NIGERIA 0 VS 0 Rwanda final

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA 0 VS 0 Rwanda 1st half

Post by Flex Swift »

90 mins this game is done!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

9ja & Rewanda are now footballing mates!!!! The team is just full of Cameroon type players
Last edited by Flex Swift on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Extremely poor first touch ...for the whole Naija team !!
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

This is the real state of Ngr home based football
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

It has a lot to do with the quality of local leagues. The only sub-Saharan team that has showed up decently so far is Zambia and their teams have done reasonably well in the African tourneys
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Such a YAWNER...
Was like a poor high school game. :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

YUJAM wrote:It has a lot to do with the quality of local leagues. The only sub-Saharan team that has showed up decently so far is Zambia and their teams have done reasonably well in the African tourneys
Doing well in CAF club competitions has little nexus to the quality of teams in this tourney...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

YUJAM wrote:It has a lot to do with the quality of local leagues. The only sub-Saharan team that has showed up decently so far is Zambia and their teams have done reasonably well in the African tourneys

So what do the home based players do ? Don’t they train and practice their craft this was pure rubbish. Just because a player is Homebase’s doesn’t mean he should be devoid of any skill or creativity.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Flex Swift wrote:

So what do the home based players do ? Don’t they train and practice their craft this was pure rubbish. Just because a player is Homebase’s doesn’t mean he should be devoid of any skill or creativity.

Which is why Yujam said QUALITY of the league. Naija league wey players no dey see salary yet you dey expect medemede quality meat when you pay for only pomo. Lets be realistic :lol:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

tunde72 wrote:What that Ibrahim have done th e little time he came on surpass what Okpotu did the whole time he was on. This Salisu is a joke
Okpotu was (unsurprising IMHO) particularly poor...
But the rest of the team were barely average-to-poor.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

platinum wrote:Which is why Yujam said QUALITY of the league. Naija league wey players no dey see salary yet you dey expect medemede quality meat when you pay for only pomo. Lets be realistic :lol:
If it did, South Africa would always be among the favorites...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 0 VS 0 Rwanda final

Post by jette1 »

all these comments because they didn't win; had they scored it would be praises to high haven
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Gotti wrote:
platinum wrote:Which is why Yujam said QUALITY of the league. Naija league wey players no dey see salary yet you dey expect medemede quality meat when you pay for only pomo. Lets be realistic :lol:
If it did, South Africa would always be among the favorites...
Those ones are second rate footballers, no natural talent there :tic: :tic:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Robotnik wrote:This is the real state of Ngr home based football
At least they made it to the tournament...
The main team could not make it to the last 2 AFCONs.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gotti wrote:
Doing well in CAF club competitions has little nexus to the quality of teams in this tourney...
I beg to disagree. The teams that do well in this tourney usually have teams that perform well in the ACL

And btw S Africa doesn't use its best players for this tourney
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The game was terrible. At least, the much that I watched was an eyesore. However, I will not use this to pass judgment on the local league. Not at all. We have seen the CHAN team do much better in the past. Here are my thoughts.

1. Yujam is right in stating that Nigeria isn't really a favorite here. Libya and some of the other teams who have their 'A' internationals playing locally are favored. In fact, I believe Libya has won the CHAN previously because of circumstance described above.

2. This team has hardly trained together since the local NPFL season ended. That is just not good when you have a team with several players that were not even part of the WAFU Cup.

3. Note that the best showing at CHAN that we have had is when the NFF had the team together for weeks under Stephen Keshi to win third place. They did the same under Oliseh and even though the team did not reach the medal round it did play at least cohesively.

4. In my opinion, the problem with this team is clearly poor cohesion showing that the team needs far more time working together.

5. Another problem may be that the team just is not fit. These are players just returned from the holiday break, after the NPFL season. Then NFF delayed camp until the pre-season tournament in Kano which the team won against teams that were still in preseason mode. That delay, as I mentioned at the time, will surely impact the team even though the move was to save money. Watch how slow the passing is and the final third is really poor. There are other problems all over the place.

6. I believe the team will improve as the tournament goes along but it may well be too late because beating a team like Libya may be too high a mountain to climb at this point.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I think CAF should scrap this tournament, it is a waste of resources and time. Nigeria best players don't play in the local league. '

Instead expand the WC format to a final 12 team format that will play each other. Expand the real Afcon even though I think it is a bad idea. This could be the compromise to scrap the local based afcon.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Really?
ohenhen1 wrote:I think CAF should scrap this tournament, it is a waste of resources and time. Nigeria best players don't play in the local league. '

Instead expand the WC format to a final 12 team format that will play each other. Expand the real Afcon even though I think it is a bad idea. This could be the compromise to scrap the local based afcon.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:I think CAF should scrap this tournament, it is a waste of resources and time. Nigeria best players don't play in the local league. '

Bros,

CAF has a reason for this tournament it had nothing to do with whether Nigeria can use its best players or not. In fact, CHAN was introduced to ensure that teams that often go months without a game because of early elimination from AFCON and WC Q can have games on their calendar. Thus, it is up to Nigeria to decide whether to participate or not. Note that Egypt had declined participation until recent edition. However, Nigeria's participation should not have any serious impact on whether CAF keeps the competition or not.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:1. Yujam is right in stating that Nigeria isn't really a favorite here. Libya and some of the other teams who have their 'A' internationals playing locally are favored. In fact, I believe Libya has won the CHAN previously because of circumstance described above.
But that's not Yujam's reason (and btw Rwanda had their 'A" internationals)...

Yujam's reasoning (which he first proffered yesterday) was that there is a correlation between the performance of each country's clubs in CAF continental competitions and the strength of their CHAN teams. The fallacy in this thesis is that those clubs that dominate CAF competitions often have non-nationals who play very key roles. Furthermore, while countries like Nigeria have their best-home based talent spread across the 20 clubs of the premier league, a country like Sudan has its best players concentrated almost entirely in the two top club, and thus it is hardly surprising that those 2 Sudanese clubs (sprinkled with non-nationals in key roles) would likely fare better in CAF club competitions than most Nigerian clubs which would have just a couple of the best home-based players - thus when Enyimba (under Gov Orji Kalu) would recruit almost the entire home-based national team, it won 2 back-to-back CAF club championships.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

You go into a competition with players who have been on holiday and are match rusty. Our leagir just started when again? We need to get our calendar right...it is the same rubbish that plagues the team representing us on the continent.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Why? Because your team did not play well? :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Why? Because your country decided not to properly plan for it? That is just asinine!

It actually is a very good way to gauge the quality of the national leagues in Africa, because, for the most part, you have the best domestic players from each country competing against each other.