Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 8:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 8773
danfo driver wrote:
Can Akpeyi get into the Fortuna Dusseldorf U-12 team for girls? Talkless of this team? Yes, USUALLY, the league in which a player plays is important. But most times, it isn't. Specifically for us, where 1 of our goalkeepers is below average (Ezenwa) another is a kid (Uzoho) and the final one claims he has mental problems (Akpeyi). please...

niyi wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
zee wrote:
Quote:
'German-Nigerian Goalkeeper Okoye of Fortuna Dusseldorf'
................which Fortuna Dusseldorf are we talking about? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortuna Dusseldorf's 3 GKs are 1. Rensing Michael 2.Wiesner Tim 3. Wolf Raphael.....................folks, which Fortuna Dusseldorf :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortuna Dusseldorf Under 19. Please read the article, bro.


Yeah that's a very low level. Hopefully we aren't planning to take this boy to the world cup


Firstly, Akpeyi did not say he had mental issues.

I know the South African national league isn't well ranked but Akpeyi, as bad as he is, is probably better than this kid. He is playing at a more competitive level and is a professional goalie starting games once a week.

Ezenwa is ok and Uzoho is okay too (at least he plays regularly for the best ranked team in the Spanish 3rd div). I'll take those 3 over a goalie playing for the U19 team of a German 2nd div side. And if those three aren't good enough, we'll get someone else Alampasu, Nwokolor or a goalie from the naija League.

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 8164
niyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Can Akpeyi get into the Fortuna Dusseldorf U-12 team for girls? Talkless of this team? Yes, USUALLY, the league in which a player plays is important. But most times, it isn't. Specifically for us, where 1 of our goalkeepers is below average (Ezenwa) another is a kid (Uzoho) and the final one claims he has mental problems (Akpeyi). please...

niyi wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
zee wrote:
Quote:
'German-Nigerian Goalkeeper Okoye of Fortuna Dusseldorf'
................which Fortuna Dusseldorf are we talking about? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortuna Dusseldorf's 3 GKs are 1. Rensing Michael 2.Wiesner Tim 3. Wolf Raphael.....................folks, which Fortuna Dusseldorf :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortuna Dusseldorf Under 19. Please read the article, bro.


Yeah that's a very low level. Hopefully we aren't planning to take this boy to the world cup


Firstly, Akpeyi did not say he had mental issues.

I know the South African national league isn't well ranked but Akpeyi, as bad as he is, is probably better than this kid. He is playing at a more competitive level and is a professional goalie starting games once a week.

Ezenwa is ok and Uzoho is okay too (at least he plays regularly for the best ranked team in the Spanish 3rd div). I'll take those 3 over a goalie playing for the U19 team of a German 2nd div side. And if those three aren't good enough, we'll get someone else Alampasu, Nwokolor or a goalie from the naija League.


Good! Take them out for lunch, because thats the only thing you are going to be doing. Rohr is the one who takes players to the world cup! Best believe that! :lol: :lol: And if Rohr wants to take a 12 year old who was born in a German mortuary, there is nothing you can do about that. sorry, bro! :D

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 8164
The YeyeMan wrote:
zee wrote:
Quote:
'German-Nigerian Goalkeeper Okoye of Fortuna Dusseldorf'
................which Fortuna Dusseldorf are we talking about? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortuna Dusseldorf's 3 GKs are 1. Rensing Michael 2.Wiesner Tim 3. Wolf Raphael.....................folks, which Fortuna Dusseldorf :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortuna Dusseldorf Under 19. Please read the article, bro.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 8773
danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Can Akpeyi get into the Fortuna Dusseldorf U-12 team for girls? Talkless of this team? Yes, USUALLY, the league in which a player plays is important. But most times, it isn't. Specifically for us, where 1 of our goalkeepers is below average (Ezenwa) another is a kid (Uzoho) and the final one claims he has mental problems (Akpeyi). please...

niyi wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
zee wrote:
Quote:
'German-Nigerian Goalkeeper Okoye of Fortuna Dusseldorf'
................which Fortuna Dusseldorf are we talking about? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortuna Dusseldorf's 3 GKs are 1. Rensing Michael 2.Wiesner Tim 3. Wolf Raphael.....................folks, which Fortuna Dusseldorf :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fortuna Dusseldorf Under 19. Please read the article, bro.


Yeah that's a very low level. Hopefully we aren't planning to take this boy to the world cup


Firstly, Akpeyi did not say he had mental issues.

I know the South African national league isn't well ranked but Akpeyi, as bad as he is, is probably better than this kid. He is playing at a more competitive level and is a professional goalie starting games once a week.

