Kelechi Iheanacho (2 goals )vs Fleetwood

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho (2 goals )vs Fleetwood

Post by Prince »

charlie wrote:
highbury wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote: He does descend into cliche in his interviews. :lol:
It is amazing how twitter can twist his words and some run with it.

Definitely was nervous during the interview. Its totally normal for a kid his age.
He should/will get used to it though. Something tells me he will be doing a lot more interviews in the near future.
he misunderstood the question and the interviewer did not bother to correct the impression. Most players do to be honest. The guy should have explained what he meant or Vardy should have stepped in that's even if he understood the question
Oya back to the matter
open and close
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

highbury wrote:
txj wrote:Easy on the kumbaya stuff..

Its against Fleetwood Mark. Last I checked, it was an 80s rock group...

Kele needs to work really hard. He is not improving...
That's a damnnn lie!! Even a cross eyed camel can see that he has improved. You can only beat and score against the team in front of you
Im also not moved, its Fleetwood for crying out loud. I just hope this goals can jolt the coacj to give him enough game time in the EPL and he grabs it with both hands. Then I would rather have him start for SE than Ighalo!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Its against Fleetwood Mac. Last I checked, it was an 80s rock group...

What else is new from you? You’ve been rambling on about Nacho’s first touch which you claim is inadequate but the first goal was all about great first touches. Even the second goal was an impressive demonstration of a great first touch, not to mention the clinical finish on the disallowed goal. On this game alone, Nacho has shown you up to be a football nonentity and an internet noise maker :!:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

What else is new from you? You’ve been rambling on about Nacho’s first touch which you claim is inadequate but the first goal was all about great first touches. Even the second goal was an impressive demonstration of a great first touch, not to mention the clinical finish on the disallowed goal. On this game alone, Nacho has shown you up to be a football nonentity and an internet noise maker :!:

Cheers.

No mind am. He doesn’t even have the first clue about what he’s talking about.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

King Futcha wrote: ! he should use his powers for good more often.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Mmm? Bigpokey24 or you mean another Bigpokey? Hmm!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

How have the mighty fallen. Once upon a time we used to celebrate our boys scoring in Champions League semi finals but now a goal against League One side Fleetwood Town in the FA Cup is a cause for celebration. Hmmmmm.

I remember us all cheering here when Finidi and Kanu won the Uefa Champions league with Ajax and when Taribo and Kanu won the Uefa cup with Inter Milan. Now, our singing has been reduced to this:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The best EPL club for Nacho is Liverpool. He will score lots of goals with the chances they create.
I am happy
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:How have the mighty fallen. Once upon a time we used to celebrate our boys scoring in Champions League semi finals but now a goal against League One side Fleetwood Town in the FA Cup is a cause for celebration. Hmmmmm.

I remember us all cheering here when Finidi and Kanu won the Uefa Champions league with Ajax and when Taribo and Kanu won the Uefa cup with Inter Milan. Now, our singing has been reduced to this:
Sometimes you have to consider the whole instead of the part. Looking at Kele yesterday, what impressed was his movement. Still has issues with his first touch (has always had that), but the movement is unbelievable. Whether its Fleetwood or Liverpool, movement is a rare trait for good strikers and as long as he has it, he will come good. I think Puel knew Kele playing at the WC will enhance his value, hence holding on to him. With Nigeria, he will continue to shine. Of that I have no doubt.
To stop trying is to start dying
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Mmm? Bigpokey24 or you mean another Bigpokey? Hmm!
even after i post correct for you , say you don dey think critically , you come dey find new year trouble..ok
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
even after i post correct for you , say you don dey think critically , you come dey find new year trouble..ok
Na wetin? You tink say I don foget? No, I say na six monts for me and you for hia! I neva bigin sho you Pepper sef.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:How have the mighty fallen. Once upon a time we used to celebrate our boys scoring in Champions League semi finals but now a goal against League One side Fleetwood Town in the FA Cup is a cause for celebration. Hmmmmm.

