LIVERPOOL VS CITY (4-3) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: LIVERPOOL VS CITY (4-3) FT

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

can04
Egg
Egg
Re: LIVERPOOL VS CITY (4-2)

Post by can04 »

A great game, and I’m delighted with the result.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Chief Oga Tx, was Pep's in-game management questionable? With the aggressive press applied early on, was that not a indication to reconsider the approach? In fairness, City played very well and thats perhaps a hindsight statement.

What could Peperempe have done differently?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Tx, nno! Congratulations, but what is the aversion with resting on one's laurels? But for the brush of a comb, Aguero heads in for 4-4, absolute madness.
Coach, they tried to rest on their laurels. Did you not see them remove Salah? City is a formidable team. They find a way. Please doff your hat to Pep. The man has created an incredible team. :thumb:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

tfco wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Is that Picture of the 2 coaches of today's game?, I ask because I see the Liverpool coach with Borrusia Dortmund shirt on :O
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

anikulapo wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:What is of greater concern for me is the lack of proper craft in the MF. There's a lot of hard work, a loft of graft, and this game was suited for it. But there's not much craft...They will yet pay for letting Coutinho go midseason.
Mai fren go and siddon.

They did not miss Coutinho today. They worked hard and pushed City around.

This is the Liverpool that people used to know.

BTW, Oxlade-Chamberlaine put in a very good shift for you guys. Maybe that's what you guys need... more graft.

Cell, he is right and I said as much. You need that guile and lethal attacking ability right behind the most front lying players .... Coutinho is lethal and he is a game changer
But Aniks, Coutinho wasn't there when they were being dominated by City earlier in the year?

Maybe Liverpool needed more hustle in the middle of the field than they need finesse and guile?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ohsee wrote:
Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Tx, nno! Congratulations, but what is the aversion with resting on one's laurels? But for the brush of a comb, Aguero heads in for 4-4, absolute madness.
Coach, they tried to rest on their laurels. Did you not see them remove Salah? City is a formidable team. They find a way. Please doff your hat to Pep. The man has created an incredible team. :thumb:
Kpom to the fullest :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

akamoke wrote:Is that Picture of the 2 coaches of today's game?, I ask because I see the Liverpool coach with Borrusia Dortmund shirt on :O
e no matter.......these great coaches have a long history of playing beautiful football..............................unlike a certain Dwarf :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

tfco wrote:
I don't remember Man City been outclassed but then again it doesn't fit the narrative. You guys can keep your $@#% on stick football at Old Trashford.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cellular wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:What is of greater concern for me is the lack of proper craft in the MF. There's a lot of hard work, a loft of graft, and this game was suited for it. But there's not much craft...They will yet pay for letting Coutinho go midseason.
Mai fren go and siddon.

They did not miss Coutinho today. They worked hard and pushed City around.

This is the Liverpool that people used to know.

BTW, Oxlade-Chamberlaine put in a very good shift for you guys. Maybe that's what you guys need... more graft.

Cell, he is right and I said as much. You need that guile and lethal attacking ability right behind the most front lying players .... Coutinho is lethal and he is a game changer
But Aniks, Coutinho wasn't there when they were being dominated by City earlier in the year?

Maybe Liverpool needed more hustle in the middle of the field than they need finesse and guile?

Bros don't judge Coutinho on this season or on that game. There were extenuating circumstances. When these comments are made, we generally rely on the premise on all things being equal.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Keita should solve that.

Klopp needs to take a breather and not spend the Coutinho money any how. Just relax, work hard on the back four and in the SUmmer, starts with Keita, and fight for Ndidi and a world class Goal keeper. The rest will come into place.
:agree:

Don't know that Keita solves that, esp with Can set to leave. Milner in that role today, even for a few minutes was pure disaster...

Will be quite interesting to see what kind of CMs he brings in next summer; there's talk of Goreztka, if Munich don't beat them to it...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

mmeny wrote: I don't remember Man City been outclassed but then again it doesn't fit the narrative. You guys can keep your $@#% on stick football at Old Trashford.
that game could have ended 5-1

it's just that klopp doesn't know how to defend.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I'm listening to these guys running their mouth that OX is finally being allowed to play in the middle where he has always wanted to play. LMAO how many games have they watched him play for Liverpool? Do they know who is coming to Anfield next season ? Oh well make we see nah
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote:
They tried but failed. Reason being they do not have a proper pivot at the base of the MF.
Once Can left, it created a huge hole...Not sure why he won't trust Gini in that role...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anikulapo wrote:I'm listening to these guys running their mouth that OX is finally being allowed to play in the middle where he has always wanted to play. LMAO how many games have they watched him play for Liverpool? Do they know who is coming to Anfield next season ? Oh well make we see nah
He's growing into the team and being more influential. That's what matters...
Next season is next season...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Keita should solve that.

Klopp needs to take a breather and not spend the Coutinho money any how. Just relax, work hard on the back four and in the SUmmer, starts with Keita, and fight for Ndidi and a world class Goal keeper. The rest will come into place.

Don't know that Keita solves that, esp with Can set to leave. Milner in that role today, even for a few minutes was pure disaster...

Will be quite interesting to see what kind of CMs he brings in next summer; there's talk of Goreztka, if Munich don't beat them to it...
That ship has sailed.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Keita should solve that.

That ship has sailed.

No final decision yet...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Keita should solve that.

That ship has sailed.

No final decision yet...
Trust me bro. It has sailed. Just like the Alexis Sanchez decision, it has already been made.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Chief Oga Tx, incase it has escaped one's awareness, Wilshere is back and has already reclaimed his royal standing. Lil' Prince, with choruses of Suuuuuper, super Jack, booming around the Vitality. Sadly, vitality escaped the young monarch and by the second-half, her was spent. Nevertheless, 45 minutes in a defeat to Bournemouth offers enough ammunition with which to fire shots at Liverpool's exaggerations of Alexander OC (poronounced Ohsee). Jack is back. Suuuuuuuuper, super Jack and repeat.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

tfco wrote:
All good points. Which team is running way with the league, or does that not matter?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

also @Txj, will Lemar provide the control you desire? the reliable Duncan Castles claims Liverpool want him as Coutinho's replacement in January?