Ezenwa is ok and Uzoho is okay too (at least he plays regularly for the best ranked team in the Spanish 3rd div). I'll take those 3 over a goalie playing for the U19 team of a German 2nd div side. And if those three aren't good enough, we'll get someone else Alampasu, Nwokolor or a goalie from the naija League.


Good! Take them out for lunch, because thats the only thing you are going to be doing. Rohr is the one who takes players to the world cup! Best believe that! :lol: :lol: And if Rohr wants to take a 12 year old who was born in a German mortuary, there is nothing you can do about that. sorry, bro! :D


I'm only stating my preference and opinion. The notion that a U19 abi na U12 goalie in the German league is better than Akpeyi is also your opinion.

I recognize that both options are terrible. Luckily for us, the coaches get to choose.

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 35549
Location: UK
Mr Shows wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Obong wrote:
This year's World Cup is simply going to remind the world about Nigeria's awesome potential. The 2022 World Cup may come back with us to Abuja with the multitude of young, quality talent at our disposal. These are exciting times.


Talent is hardly our problem. We are specialist in pressing the self destruct button.

Rohr better reach the QF or else he is toast :taunt: No excuse. Even loss of friendlies before the WC may lead to hi sack to be replaced by a 'World Class' coach.
This s a legitimate fear, knowing us.
Everyone is waxing lyrical about Rohr right now but like you said, one wrong move and loyalty will dissipate like he killed somebody.
You only need to go back a few months to see how Pinnick has gone from persona non grata to the grudging respect he is given today. Again, it could all change in the blink of an eye.

But if we are willing to give them time, I totally agree that we have a crop of young potential world beaters. In 2013, we were pretty sure it would be Iheanacho, Alampasu, Chidera Ezeh and Musa Yahaya dem, but life has a way of blindsiding all of us.

2018 might just be a dress rehearsal for 2022...


KPOM, my bro, this is Nigeria we are talking about, all that good work can be undone in the twinkle of an eye. We need not only the coach for continuity but also the current NFF board. If Pinnick and co lose the NFF elections after the WC, we may head back to the drawing board. I remember the hysteria after the loss to SA, that some CEs even opened a Rohr laughing thread. However, the omens look good for the future and I cannot but help salivate at the potentials at our disposal like Osimhen, Uduokahi (?), Iwobi, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Success, Ebuehi, Nura, Sadiq, Uzoho, Alampasu, Deji, Sarenren-Bazee, Okoye, Yahaya, Nwakili brothers, Okonkwo, Ipalibo, Awaziem, Aina, Sokari etc, the future is bright!


Boom Shakalaka :thumb: .. and these are the 'known' elements.

More good moves.....
Quote:
Rohr signs contract extension, advises humility
ON JANUARY 17, 20187:44 PMIN NEWS, SPORTS

The Nigeria Football Federation on Wednesday signed a two–year contract extension with Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser Gernot Rohr.

Image
NFF President Pinnick (right) in a handshake with Gernot Rohr after the contract extension


NFF 1st Vice President, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi, explained that Rohr, initially taken on board in July 2016, deserved the extension after qualifying the Super Eagles for the 2018 FIFA World Cup finals, even with a match to spare. “He has done a very good job and when someone does a good job, he gets a reward. We are proud to have taken Mr. Rohr on board and we are delighted to be signing this contract extension with him.”

Rohr, who played as a defender and has coached Burkina Faso, Niger Republic and Gabon national teams before landing in Nigeria, expressed joy at the extension of the relationship, while insisting that the Super Eagles players and officials must remain level–headed and focused going forward.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/roh ... -humility/



Quote:
SPORTS
Rohr signs another two-year contract
Published January 18, 2018
’Tana Aiyejina

The Nigeria Football Federation on Wednesday in Lagos handed a new two-year deal to Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr.

Rohr took charge of the national team in 2016, after they failed to qualify for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, and has largely turned around the fortunes of the side.

Under the German, the Eagles emerged as the first African team to qualify for the Russia 2018 World Cup, with a game to spare, as well as recording a 4-2 victory over Argentina in a friendly in Krasnodar in November.

“We gave Gernot Rohr an extension (of his contract) because we don’t want Germany to snatch him from us if he wins the World Cup. We believe in continuity and what he’s been able to achieve. He’s determined, resilient and dogged. We want to go to the World Cup to make sure everything is well,” NFF president Amaju Pinnick stated.

NFF 1st vice-president Seyi Akinwunmi said the federation gave the former Niger, Gabon and Burkina Faso coach an improved deal.

“It’s an enhanced contract because he (Rohr) did well. We sat down in Russia during the Argentina friendly and we agreed on various terms,” Akinwunmi said.

After reviving the dwindling fortunes of the Eagles, Rohr said he was excited to manage the team for another two years.

