Kelechi Iheanacho (2 goals )vs Fleetwood

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho (2 goals )vs Fleetwood

Post by danfo driver »

Okay guys! Calm down! Lets settle this thing! Lets drop kelechi from the world cup squad and withdraw our participation, so we can all rest!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

The YeyeMan wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
txj wrote:Easy on the kumbaya stuff..

Its against Fleetwood Mac. Last I checked, it was an 80s rock group...

Kele needs to work really hard. He is not improving...
What else is new from you? You’ve been rambling on about Nacho’s first touch which you claim is inadequate but the first goal was all about great first touches. Even the second goal was an impressive demonstration of a great first touch, not to mention the clinical finish on the disallowed goal. On this game alone, Nacho has shown you up to be a football nonentity and an internet noise maker :!:

Cheers.
Generally, his first touch wasn't that good throughout the game. But it certainly was for the goals. It's fair to say that his touch is erratic.
You can say that for most strikers.

Wha choo looking at?!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ayo is a comedian and I have told you guys multiple times to no avail. His negating kelechi goals against fletcwood but wants kelechi nwakali at a backwater league drafted for World Cup. Comic stuff!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote:Okay guys! Calm down! Lets settle this thing! Lets drop kelechi from the world cup squad and withdraw our participation, so we can all rest!
Nope. We will replace him with one hey you that the agents will start talking about. Just give them airtime and watch. Enemies of Naija football :taunt:

Same people wanted Lukman Haruna and Rabiu at the world cup :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Iheanacho's goals are no good but wants Babamessi of the Qatari league in the World Cup.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

These agents/intermediary will probably suggest that we should drop kelechi for some of their clients. Even if kelechi isn’t scoring at his club, his previous performances and records for SE are enough to get him into world cup
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

john12 wrote:Ayo is a comedian and I have told you guys multiple times to no avail. His negating kelechi goals against fletcwood but wants kelechi nwakali at a backwater league drafted for World Cup. Comic stuff!
So there are still folks on CE that take Ayo serious? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

I agree Kelechi is not improving. He scored a hatrick against Aston Villa just 2 years ago... he should be scoring 5 goals in a year at the very least.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

btw where is Uchebo ? Thats the guy I want o ..kai the yamtube of that guy na fire !
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ayo is the poster child of pure unbelievable comedy, you have to give it to the guy... he is at least considerably consistent in what he does best.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
txj wrote:Easy on the kumbaya stuff..

Its against Fleetwood Mac. Last I checked, it was an 80s rock group...

Kele needs to work really hard. He is not improving...
What else is new from you? You’ve been rambling on about Nacho’s first touch which you claim is inadequate but the first goal was all about great first touches. Even the second goal was an impressive demonstration of a great first touch, not to mention the clinical finish on the disallowed goal. On this game alone, Nacho has shown you up to be a football nonentity and an internet noise maker :!:

Cheers.
Generally, his first touch wasn't that good throughout the game. But it certainly was for the goals. It's fair to say that his touch is erratic.
You can say that for most strikers.

Not really...

Why are so many here so defensive?

He needs to work harder; its that simple...He needs to be making it extremely difficult for the manager to choose his team.

An important member of the SE in a WC year should be starting at Leicester with the team they have.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

He will be alright, this game will give him confidence
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

"Let's see him do it in the EPL"......

This statement makes me laugh. One would think this EPL that they are referring to, Kelechi has never played in it.

Nonsense.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ugbowo wrote:"Let's see him do it in the EPL"......

This statement makes me laugh. One would think this EPL that they are referring to, Kelechi has never played in it.

Nonsense.

Football is about consistency though. What differentiates great players from ordinary ones is they are able to sustain quality over a lengthy period of time.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Nonsense.
You dey mind the clowns,? Kelechi scores when he wants, simple and plain.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... n-11869300

kelechi-iheanacho-vows-justify-25million
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Nonsense.

Football is about consistency though. What differentiates great players from ordinary ones is they are able to sustain quality over a lengthy period of time.
Football is also about being in the right place, at the right time, and getting a steady chance.
Kelechi delivered for City every time he was called upon. He was the picture of consistency.
Now, the fact is, under Pep's style, he was apparently going to struggle. Heck Aguero has accomplished way more in the career than Kelechi, yet even he is seemingly in limbo at City so those goal poachers and Pep seem to have some issues....But Kelechi delivered consistently at City, lets not act like he was inconsistent. His goal/game ratio was the best in the league I think. Now does a player need to add more to his game sometimes? Well sure.
At Leicester, many have lamented that he went to a club that plays a style that doesn't suit him. And he has had some adjustment issues, but look at his record in the cup. Is that not the very picture of consistency?

My prayer for this young man is that he gets enough games at Leicester to be match ready for Russia 18. Then at Russia 18, he lights the scene up, and then gets the bids from clubs all over that will allow him go somewhere that fits his style.
Last edited by platinum on Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Besiktas president is in Leicester to buy Slimani. That would make Iheanacho the undoubted no2 after Slimani. The Fleetwood game will have really heightened his profile for the club. Hopefully he now gets a run of form.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

marutimon wrote:Besiktas president is in Leicester to buy Slimani. That would make Iheanacho the undoubted no2 after Slimani. The Fleetwood game will have really heightened his profile for the club. Hopefully he now gets a run of form.
Only problem is Slimani wasn't getting much PT either, so it wouldn't be a step up taking his spot lol. I don't think the Fleetwood game changes much other than his personal confidence, hopefully when he gets his next chance he will be confident enough to show more of what he can do. But Vardy and Okazaki are still the starters.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Sure, but instead of dividing the little playing time between two, its now all for Kelechi.

I wish the coach would try Vardy more on the wing, with Kelechi centrally.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Nonsense.

He has, and was subsequently found inadequate, per the club's standards.

At Leicester, he starts again, from ZERO!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Nonsense.

Football is also about being in the right place, at the right time, and getting a steady chance.
Kelechi delivered for City every time he was called upon. He was the picture of consistency.
Now, the fact is, under Pep's style, he was apparently going to struggle. Heck Aguero has accomplished way more in the career than Kelechi, yet even he is seemingly in limbo at City so those goal poachers and Pep seem to have some issues....But Kelechi delivered consistently at City, lets not act like he was inconsistent. His goal/game ratio was the best in the league I think. Now does a player need to add more to his game sometimes? Well sure.
At Leicester, many have lamented that he went to a club that plays a style that doesn't suit him. And he has had some adjustment issues, but look at his record in the cup. Is that not the very picture of consistency?

My prayer for this young man is that he gets enough games at Leicester to be match ready for Russia 18. Then at Russia 18, he lights the scene up, and then gets the bids from clubs all over that will allow him go somewhere that fits his style.

I did, bro. And more importantly, so did Claude Puel. But its apparently not enough to push through to a starting position in the main dance...He must work harder! Its that simple really...