LIVERPOOL VS CITY (4-3) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIVERPOOL VS CITY (4-3) FT

Post by ohsee »

City and Liverpool are the best attacking teams in the PL--let me state the obvious. I wish they could meet again. Much respect to both coaches for playing The Beautiful Game. I think City will win the league, but about three teams now have shown how they can be beaten. They will not be able to score three goals against every defense.

They will have to change tactics when teams begin to press them high. Now that people know where the chi.nk (what bone-head murderator turned chi.nk into a swear word? :mad: :mad: ) in their armour lies, if they don't vary this pass the ball out of defense stuff, they will drop points and games before the season is over. As I said in another thread, Stones and Otamendi pass the ball to the opposition all the time--people just don't comment on it because it does not always result in a goal. In that thread, spastic came up with some lies, damn lies and statistics to show their high pass accuracy, but all it requires for one goal is one mistake even after you have passed the ball well 99% of the time.

In the next few games, teams can get some joy from putting pressure on Stones, whose confidence must be shaken right now--the penalty he gave up against Bristol must have been on his mind, that's why he let Firmino bully him off the ball so easily today. But I trust Pep to work on solutions with the City back four.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Tx, incase it has escaped one's awareness, Wilshere is back and has already reclaimed his royal standing. Lil' Prince, with choruses of Suuuuuper, super Jack, booming around the Vitality. Sadly, vitality escaped the young monarch and by the second-half, her was spent. Nevertheless, 45 minutes in a defeat to Bournemouth offers enough ammunition with which to fire shots at Liverpool's exaggerations of Alexander OC (poronounced Ohsee). Jack is back. Suuuuuuuuper, super Jack and repeat.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Useless man. :lol:
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

can04 wrote:
tfco wrote:
All good points. Which team is running way with the league, or does that not matter?
Footy fans are funny like that. TFCO has practically been in hiding for the past 3-4 months but now City lost a game after 23 games he comes out and starts beating his chest. Meanwhile that approach he advocates is the reason his team are 15 points behind the league leaders.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

ohsee wrote:City and Liverpool are the best attacking teams in the PL--let me state the obvious. I wish they could meet again. Much respect to both coaches for playing The Beautiful Game. I think City will win the league, but about three teams now have shown how they can be beaten. They will not be able to score three goals against every defense.

They will have to change tactics when teams begin to press them high. Now that people know where the chi.nk (what bone-head murderator turned chi.nk into a swear word? :mad: :mad: ) in their armour lies, if they don't vary this pass the ball out of defense stuff, they will drop points and games before the season is over. As I said in another thread, Stones and Otamendi pass the ball to the opposition all the time--people just don't comment on it because it does not always result in a goal. In that thread, spastic came up with some lies, damn lies and statistics to show their high pass accuracy, but all it requires for one goal is one mistake even after you have passed the ball well 99% of the time.

In the next few games, teams can get some joy from putting pressure on Stones, whose confidence must be shaken right now--the penalty he gave up against Bristol must have been on his mind, that's why he let Firmino bully him off the ball so easily today. But I trust Pep to work on solutions with the City back four.
Oga ohsee, I disagree with you. The only thing teams should take from this game (and I'm surprised alot of people haven't figured yet) is that David Silva is still the heartbeat of this City team. That guy has to be the most underrated player in the world, it's unfortunate to him that he is a Spaniard and played in the same generation as Xavi and Iniesta otherwise he would be given the recognition he deserves. Every time he doesn't play it's obvious and when his name is not on a team sheet City will either lose or labor a win.

Teams will put pressure on City and they will be destroyed, don't let today fool you or anyone who tries. Pep's system revolves around punishing positional mistakes and there aren't many teams in the Prem that are talented enough or well drilled to do what Pool did today. Let me remind you that even though Liverpool won today and City had an off day they (City) were still plugging away and would have probably tied the game.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

tfco wrote:
Hence, why they call him a football Coward.

