Kelechi Iheanacho (2 goals )vs Fleetwood

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

akamoke
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho (2 goals )vs Fleetwood

Post by akamoke »

Kelechi should just take advantage of all the opportunities presented to him, like he did in the Fleetwood game
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

akamoke wrote:Kelechi should just take advantage of all the opportunities presented to him, like he did in the Fleetwood game
TBH it's not really the best situation for him. We are forgetting one thing, for the other City he DID take advantage of his opportunities in relatively little PT, hence the records.

He wasn't able to break his ceiling or rather reach his ceiling, because it's not just about consistency, but about having enough PT to develop and playing for a team that plays to your STRENGTHS. Iheanacho had a brace, but in the game I still did not see how the team suited him! He scored a brace, had 1 disallowed, but he essentially scored with every opportunity that was placed at his feet!

The guy is not an Aguero (He seemed like one in his younger days in the EFL and elsewhere), but right now he sets himself up as a striker that needs big chances. One CE said he still had to work hard on the ball, the reality is the reality. Nacho plays off other players.

In a difficult game where there is zero penetration, Nacho will not thrive. He is excellent at finishing and finding space, but there have been games and I have seen it, where there is zero penetration! He is not a big game striker. I.e. a striker like Aguero that can score against the run of play and from nothing.

He needs to ask himself, what type of team suits him best and what type of position he wants to be playing to reach his ceiling. He is not Yakubu, he is not Ighalo, he needs to set the bar much much much higher than those two. This is potentially the best Nigerian striker ever! I could be wrong, but I still don't think Leicester is the right club for him.

but it doesn't hurt anyway, even if he were to leave - he still needs to drive up his valuation.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Tbite wrote:
akamoke wrote:Kelechi should just take advantage of all the opportunities presented to him, like he did in the Fleetwood game
TBH it's not really the best situation for him. We are forgetting one thing, for the other City he DID take advantage of his opportunities in relatively little PT, hence the records.

He wasn't able to break his ceiling or rather reach his ceiling, because it's not just about consistency, but about having enough PT to develop and playing for a team that plays to your STRENGTHS. Iheanacho had a brace, but in the game I still did not see how the team suited him! He scored a brace, had 1 disallowed, but he essentially scored with every opportunity that was placed at his feet!

The guy is not an Aguero (He seemed like one in his younger days in the EFL and elsewhere), but right now he sets himself up as a striker that needs big chances. One CE said he still had to work hard on the ball, the reality is the reality. Nacho plays off other players.

In a difficult game where there is zero penetration, Nacho will not thrive. He is excellent at finishing and finding space, but there have been games and I have seen it, where there is zero penetration! He is not a big game striker. I.e. a striker like Aguero that can score against the run of play and from nothing.

He needs to ask himself, what type of team suits him best and what type of position he wants to be playing to reach his ceiling. He is not Yakubu, he is not Ighalo, he needs to set the bar much much much higher than those two. This is potentially the best Nigerian striker ever! I could be wrong, but I still don't think Leicester is the right club for him.

but it doesn't hurt anyway, even if he were to leave - he still needs to drive up his valuation.
Agree totally with you. Needs playtime, to work on some of those deficiencies. Vardy will always be picked ahead of him, anyway.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

A striker scores 2 goals at his own 2 chances and you guys are here speaking swahili
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:A striker scores 2 goals at his own 2 chances and you guys are here speaking swahili
What’s wrong with Swahili?
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tbite wrote:

In general, I agree with you. People sleep on this boy, but he could be really really great. I repeat...He has that goal instinct that is difficult to find. If I were building a team, I wouldn't start Vardy over him, but alas, that's what Leicester is comfortable with. So it means, he really needs to find the kind of situation/club that suits him. I don't think Leicester can work in the long term because they want 1 target man, and that man is Vardy.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tbite wrote:The guy is not an Aguero (He seemed like one in his younger days in the EFL and elsewhere), but right now he sets himself up as a striker that needs big chances. One CE said he still had to work hard on the ball, the reality is the reality. Nacho plays off other players.
I couldn’t disagree more. A professional player usually plays to his coach’s dictates. Take another look at his goals for Nigeria. Many of those goals were simply manufactured by Nacho. No one else could have scored those goals. What Nacho needs is the OK by the coaches to be himself, whoever he plays for :!:

Cheers.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Tbite wrote:

TBite - good observations overall but there's a point you make that i'm not sold on. It you point on Nacho not being a big game changer and that he needs team penetration to score. Nacho has a lot of scoring tools in his tool kit that gives him some game changing ability. At 2 goals down against argentina, we needed something, and someone. Nachos free kick (something I qualify as a half chance) brought us back to life. At the time, there was nothing, no effective penetration. He has freekicks in his toolkit anad a few others. I definately follow your observations in general, it makes sense but I think we may be selling a bit short overall.

A critical point above all that I agree with is that he is at the wrong club. Leicster aint it for him and his style of play