West Ham Don't Want More African Players

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
West Ham Don't Want More African Players

Post by platinum »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sports ... stars.html
West Ham United have left themselves open to accusations of racism and potentially unlawful discrimination after telling agents in the transfer window that they don’t want to sign any more African players.

After being confronted by Sportsmail, the club’s director of player recruitment, Tony Henry, made the shocking admission that West Ham do indeed want to limit the number of African players because ‘they have a bad attitude’ and ‘cause mayhem’ when they are not in the team.

Lord Ouseley, chairperson of Kick It Out, described an email sent by Henry — and leaked to this newspaper — as potentially unlawful.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: West Ham Don't Want More African Players

Post by Coach »

Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable but, in addition to public condemnation, Mr Black man must ask, what incidence brought such conjecture seed and soil? One has seen many footballers of African descent enjoying themselves at inappropriate days and hours, south of the river, in some of the choice bars and eateries. But which Hammers were tossing spanners out of the toolbox? Off to the small circle to find out more.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Henry sent an email on January 27 — in response to an inquiry about a footballer of Cameroonian descent — to another senior West Ham official and an agent.

In the email, Henry wrote: ‘We don’t want any more Africans and he’s not good enough. I sent Thomas to watch him and the other lad last week and he said no. If Palace take them good luck.’ Sportsmail knows the identity of both recipients but a stipulation before being sent the email was that they should remain anonymous.

Henry was asked if there is a club policy regarding African players. Initially he replied ‘no’, only to be informed that we understand he has told more than one agent in the last month that the club does not want any more African players.

Henry then confirmed it was true and suggested it was a policy supported by club management. ‘Yeah,’ Henry replied. ‘Because we had three and we felt we didn’t particularly want any more African players.’
Asked why, Henry replied: ‘Erm, no reason. It’s nothing racist at all. It’s just sometimes they can have a bad attitude.
The man is not only a racist, but a stupid racist.
‘We had problems with Sakho, with Diafra Sakho. We find that when they are not in the team they cause mayhem. It’s nothing against the African race at all.

‘I mean, look, there are top African players. There’s not a problem with them. It’s just sometimes they cause a lot of problems when they are not playing, as we had with Diafra. He’s left, so great. It’s nothing personal at all.’

Asked if he thought his view was discriminatory towards African players, Henry asked: ‘In what way?’
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

What a %$#@^& stupid angel* racist. So one player now speaks for an entire continent? Lets see if he survives at West Ham
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

AS I'VE SAID BEFORE...

...get that W. African regional league started.
Bell
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bell wrote:AS I'VE SAID BEFORE...

Bell
Our people don’t like to build, they’d rather go to London and get it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

#$%$ West Ham....hope no African players go there...Who the #$%$ do they think they are.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Benedict Iroha wrote:#$%$ West Ham....hope no African players go there...Who the #$%$ do they think they are.
Is Chelsea any different?
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

It is the same in many companies. You are judged based on the behaviour of the last person with your skin colour.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

realtrouble wrote:
Henry sent an email on January 27 — in response to an inquiry about a footballer of Cameroonian descent — to another senior West Ham official and an agent.

In the email, Henry wrote: ‘We don’t want any more Africans and he’s not good enough. I sent Thomas to watch him and the other lad last week and he said no. If Palace take them good luck.’ Sportsmail knows the identity of both recipients but a stipulation before being sent the email was that they should remain anonymous.

Henry was asked if there is a club policy regarding African players. Initially he replied ‘no’, only to be informed that we understand he has told more than one agent in the last month that the club does not want any more African players.

Henry then confirmed it was true and suggested it was a policy supported by club management. ‘Yeah,’ Henry replied. ‘Because we had three and we felt we didn’t particularly want any more African players.’
Asked why, Henry replied: ‘Erm, no reason. It’s nothing racist at all. It’s just sometimes they can have a bad attitude.
The man is not only a racist, but a stupid racist.
‘We had problems with Sakho, with Diafra Sakho. We find that when they are not in the team they cause mayhem. It’s nothing against the African race at all.

‘I mean, look, there are top African players. There’s not a problem with them. It’s just sometimes they cause a lot of problems when they are not playing, as we had with Diafra. He’s left, so great. It’s nothing personal at all.’

Asked if he thought his view was discriminatory towards African players, Henry asked: ‘In what way?’
Same team that had issues with Payet? ok oh. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Does any other player behave differently? Who no wan play every week?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bell wrote:AS I'VE SAID BEFORE...

Bell
Sorry sir , when i hear remarks like this i see an ostrich with a head far buried down in the sand. You mean the Brasilians, the French, the Germans, the Dutch, the Koreans ,Japanese etc who all have players in the EPL and indeed europe do not have a league hence the reason why they have players in europe?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

i keep saying if you have a kid playing football watch out for this idiots, any one that trains them make sure you are on top of it.

This is their attitude all the way through, Newcastle had the same problem with Peter Beadsley, he direclty discriminates against African players and guess what other blacks kept quiet. Nothing has been heard from the case, they are still investigating.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayew kidding me? We cannot tolerate this racist remark even if a Breda don spoil market :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Dem don suspend am!
I am happy
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

They have idiots all over the place,their idiocy and arrogance beclouds their sense of judgement when making stupid pronouncements. Agreed some players are troublesome, but this is not an African affair. But hey the feeling is when you are an african you should take whatever shytee that is thrown your way,you have no right to protest rather you should be grateful they signed you.

The irony of this is ,no player african, european, brasilian or asian likes to sit in the bench without getting playing time...dont see what Diafra has done wrong here other than being an african. Some of these fools still want to live in a world where the blackman does not have the right to make a choice.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Bubble Bubble Remix ft. Prejudice Minaj

I'm forever spewing prejudice, stupid prejudice in the air
We scrutinize, we ostracize
And like Logan Paul I'm suspended away
Europeans are always hiding
I've looked everywhere
I'm forever spewing prejudice, stupid prejudice in the air

Divided, Divided, Divided!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The reality is that this believe was only known because it was voiced and got into the media. You have to realize that there are many like this working today at various clubs but have not and may not be outed. To think that many here believe that there is a level ground (fairness) in evaluating players from various parts of the world is to realize the extent of naivety abound among us. Overt racism may be largely over but much of racism today exists underground, far removed from the comprehension of the naive, and many of it is systematic rather than overt.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Enugu II wrote:The reality is that this believe was only known because it was voiced and got into the media. You have to realize that there are many like this working today at various clubs but have not and may not be outed. To think that many here believe that there is a level ground (fairness) in evaluating players from various parts of the world is to realize the extent of naivety abound among us. Overt racism may be largely over but much of racism today exists underground, far removed from the comprehension of the naive, and many of it is systematic rather than overt.
An African player eminently has to be better (at least 50% more) than a European counterpart to earn a starting place in Europe; we all know it...
Those African players without this advantage are easily dispensed with...

Which WHam player ever sulked more than Payet over transfer issues? Has any suit at WHam generalised about the "bad attitude" of French players; and for WHam to avoid French players?

Yeye people...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Prince wrote:i keep saying if you have a kid playing football watch out for this idiots, any one that trains them make sure you are on top of it.

This is their attitude all the way through, Newcastle had the same problem with Peter Beadsley, he direclty discriminates against African players and guess what other blacks kept quiet. Nothing has been heard from the case, they are still investigating.
Exactly correct.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Thank goodness the angel* was not smart enough to keep quiet about his bias. Now it is being addressed and hopefully he will suffer the full consequences.

Wha choo looking at?!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Thank goodness the angel* was not smart enough to keep quiet about his bias. Now it is being addressed and hopefully he will suffer the full consequences.
West Ham has taken action but this episode should remind all of us that things are not fair and that racism is still out there.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

The guy is a certified angel*!

However I don't think this is a view shared by most people in football. Many people (the likes of Wenger, Bobby Robson etc) have actually said the opposite - that African players display more good characteristics of discipline, work rate and the willingness to learn and adapt. There will always be one or two who may cause problems but it is not a particular African trait.
YNWA