Why would you in a club like United set up to defend against your closest rival with a club as deep as United?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
ohsee wrote:City and Liverpool are the best attacking teams in the PL--let me state the obvious. I wish they could meet again. Much respect to both coaches for playing The Beautiful Game. I think City will win the league, but about three teams now have shown how they can be beaten. They will not be able to score three goals against every defense.

Oga ohsee, I disagree with you. The only thing teams should take from this game (and I'm surprised alot of people haven't figured yet) is that David Silva is still the heartbeat of this City team. That guy has to be the most underrated player in the world, it's unfortunate to him that he is a Spaniard and played in the same generation as Xavi and Iniesta otherwise he would be given the recognition he deserves. Every time he doesn't play it's obvious and when his name is not on a team sheet City will either lose or labor a win.

Teams will put pressure on City and they will be destroyed, don't let today fool you or anyone who tries. Pep's system revolves around punishing positional mistakes and there aren't many teams in the Prem that are talented enough or well drilled to do what Pool did today. Let me remind you that even though Liverpool won today and City had an off day they (City) were still plugging away and would have probably tied the game.
Chief Piff, we live to see. In hindsight, this was coming; a lot of lousy teams have pressed City and caused them trouble. All it required was for a quality team to implement those lessons. The only reason they were able to make it interesting is that Liverpool has a lousy defense. If they meet another team that can defend and press, they are in trouble.

By the way, I started reading that book you recommended by Erik Reinert (finally). I like it so far. I'll let you know what I think when I am finished.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I said it a few weeks back that Liverpool are the most exciting team in the Prem. There's no doubt about it; Man City is good but when the likes of Mane, Salah and Firmoni are bearing down on you it's a thing of beauty. Problem is their defenders and keeper. Does Klopp even want to sort it out? Maybe he is waiting on Kline to come back so Gomez can partner Van Dijk but they need to forget Lemar and all the other big name signings and go for a Keeper. If they do that they will close the gap on City considerably.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cellular wrote:
tfco wrote:

Why would you in a club like United set up to defend against your closest rival with a club as deep as United?
United is NOT deep in anyway. They've overpaid for some average players. You also have players who are not ready to push themselves to the limit. Look at the distance covered by the Pool players. How many United players have the work rate to do that? Don't even get me started with misplace passes. And check out the placement of the ball by Pool players. Too many carpenters in that United team.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Klopp's 'Jagdfussball' Hunting Football described by Subotic who played for Klopp at Mainz and Borussia Dortmund:

" In the first year, it was rather normal football, with a pinch of Klopp tactics. in the second year, it got spicier. In the third year: Boom! We reached a whole new level, because all 25 players now truly got it. Training felt like war. The starting eleven playing v the subs. You can't imagine how difficult these games were. You were used to having a bit of space and air to breathe but that was all gone. Everyone attacked the ball, everyone defended. Everyone pressed. These games were as hard as the real ones, perhaps even harder."

from Klopp: Bring the Noise
by Rafael Honigstein
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

for me.....the best match of the season by far........it had everything
both coaches trying to outwit each other......players on both sides highly technical and ready to take chances
wow.....if only :sneaky:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wanaj0 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
tfco wrote:

United is NOT deep in anyway. They've overpaid for some average players. You also have players who are not ready to push themselves to the limit. Look at the distance covered by the Pool players. How many United players have the work rate to do that? Don't even get me started with misplace passes. And check out the placement of the ball by Pool players. Too many carpenters in that United team.
Pogba, Miki, Martial, Valencia, Lukaku, Valencia and De Gea. How much deeper do you want to be? I like Jose, but he is doing a sub-par coaching job this season.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gooner1 wrote:for me.....the best match of the season by far........it had everything
both coaches trying to outwit each other......players on both sides highly technical and ready to take chances
wow.....if only :sneaky:
:lol: :lol:

