NIGERIA 0 VS 0 Rwanda final

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 0 VS 0 Rwanda final

Post by Kabalega »

So the mighty Nigeria is now dropping points to Rwanda?

Imagine what would have happened if Rwanda had a player like Jimmy Gatete.
[/video]
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Kabalega wrote:So the mighty Nigeria is now dropping points to Rwanda?

[/video]

Can you name one player from the Nigerian team?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

No need to over-react, and I mean that on several levels.

The team dominated, and hit the bar a number of times.

The fact that players keep going abroad also means that there will almost always be some turnover from the qualifying team. Steven Odey is a case in point.

There is also nothing wrong with the tournament. The timing of our league could be better, but the pre-season tournament (Super 5, 6 or whatever they decide each year) helps out a bit.

It also helps the home-based professionals get the tournament feeling and experience. Nothing wrong with that. Huge bonus if we identify prospects for the main team, but almost no one is expecting that.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

platinum wrote:
Kabalega wrote:So the mighty Nigeria is now dropping points to Rwanda?

[/video]

Can you name one player from the Nigerian team?
The red card waiting to happen Enzenwa.
Is this a trick question?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

truetalk wrote:No need to over-react, and I mean that on several levels.

The team dominated, and hit the bar a number of times.

The fact that players keep going abroad also means that there will almost always be some turnover from the qualifying team. Steven Odey is a case in point.

There is also nothing wrong with the tournament. The timing of our league could be better, but the pre-season tournament (Super 5, 6 or whatever they decide each year) helps out a bit.

It also helps the home-based professionals get the tournament feeling and experience. Nothing wrong with that. Huge bonus if we identify prospects for the main team, but almost no one is expecting that.
And the team got a point.
Now they need a draw and a win to go through.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The Eagles were unlucky not to score. We should have won this game by at least 2 goals.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: NIGERIA 0 VS 0 Rwanda 1st half

Post by YUJAM »

Chief Gotti. The outcome of pretty much all the CHAN tourneys support my assertion. The winners so far have been DRC twice which has coincided with the emergence of Mazembe and Vita. The other winner Tunisia has arguably the best league in Africa and the best performing sides. Libya was the outlier but we've seen how well Ahly Tripoli performed in the past ACL.

Gotti wrote:
Enugu II wrote:1. Yujam is right in stating that Nigeria isn't really a favorite here. Libya and some of the other teams who have their 'A' internationals playing locally are favored. In fact, I believe Libya has won the CHAN previously because of circumstance described above.
But that's not Yujam's reason (and btw Rwanda had their 'A" internationals)...

Yujam's reasoning (which he first proffered yesterday) was that there is a correlation between the performance of each country's clubs in CAF continental competitions and the strength of their CHAN teams. The fallacy in this thesis is that those clubs that dominate CAF competitions often have non-nationals who play very key roles. Furthermore, while countries like Nigeria have their best-home based talent spread across the 20 clubs of the premier league, a country like Sudan has its best players concentrated almost entirely in the two top club, and thus it is hardly surprising that those 2 Sudanese clubs (sprinkled with non-nationals in key roles) would likely fare better in CAF club competitions than most Nigerian clubs which would have just a couple of the best home-based players - thus when Enyimba (under Gov Orji Kalu) would recruit almost the entire home-based national team, it won 2 back-to-back CAF club championships.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

ohenhen1 wrote:I think CAF should scrap this tournament, it is a waste of resources and time. Nigeria best players don't play in the local league. '

Instead expand the WC format to a final 12 team format that will play each other. Expand the real Afcon even though I think it is a bad idea. This could be the compromise to scrap the local based afcon.
I think you missed the point of the tournament
Its not about winning in the end
And the Tournament does not revolve around Nigeria's success or failure
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

oloye wrote:You go into a competition with players who have been on holiday and are match rusty. Our leagir just started when again? We need to get our calendar right...it is the same rubbish that plagues the team representing us on the continent.
Kpom. Very important factor in the whole equation. The league finished in October and the only competitive matches they have played since then were the Super 6 games in December. I know there are plans to align our local league with the European season and when it happens, it will only be to the benefit of our teams (clubs and national) in Continental competitions.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Saw the highlights, we hit the post a minimum 3 times in that game, also the goalie for Rwanda, brought his A game..better run out next time... our players are still in preseason mode...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Saw the highlights, we hit the post a minimum 3 times in that game, also the goalie for Rwanda, brought his A game..better run out next time... our players are still in preseason mode...
i hope by the time they get out of preseason its not too late- avoid defeat against Libya and beat EQ Guinea will be enough to qualify out of group.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Being in pre season mode doesn’t explain a team devoid of any creativity. From what I saw yesterday was a team which has been composed of physical players that played like Cameroon. It would appear the selection process omitted creative midfielders and skilful wingers. The question is has the Nigerian factor come in to play during the selection process. Has the team been over hauled from the team that gained qualification? The team that got to the WAFU final were they also dropped?

This is the reason why they could not string any passes and looked to play long all the time. Let’s be frank and honest our play was an eye sore. The fact the team has completely news players would explain the poor passing the inability to keep the ball. I know it is only the first game but it going to difficult for the team to improve since it’s not really a team but a collection of individuals that haven’t played together before. This what some on this site keeps on agitating for and this is what it looks like.

The coach has been in position for over year where was the planing for this tournament? Where was the tactical planning for Rewanda? What was the point of making subs in the 85 and 90 minute of the game? What attacking impact did the subs have?

This was an opportunity for a local coach to show what he has learn so far and I have admit it looks like very little.