don't call it a comeback, been doing it for years.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

But if na one of your boys wey score for sunday afternoon monkey post, na death by 10 pointers we go hear from you.
Abeg carry your hypocrisy commot :boo: :boo:
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

charlie wrote:

But if na one of your boys wey score for sunday afternoon monkey post, na death by 10 pointers we go hear from you.
Abeg carry your hypocrisy commot :boo: :boo:
Please no mind am. The guy that constantly pushes for Nwakali, who hasn't gotten a top flight game in ages, is thumbing his nose at Nacho's goal.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
highbury wrote:

Its against Fleetwood Mark. Last I checked, it was an 80s rock group...

That's a damnnn lie!! Even a cross eyed camel can see that he has improved. You can only beat and score against the team in front of you
Im also not moved, its Fleetwood for crying out loud. I just hope this goals can jolt the coacj to give him enough game time in the EPL and he grabs it with both hands. Then I would rather have him start for SE than Ighalo!

lol..You guys know Leicester played 0-0 with this team last week ? Starting Okazaki and Slimani ? Brought on Vardy and no dice ?

You know Kelechi was replaced by Vardy and Vardy no sniff a goal against his old club ? But since na kelechi ..nothing to be happy about ? Na wa o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Cut the guy some slack, had a few opportunities and he took them well. The lad is a natural born finisher and while he isn't getting much air time at Leicester, it's reassuring to see that he has not lost his killer instinct.

Playing for the SE is a completely different proposition for Kele. The guy should just rock steady until the WC. One thing is for sure, he won't be a leicester player come next season..
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:This was Fleetwood Town, now can he do the same against say Liverpool, Man City, Spurs, Man United, Liverpool or Chelsea? Against such teams, chances are at a premium, so you spend 85 minutes working for the team.

Ask yourselves if Kelechi is up to that. From what I can see, he is just a goal scorer and adds little else to the team.

Both of you gentlemen are actually right. it is Fleetwood. Can you tell us what happened when he played Argentina with their "world class" Mascherano and Otamendi? Thanks. :D

Its a friendly, so even that has to be taken in perspective.

Perhaps you can cite several EPL games he has started or been a sub in for us to use as a template for measuring him?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Mr Shows wrote:Cut the guy some slack, had a few opportunities and he took them well. The lad is a natural born finisher and while he isn't getting much air time at Leicester, it's reassuring to see that he has not lost his killer instinct.

Playing for the SE is a completely different proposition for Kele. The guy should just rock steady until the WC. One thing is for sure, he won't be a leicester player come next season..

I'm happy for him and like I said, its a good confidence boost.

Now lets wait for him to transfer this to the EPL...That's the real measure of his progress, not games against an 80s rock group...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

txj wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:Cut the guy some slack, had a few opportunities and he took them well. The lad is a natural born finisher and while he isn't getting much air time at Leicester, it's reassuring to see that he has not lost his killer instinct.

Now lets wait for him to transfer this to the EPL...That's the real measure of his progress, not games against an 80s rock group...
If the coach doesn't see it fit to give him air time what else can he do...? Playing with their so called big gun in the first leg, Leicester couldn't beat 80's rock.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:

Cheers.
Generally, his first touch wasn't that good throughout the game. But it certainly was for the goals. It's fair to say that his touch is erratic.
Last edited by The YeyeMan on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote:The best EPL club for Nacho is Liverpool. He will score lots of goals with the chances they create.
Doubt he has the required work rate and intensity for a Klopp side...
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:

70s :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Mr Shows wrote:
txj wrote:

If the coach doesn't see it fit to give him air time what else can he do...? Playing with their so called big gun in the first leg, Leicester couldn't beat 80's rock.

Do what everybody in his situation does- FIGHT! Take every chance you get like its the last one!

He MOST CERTAINLY has done so against Fleetwood Mac.

He now needs to translate this to the EPL.

Now, get back to me when he does that; ok...
Last edited by txj on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote:

70s :lol:

Opare! Its even worse than I thought!!!