England Coach Southgate Explains Why They Agreed To Play Nig

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
England Coach Southgate Explains Why They Agreed To Play Nig

Post by Sir V »

owngoal.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/01/10/en ... t-wembley/

England Coach Southgate Explains Why They Agreed To Play Nigeria At Wembley

January 10, 2018

Coach of the Three Lions of England Gareth Southgate has explained why they will be playing Nigeria in a pre World Cup friendly at Wembley on the the 2nd of June.

England will take on Costa Rica, five days after the game against Nigeria at Elland Road before the fly out to Russia for their campaign at the World Cup 2018.

Grouped alongside Tunisia, Panama and Belgium at the World Cup, Southgate explained the reason behind their choice to face Nigeria and Costa Rica goes beyond the logical reasoning of facing teams from same continent as the above mentioned nations.

He explained that the games will provide a different challenge to his team as opposed ‎to the opponents they have been playing in the past, when they have mostly played against European nations.

Southgate cited the friendly game against Brazil last year as a reminder of the need for his team to test themselves in different ways ‎, as it will help them become better in the long run.

“We’ve mostly played European opposition up to now and the Brazil game acted as a reminder that we need to challenge ourselves in different ways as a team,” he explained.

“We’re going into a World Cup where we will play African and Central American opposition so we get that with the games against Nigeria and Costa Rica but it’s not just about the games we’ve got in the group but hopefully beyond that as well.

“We want to expose the team to different styles and different experiences.”

Michael James
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: England Coach Southgate Explains Why They Agreed To Play

Post by metalalloy »

Sir V wrote:owngoal.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/01/10/en ... t-wembley/

England Coach Southgate Explains Why They Agreed To Play Nigeria At Wembley

January 10, 2018

Coach of the Three Lions of England Gareth Southgate has explained why they will be playing Nigeria in a pre World Cup friendly at Wembley on the the 2nd of June.

England will take on Costa Rica, five days after the game against Nigeria at Elland Road before the fly out to Russia for their campaign at the World Cup 2018.

Grouped alongside Tunisia, Panama and Belgium at the World Cup, Southgate explained the reason behind their choice to face Nigeria and Costa Rica goes beyond the logical reasoning of facing teams from same continent as the above mentioned nations.

He explained that the games will provide a different challenge to his team as opposed ‎to the opponents they have been playing in the past, when they have mostly played against European nations.

Southgate cited the friendly game against Brazil last year as a reminder of the need for his team to test themselves in different ways ‎, as it will help them become better in the long run.

“We’ve mostly played European opposition up to now and the Brazil game acted as a reminder that we need to challenge ourselves in different ways as a team,” he explained.

“We’re going into a World Cup where we will play African and Central American opposition so we get that with the games against Nigeria and Costa Rica but it’s not just about the games we’ve got in the group but hopefully beyond that as well.

“We want to expose the team to different styles and different experiences
.”

Michael James
:clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Michael Ayo James?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:Michael Ayo James?
AKA - Mark Rowland "Rat" :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

own freaking goal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

pajimoh wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i no even see dat one. The quotes are also on BBC sha.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42636452
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

pajimoh wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Shaking my head
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Anyone knows whether England has named their squad? I am hoping that Marc Albrighton and Demerai Gray can show the SE players that they are not of their caliber! :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:Anyone knows whether England has named their squad? I am hoping that Marc Albrighton and Demerai Gray can show the SE players that they are not of their caliber! :clap:
Bros, to name squad now for June game?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Anyone knows whether England has named their squad? I am hoping that Marc Albrighton and Demerai Gray can show the SE players that they are not of their caliber! :clap:
Bros, to name squad now for June game?
Na so we see am o! Such names like Albrighton and Gray cannot wait! Players of their caliber need to be named 6 months before any game. Abi, how you see am? :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Name squad now for a game in June? Brother mi, fear God now...haba
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Robbynice wrote:
he is 'sneak dissing' one of our most useless posters on this site, mister noise.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

King Futcha wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
he is 'sneak dissing' one of our most useless posters on this site, mister noise.
The funniest thing is I thought I was quoting Ayo... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Robbynice wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The funniest thing is I thought I was quoting Ayo... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
i could see that, it is something he would write in seriousness :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

King Futcha wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
i could see that, it is something he would write in seriousness :)
Two of una ARE very wicked! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: