NFF Signs $4m Deal With Coca-Cola

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
NFF Signs $4m Deal With Coca-Cola

Post by Goldleaf »

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-nff-sig ... -coca-cola
NFF signs $4m five-year sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola
January 17
11:56

Coca-Cola, a soft drink company, has signed a five-year partnership worth over $4m with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The sponsorship deal was signed on Wednesday at the Eko Hotels & Suites, Lagos.

Coca-Cola is also the official World Cup sponsor of the Super Eagles as well as other Nigerian national teams.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Signs $4m Deal With Coca-Cola

Post by Enugu II »

Goldleaf wrote:https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-nff-sig ... -coca-cola
NFF signs $4m five-year sponsorship deal with Coca-Cola
January 17
11:56

Coca-Cola, a soft drink company, has signed a five-year partnership worth over $4m with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The sponsorship deal was signed on Wednesday at the Eko Hotels & Suites, Lagos.

Coca-Cola is also the official World Cup sponsor of the Super Eagles as well as other Nigerian national teams.
:thumb: :thumb:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

This is egghead-tastic
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

$4 million....for 5 years?

“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

They might not be the main sponsor.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Gooner1 wrote:$4 million....for 5 years?

We got ZERO from Nike for 4 years sponsorship , I think.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tbite wrote:They might not be the main sponsor.
From media reports they are simply having exclusive rights as beverage for the Nigerian national teams. That indicates that there are or will be sponsors for exclusive rights on other services to the team.

I am not sure what main sponsor is. If it is like the type with Globacom a few years ago then it really is not the best as it drives away other opportunities with companies. Best to have multiple sponsors for all kinds of services.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I hope it won't end-up being a disaster or some people diverting the money to their pockets
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Well done! Kudos to the NFF and egg head. :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

How much are they receiving now? :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

We wouldn't be Nigerians if we don't have at least some people to still find something wrong with the deal. You try bro, continue... :taunt:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Robbynice wrote:

We wouldn't be Nigerians if we don't have at least some people to still find something wrong with the deal. You try bro, continue... :taunt:
He's a gooner, complaining is in their blood :sneaky: :tic:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

metalalloy wrote:Well done! Kudos to the NFF and egg head. :clap: :clap:
Amen to that... :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

metalalloy wrote:Well done! Kudos to the NFF and egg head. :clap: :clap:
You do know it's not cool to be calling the one and only NFF dumpty "egghead" - I mean what has the man done to you? :?: :shock:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

In all fairness to Pinnick, he is a lot more exposed and cosmopolitan than previous NFF bosses. He understands the role of private sponsorship in sports.

Our problem over the years has been that NFF staff have been weaned on state handouts. They thus do not understand the concept of generating your own revenue or making the Super Eagles a brand.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

pajimoh wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

small minded paj.....Nigerians don't know their worth......
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Gooner1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Abeg stop talking big. Where were you when Nike didn't even give us a penny for wearing their shirt and some of us complained? You think years of missing afcon increased our value? You also think sponsorship in England US and Nigeria carry the same equity and value?

If NFF can have about 4 strategic sponsors in place, they will be ok. What they've not been able tp do is make the SE a cool brand to support, as such they've not been able to tap into merchandise spin offs they could be raking from
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:In all fairness to Pinnick, he is a lot more exposed and cosmopolitan than previous NFF bosses. He understands the role of private sponsorship in sports.

Our problem over the years has been that NFF staff have been weaned on state handouts. They thus do not understand the concept of generating your own revenue or making the Super Eagles a brand.
Oh please.

Well done for the sponsorship.

I believe the govt is providing funds for the WC in Russia.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The Nigerian govt is bringing a lot of money to support the Super Eagles, this money can be used to develop our youth football and female football.

Well done NFF.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

For a Gold rated company like Coke (the most well known brand name on earth), $4m over 5 years does seem paltry.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

wiseone wrote:For a Gold rated company like Coke (the most well known brand name on earth), $4m over 5 years does seem paltry.
Either Pinnick is good at signing poor sponsorship or bad at negotiating. Until we see the details (just like the Nike deal) we can't judge.

That's $8000,000 per year.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

pajimoh wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Abeg stop talking big. Where were you when Nike didn't even give us a penny for wearing their shirt and some of us complained? You think years of missing afcon increased our value? You also think sponsorship in England US and Nigeria carry the same equity and value?

If NFF can have about 4 strategic sponsors in place, they will be ok. What they've not been able tp do is make the SE a cool brand to support, as such they've not been able to tap into merchandise spin offs they could be raking from
:???: :???:
what has Nike got to do with Coke-Cola?....this is not a deal, it is called a mugging.......if you think this is what you are worth then don't worry....be happy :D

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

NFF unveils details of World Cup friendly games for Eagles as it signs five year deal with Coca-Cola - See more at: https://goo.gl/hzDzFe