“I’m happy to work with this Nigerian team; it’s a family. We are the youngest team in the world, so the future will be bright,” Rohr stated.
https://punchng.com/rohr-signs-another- ... -contract/

_________________
"Ole ni gbogbo won"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 32387
Damunk wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Obong wrote:
This year's World Cup is simply going to remind the world about Nigeria's awesome potential. The 2022 World Cup may come back with us to Abuja with the multitude of young, quality talent at our disposal. These are exciting times.


Talent is hardly our problem. We are specialist in pressing the self destruct button.

Rohr better reach the QF or else he is toast :taunt: No excuse. Even loss of friendlies before the WC may lead to hi sack to be replaced by a 'World Class' coach.
This s a legitimate fear, knowing us.
Everyone is waxing lyrical about Rohr right now but like you said, one wrong move and loyalty will dissipate like he killed somebody.
You only need to go back a few months to see how Pinnick has gone from persona non grata to the grudging respect he is given today. Again, it could all change in the blink of an eye.

But if we are willing to give them time, I totally agree that we have a crop of young potential world beaters. In 2013, we were pretty sure it would be Iheanacho, Alampasu, Chidera Ezeh and Musa Yahaya dem, but life has a way of blindsiding all of us.

2018 might just be a dress rehearsal for 2022...


KPOM, my bro, this is Nigeria we are talking about, all that good work can be undone in the twinkle of an eye. We need not only the coach for continuity but also the current NFF board. If Pinnick and co lose the NFF elections after the WC, we may head back to the drawing board. I remember the hysteria after the loss to SA, that some CEs even opened a Rohr laughing thread. However, the omens look good for the future and I cannot but help salivate at the potentials at our disposal like Osimhen, Uduokahi (?), Iwobi, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Success, Ebuehi, Nura, Sadiq, Uzoho, Alampasu, Deji, Sarenren-Bazee, Okoye, Yahaya, Nwakili brothers, Okonkwo, Ipalibo, Awaziem, Aina, Sokari etc, the future is bright!


Boom Shakalaka :thumb: .. and these are the 'known' elements.

More good moves.....
Quote:
Rohr signs contract extension, advises humility
ON JANUARY 17, 20187:44 PMIN NEWS, SPORTS

The Nigeria Football Federation on Wednesday signed a two–year contract extension with Super Eagles’ Technical Adviser Gernot Rohr.

Image
NFF President Pinnick (right) in a handshake with Gernot Rohr after the contract extension


NFF 1st Vice President, Barrister Seyi Akinwunmi, explained that Rohr, initially taken on board in July 2016, deserved the extension after qualifying the Super Eagles for the 2018 FIFA World Cup finals, even with a match to spare. “He has done a very good job and when someone does a good job, he gets a reward. We are proud to have taken Mr. Rohr on board and we are delighted to be signing this contract extension with him.”

Rohr, who played as a defender and has coached Burkina Faso, Niger Republic and Gabon national teams before landing in Nigeria, expressed joy at the extension of the relationship, while insisting that the Super Eagles players and officials must remain level–headed and focused going forward.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/roh ... -humility/



Quote:
SPORTS
Rohr signs another two-year contract
Published January 18, 2018
’Tana Aiyejina

The Nigeria Football Federation on Wednesday in Lagos handed a new two-year deal to Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr.

Rohr took charge of the national team in 2016, after they failed to qualify for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, and has largely turned around the fortunes of the side.

Under the German, the Eagles emerged as the first African team to qualify for the Russia 2018 World Cup, with a game to spare, as well as recording a 4-2 victory over Argentina in a friendly in Krasnodar in November.

“We gave Gernot Rohr an extension (of his contract) because we don’t want Germany to snatch him from us if he wins the World Cup. We believe in continuity and what he’s been able to achieve. He’s determined, resilient and dogged. We want to go to the World Cup to make sure everything is well,” NFF president Amaju Pinnick stated.

NFF 1st vice-president Seyi Akinwunmi said the federation gave the former Niger, Gabon and Burkina Faso coach an improved deal.

“It’s an enhanced contract because he (Rohr) did well. We sat down in Russia during the Argentina friendly and we agreed on various terms,” Akinwunmi said.

After reviving the dwindling fortunes of the Eagles, Rohr said he was excited to manage the team for another two years.

“I’m happy to work with this Nigerian team; it’s a family. We are the youngest team in the world, so the future will be bright,” Rohr stated.
https://punchng.com/rohr-signs-another- ... -contract/

:clap: Good news let him go out now and compete for the world cup.He can win it if he believe his team is good to beat anyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:56 pm
Posts: 10101
Does Okoye actually play regularly? We have a lot of promising young GKs (sadly playing in the reserves - Uzoho, Okoye, Nwokolor, Alampasu...).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fabio and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group