin planning for that.

The main Zidane question for me isn't whether he gets fired or not. The club truly respects him and I think they will allow him to continue as manager. It's: is he willing to put up with the pressure and crap that is associated with being manager of this club?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 24138
Location: london
Heliopolis wrote:
No Madrid coach ever has a happy ending. Zidane will be no different dispute his accolades for the club as player and coach.

Despite their terrible season I don't think he should be fired and here's why: he took the club to the pinnacle the last 2 seasons and there was only 1 direction for them to go (down). He's proven his mettle and deserves the opportunity to help bring the club back to the summit in seasons to come. Real will be active in the transfer market this summer (as they usually are during World Cup years) and I expect them to make some big moves. They also need to start planning for the post-Ronaldo phase. He is still one of the top 2 players in the world, if not the best, but we've never had a striker dominate the game of football in their mid-30s. He will slow down in the years to come and they need to begin planning for that.

The main Zidane question for me isn't whether he gets fired or not. The club truly respects him and I think they will allow him to continue as manager. It's: is he willing to put up with the pressure and crap that is associated with being manager of this club?


They will be stupid to sack him, all they need to do is tweak things up, they have one of the best squads in Europe, maybe they should sell ronaldo and get hazard and probably neymar

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:55 pm
Posts: 3640
Valencia - Madrid about to begin, should be good..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:55 pm
Posts: 3640
marko wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
No Madrid coach ever has a happy ending. Zidane will be no different dispute his accolades for the club as player and coach.

Despite their terrible season I don't think he should be fired and here's why: he took the club to the pinnacle the last 2 seasons and there was only 1 direction for them to go (down). He's proven his mettle and deserves the opportunity to help bring the club back to the summit in seasons to come. Real will be active in the transfer market this summer (as they usually are during World Cup years) and I expect them to make some big moves. They also need to start planning for the post-Ronaldo phase. He is still one of the top 2 players in the world, if not the best, but we've never had a striker dominate the game of football in their mid-30s. He will slow down in the years to come and they need to begin planning for that.

The main Zidane question for me isn't whether he gets fired or not. The club truly respects him and I think they will allow him to continue as manager. It's: is he willing to put up with the pressure and crap that is associated with being manager of this club?


They will be stupid to sack him, all they need to do is tweak things up, they have one of the best squads in Europe, maybe they should sell ronaldo and get hazard and probably neymar


Come on guys let's be real, if Zidane gets bounced at the end of this season he can't have too many hard feelings. It's not like firing managers quickly hasn't worked for Madrid, plus For a squad that should indeed still top three in terms of talent level, their predictability in the final third is really glaring and that is down to the coach. Barca's form has been ridiculous but there is no way this Madrid should be 19 points behind them. The underperformance has been really shocking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54590
Location: USA
Cheiii it gets worse for Zizou. More points dropped again to Levante???? :shock:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54590
Location: USA
Cheiii it gets worse for Zizou. More points dropped again to Levante???? :shock:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28720
Congrats to my man Zidane.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29566
Location: Canada
Coach wrote:
Congrats to my man Zidane.

:D :taunt:
You better recognize. :thumbs: Everybody--except Coachito--goes through a bad patch. :D

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28720
^patches are usually of the necessary centimetres squared in area to conceal the tear or aperture in the garment. When the whole garment becomes the patch, t'is fair to say it's exceeds that very definition.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29566
Location: Canada
Coach wrote:
^patches are usually of the necessary centimetres squared in area to conceal the tear or aperture in the garment. When the whole garment becomes the patch, t'is fair to say it's exceeds that very definition.

:D :taunt: Talk to me when you win a Champions league in your first season as a coach, repeat the feat, something no one has ever done, and add jara with the La Liga title. :thumbs: The great Zizou has earned any number of tears big and small. :thumbs:

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6879
I think Ronaldo is Madrid, the fact that he is having his worst season and suddenly Madrid is also struggling like never before in recent times, it shows a lot of coaches rode on this guy's amazing abilities that made Madrid so dangerous.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 6019
benteke wrote:
I think Ronaldo is Madrid, the fact that he is having his worst season and suddenly Madrid is also struggling like never before in recent times, it shows a lot of coaches rode on this guy's amazing abilities that made Madrid so dangerous.


You can say the same thing about every other mega club. If Messi gets injured, how far do you think Barca will drop?

That said, I think people expecting the demise of Madrid are a bit premature. They are still in the champions league, and I wont bet against them getting past PSG in the next round.

_________________
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6879
charlie wrote:
benteke wrote:
I think Ronaldo is Madrid, the fact that he is having his worst season and suddenly Madrid is also struggling like never before in recent times, it shows a lot of coaches rode on this guy's amazing abilities that made Madrid so dangerous.


You can say the same thing about every other mega club. If Messi gets injured, how far do you think Barca will drop?

That said, I think people expecting the demise of Madrid are a bit premature. They are still in the champions league, and I wont bet against them getting past PSG in the next round.


But let's not hide behind other clubs, if Ronaldo is in form vs PSG, Madrid are going through.
If not end of the road.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 58000
Fake Ron "carrying" Madrid? :lol: What a joke! Many of you don't watch games. The guy has been just a goal hanger for many seasons.

Anyhow, this is a good article on the problems at Real this season.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42993004

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6879
cic old boy wrote:
Fake Ron "carrying" Madrid? :lol: What a joke! Many of you don't watch games. The guy has been just a goal hanger for many seasons.

Anyhow, this is a good article on the problems at Real this season.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42993004


"Goal hanger", "don't watch games", what a tired line :biggrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29566
Location: Canada
:D :D :D :D :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Coachito Nwokem, congrats to my man Zidane! :thumbs:

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 58000
benteke wrote:

"Goal hanger", "don't watch games", what a tired line :biggrin:

Commentary during the game: "Ronaldo doesn't do much in terms of build up...plays off the shoulder of the last defender".

Commentary on CE: "He has been carrying the team".

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Posts: 25067
Location: Copacabana
cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote:

"Goal hanger", "don't watch games", what a tired line :biggrin:

Commentary during the game: "Ronaldo doesn't do much in terms of build up...plays off the shoulder of the last defender".

Commentary on CE: "He has been carrying the team".

Don't mind them Uncle - that's how some of them on CE thought Real Madrid won 3-1 today when PSG actually won the match with much more build ups than Real Madrid :D

_________________
Image
*** Every child is A STAR! ***
SUPER EAGLES - Fly Above the Storm!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
"If you are tribalistic you have no right to complain about racism!!!"
* Kingsley Moghalu * Omoyele Sowore * Fela Durotoye *


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6879
YemiBrazil wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
benteke wrote:

"Goal hanger", "don't watch games", what a tired line :biggrin:

Commentary during the game: "Ronaldo doesn't do much in terms of build up...plays off the shoulder of the last defender".

Commentary on CE: "He has been carrying the team".

Don't mind them Uncle - that's how some of them on CE thought Real Madrid won 3-1 today when PSG actually won the match with much more build ups than Real Madrid :D



:laugh: :laugh: :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], TonyTheTigerKiller and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group