We watched different match. What I saw was one team totally batter another team and the game should have ended 7-1. But another team showed tactical and defensive naïveté and miss chances, as well as conceded 2 stupid goals.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am glad we will be up against Otamendi and Loveren come the World Cup. Both are total liabilities!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
can04 wrote:
tfco wrote:
All good points. Which team is running way with the league, or does that not matter?
Footy fans are funny like that. TFCO has practically been in hiding for the past 3-4 months but now City lost a game after 23 games he comes out and starts beating his chest. Meanwhile that approach he advocates is the reason his team are 15 points behind the league leaders.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my hiding period of 3 months....probably more posts than your active 2 years defending everything Pep

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cellular wrote:
tfco wrote:

list the squad depth.

i'll start you off

1. Martial/ Rashford

thank you

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

airwolex wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
tfco wrote:

Pogba, Miki, Martial, Valencia, Lukaku, Valencia and De Gea. How much deeper do you want to be? I like Jose, but he is doing a sub-par coaching job this season.
depth...coming off the bench.

unless theres another meaning.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

zee wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Tx, nno! Congratulations, but what is the aversion with resting on one's laurels? But for the brush of a comb, Aguero heads in for 4-4, absolute madness.
Coach, they tried to rest on their laurels. Did you not see them remove Salah? City is a formidable team. They find a way. Please doff your hat to Pep. The man has bought an incredible team. :thumb:
Kpom to the fullest :clap: :clap:
corrected

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kastro11
Egg
Egg

Post by kastro11 »

Otamendi is such an average to poor CB. I expect this clown to get destroyed every 1v1 he's faced with. He's benefiting from playing in a team that dominates possession so he doesn't have to defend much. His decision making under pressure is brutal. Absolutely terrible performance.

I'd attack the $#% out of him when you lot meet Argentina in Russia. It makes sense how Argentina struggled to qualify when they have clowns like Otamendi in defence.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Klopp's 'Jagdfussball' Hunting Football described by Subotic who played for Klopp at Mainz and Borussia Dortmund:

" In the first year, it was rather normal football, with a pinch of Klopp tactics. in the second year, it got spicier. In the third year: Boom! We reached a whole new level, because all 25 players now truly got it. Training felt like war. The starting eleven playing v the subs. You can't imagine how difficult these games were. You were used to having a bit of space and air to breathe but that was all gone. Everyone attacked the ball, everyone defended. Everyone pressed. These games were as hard as the real ones, perhaps even harder."

by Rafael Honigstein
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Watched his 1st year with Mainz(Dean got them to the Bundesliga) and I knew that I am watching Dean Hitzfeld's successor.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zee wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

by Rafael Honigstein
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Watched his 1st year with Mainz(Dean got them to the Bundesliga) and I knew that I am watching Dean Hitzfeld's successor.

You mean you watched him when he got Mainz relegated? Ok :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

to me MO=Salah is the best player in England this season.. the guy scares the crap out of everyone. bobo is the Messi of the EPL etc..whata player... and then Mane kai.... Pool is going to become a team many Africans go begin support, ( Salah, Mane, Matip and then Keita)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
zee wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Tx, nno! Congratulations, but what is the aversion with resting on one's laurels? But for the brush of a comb, Aguero heads in for 4-4, absolute madness.
Coach, they tried to rest on their laurels. Did you not see them remove Salah? City is a formidable team. They find a way. Please doff your hat to Pep. The man has bought an incredible team. :thumb:
Kpom to the fullest :clap: :clap:
corrected
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And he is begging to buy Sanchez to replace Jesus who is injured and will return in 2 weeks. :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

Check book fecker!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kastro11 wrote:Otamendi is such an average to poor CB. I expect this clown to get destroyed every 1v1 he's faced with. He's benefiting from playing in a team that dominates possession so he doesn't have to defend much. His decision making under pressure is brutal. Absolutely terrible performance.

I'd attack the $#% out of him when you lot meet Argentina in Russia. It makes sense how Argentina struggled to qualify when they have clowns like Otamendi in defence.
Remember what Iwobi did to him and mascherano. he got so frustrated and his a little child (Iheanacho) :lol: