Ebuehi passes Benfica medicals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Ebuehi passes Benfica medicals

Post by chief nfachairman »

If true, great move. Other NIgerians not getting regular football but feel they can play with the best should move to similar clubs or leagues and not Turkey.

I for 1 would like to see Ighalo make that move out of CHina to a proper league.

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/01/15/e ... nts-today/

Nigeria defender Tyronne Ebuehi has passed a medical and he is set to be presented as a Benfica player later today.

According to Portuguese sports newspaper Record, Ebuehi underwent a routine medical yesterday and he will be presented to the public later today.

Nigeria international Ebuehi, 22, has attracted interest from some of Europe’s top clubs like Olympiacos and Anderlecht as well as English Championship side Norwich City.

His contract at Dutch club ADO Den Haag was due to run out this summer.

He is bound for the World Cup with Eagles after he impressed in a handful of games with Nigeria.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ebuehi passes Benfica medicals

Post by 1naija »

:thumbs: :thumbs:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I hope he gets proper game time and stay injury free. Good luck Ebuehi
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

great move - and very happy for the boy.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Haven’t seen a full game from the boy but he must legit. It’ll be a battle royale for the RB spot between him Shehu and Aina in a couple months. I feel for Rohr.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-ci ... -1-5355141
Dutch football magazine Voetbal International report that the 22-year-old is set to sign for the reigning Portuguese champions this month, with his contract at Den Haag due to expire in the summer.

As Fifa rules prevent players under 23 years old from signing pre-contract agreements, Benfica have moved to secure the defender’s services, with Lisbon-based sports newspaper Record reporting Ebuehi could return to Holland on loan for the remainder of the season.

That is due to the full-back being keen to keep playing regularly to make sure of a place in Nigeria’s World Cup squad, having played the second half of a 4-2 friendly win over Argentina in November, his second friendly appearance for the Super Eagles.

Ebuehi’s, born in the Netherlands, is believed to have been at Carrow Road to watch City’s 2-1 Championship win over Millwall on New Year’s Day, with his representatives reportedly also in Norfolk for the 0-0 draw with Chelsea later that week.

MORE: ‘That is not true’ – Norwich target Ebuehi confirms no pre-contract signed

Ebuehi is said to be able to operate on either flank having made 17 top-flight appearances so this season for Den Haag, who sit seventh in the Eredivisie.

Canaries head coach Daniel Farke was asked about the reported interest recently, saying: “Many players have watched some of our recent games. I saw some pictures of me with players before Christmas.

“When we speak about the Den Haag guy it is well known he plays right full-back and that is something we have to think about longer term in this position.

“If Russ Martin leaves the club, who at the moment is the only option to replace Ivo Pinto in the side, then we need another option.”
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Haven’t seen a full game from the boy but he must legit. It’ll be a battle royale for the RB spot between him Shehu and Aina in a couple months. I feel for Rohr.
There is no battle anywhere. Ebuehi stands heads and shoulders above all of the competition. Di Maria will tell you that!

I actually think he should have joined a better league like Spain, Italy, Germany or England. Is Benfuca really progress?
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Haven’t seen a full game from the boy but he must legit. It’ll be a battle royale for the RB spot between him Shehu and Aina in a couple months. I feel for Rohr.
wow that RB looks over crowded and locked down - add Awaziem and Omeruo they can both play that position - LB still not as strong
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I know he would start at Benfica. He has very cultured an sleek feet. And ever since he joined the Nationa team, he's beefed up and added physicality to his game. He has only Aina and Shehu to compete with for the RB spot. He would def be on that plane to Russia, God willing.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chief nfachairman wrote:I know he would start at Benfica. He has very cultured an sleek feet. And ever since he joined the Nationa team, he's beefed up and added physicality to his game. He has only Aina and Shehu to compete with for the RB spot. He would def be on that plane to Russia, God willing.
he is going back to Holland on loan , if he signs
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

chief nfachairman wrote:I know he would start at Benfica. He has very cultured an sleek feet. And ever since he joined the Nationa team, he's beefed up and added physicality to his game. He has only Aina and Shehu to compete with for the RB spot. He would def be on that plane to Russia, God willing.
How quick is he compared to Aina and Shehu? Can he cross the ball well?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
he is going back to Holland on loan , if he signs

Has that been agreed between the two clubs?
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
There is no battle anywhere. Ebuehi stands heads and shoulders above all of the competition. Di Maria will tell you that!

I actually think he should have joined a better league like Spain, Italy, Germany or England.Is Benfuca really progress?
You are kidding right??
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

jdizzy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

I actually think he should have joined a better league like Spain, Italy, Germany or England.Is Benfuca really progress?
You are kidding right??
Huddersfield and Luton are real progress. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

jdizzy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are kidding right??

Is the Portuguese league an improvement on the Dutch league? As yourself if Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon have achieved more than Ajax, PSV Eindhoven or Feyernoord for instance.

Ajax needs no introduction but do you know that in 1970 Feyenoord of Rotterdam were the first Dutch outfit to collect the European Cup (defeating Celtic 2–1 after extra time). Now, in my opinion, a player of Ebuehi's calibre should go from the Dutch league straight to say Liverpool, Man City, Juventus, Barcelona, Borrussia Dortmund, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Roma, Man United, etc.

Moving from Ado Den Haag to Benfica is essentially a sideways move. I fail to see how it constitutes progress.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

No question Benfica is a step up from Ado Den Haag. He went from a bottom club in Holland to a top 4 team in Portugal that consistently plays in European competitions.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are kidding right??

Is the Portuguese league an improvement on the Dutch league? As yourself if Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon have achieved more than Ajax, PSV Eindhoven or Feyernoord for instance.

Ajax needs no introduction but do you know that in 1970 Feyenoord of Rotterdam were the first Dutch outfit to collect the European Cup (defeating Celtic 2–1 after extra time). Now, in my opinion, a player of Ebuehi's calibre should go from the Dutch league straight to say Liverpool, Man City, Juventus, Barcelona, Borrussia Dortmund, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Roma, Man United, etc.

Moving from Ado Den Haag to Benfica is essentially a sideways move. I fail to see how it constitutes progress.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are kidding right??

I am really mystified why the perception of a league translates to the player. While I do not deny that a correlation may exist between the league and players in that league, we should understand that such correlation is not and will never be 100%. There are theoretically players in Isreali league that are better than some players in the EPL. Given the possibility of that, it is more effective to discuss player characteristics and not league characteristics when the topic is about a player's quality.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

I believe that he'll finish out the season at Ado Den Haag. Then resume with Besiktas after the World Cup.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mystic wrote:I believe that he'll finish out the season at Ado Den Haag. Then resume with Besiktas after the World Cup.
I guess you meant Benfica
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

olu wrote:No question Benfica is a step up from Ado Den Haag. He went from a bottom club in Holland to a top 4 team in Portugal that consistently plays in European competitions.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are kidding right??

Ado Den Haag are seventh in the Dutch league, while Benfica are third in the lesser Portuguese league. Where is the progress here?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:No question Benfica is a step up from Ado Den Haag. He went from a bottom club in Holland to a top 4 team in Portugal that consistently plays in European competitions.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are kidding right??

Ado Den Haag are seventh in the Dutch league, while Benfica are third in the lesser Portuguese league. Where is the progress here?
We know you can't see the progress and no point explaining
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are kidding right??

So in your opinion, Ado Den Haag and Benfica are on the same level? Do you know how you sound?
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Is the Portuguese league an improvement on the Dutch league? As yourself if Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon have achieved more than Ajax, PSV Eindhoven or Feyernoord for instance.

Fail to see your point, iven Benfica had already won the European Cup TWICE by then... :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL