Super Eagles friendly Schedule for Russia 2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Eagles friendly Schedule for Russia 2018

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Why no Scandinavian tean like Norway or Sweden?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Why no Scandinavian tean like Norway or Sweden?
What for?

I think that's a good set of friendlies.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

walesvilla wrote:According to Serbia seem the London game will be played at the Emirates. That is huge if true
Who no like money? :mrgreen: Nigerians no dey hear word when it comes to the Emirates.

Wha choo looking at?!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

walesvilla wrote:According to Serbia seem the London game will be played at the Emirates. That is huge if true
Hmmmmm. That ground na bad luck stadium. Do we really want to play there? Look at how poor Iwobi is whenever he is on that pitch.
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

7th February: NIKE to launch official kit in London

23rd March: Friendly Vs Poland in Warsaw

27th March: Friendly Vs Serbia in London

22nd May – 30th May: First Phase Camping in Abuja/Uyo

28th May: Friendly Vs DR Congo in Abuja/Uyo

2nd June: Friendly Vs England in London. (Same night, Sponsors/
Partners event in London)

3rd – 11th June: Second Phase camping in Austria

6th June: Friendly Vs Czech Republic in Austria

9th June: Friendly Vs TBC in Austria

From 11th June: Close camp at team base camp in Yessentuki

http://www.thenff.com/2018/01/nff-revea ... p-program/
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:7th February: NIKE to launch official kit in London

One has to commend the NFF mehn... :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

the game against DR Congo should be prosecuted entirely with fringe players who are on the cusp, we do not want to wear our players out.

England should be our strongest team.

depending on who the final opponent is the stronger side should also face our main team while the weaker opponent should have heavy rotation.

There should be no less than 30 players in camp when we play DR Congo.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

6 friendlies before World Cup for a team that heavily relies on Mikel, Moses and ndidi is quite risky. In fact, we’re asking for burnout/injuries. 4 friends should had been enough
2 in march
1 in may
1 in June
By now, most of our 23 are already complete so I’m confused why 6 friendlies are needed. I hope this agents hasn’t compromised rohr integrity causing him to schedule more friendlies to try out newer players
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:6 friendlies before World Cup for a team that heavily relies on Mikel, Moses and ndidi is quite risky. In fact, we’re asking for burnout/injuries. 4 friends should had been enough
2 in march
1 in may
1 in June
By now, most of our 23 are already complete so I’m confused why 6 friendlies are needed. I hope this agents hasn’t compromised rohr integrity causing him to schedule more friendlies to try out newer players
right now we have 5 guaranteed friendlies and supposedly working on getting a sixth.

There is nothing wrong with 6 friendlies as long as they are used strategically.

Before last WC we played 3 friendlies, this WC we aim to play 4.

Our depth chart is far greater in 2018 than it was in 2014, so frankly we have many more players to test, and competition will be much greater, unlike the joke that took place under Keshi.

Nothing wrong with 4 friendlies before the WC, as long as we play fringe players against DR Congo and do not burn out our main team in all matches. I am sure Rohr will be giving all the players chance to play and will make plenty of substitutions.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Kabalega wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ghana and Uganda nko? Guess they’ve been relegated to closed door practice games in Abuja.

Wcq good o
Dnq no good o :laugh:
You want the team to lose another friendly against Uganda in 9ja? :)
That's not good for morale heading into the World Cup. :D
Ug is good for practise sessions
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

There’s no need scheduling 6 friendlies prior to World Cup or 2 in the same month as World Cup especially as we’re heavily reluctant on few players. I believe that if rohr was still searching for multiple new players presently then it’s advisable to play 6 games. But from the look of things, rohr already has his main guys for World Cup so I don’t know who you guys intend on prosecuting those 6 games. We should understand that our players are coming from a long season so playing 2 games in may and 2 in June prior to World Cup is risky in my opinion. Anyway, this is just my opinion sha
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

john12 wrote:There’s no need scheduling 6 friendlies prior to World Cup or 2 in the same month as World Cup especially as we’re heavily reluctant on few players. I believe that if rohr was still searching for multiple new players presently then it’s advisable to play 6 games. But from the look of things, rohr already has his main guys for World Cup so I don’t know who you guys intend on prosecuting those 6 games. We should understand that our players are coming from a long season so playing 2 games in may and 2 in June prior to World Cup is risky in my opinion. Anyway, this is just my opinion sha
Friendlies are also for trying out new strategies and not just new players. These strategies are best tested when closer to competition and with the most probable squad.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ghana and Uganda nko? Guess they’ve been relegated to closed door practice games in Abuja.

Wcq good o
Dnq no good o :laugh:
You want the team to lose another friendly against Uganda in 9ja? :)
That's not good for morale heading into the World Cup. :D
Chief! Des days, you jus dey make me laf :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thus in reality, you believe Uganda will be Nigeria - eh? I understand anything can happen in matches, but at moment, there are very few teams in Africa that can beat the Super-eagles. However, I don't believe Uganda is one of such teams
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

john12 wrote:There’s no need scheduling 6 friendlies prior to World Cup or 2 in the same month as World Cup especially as we’re heavily reluctant on few players. I believe that if rohr was still searching for multiple new players presently then it’s advisable to play 6 games. But from the look of things, rohr already has his main guys for World Cup so I don’t know who you guys intend on prosecuting those 6 games. We should understand that our players are coming from a long season so playing 2 games in may and 2 in June prior to World Cup is risky in my opinion. Anyway, this is just my opinion sha
... and I second your opinion. I think six matches is too much especially because coach Rohr already have a clue of his men. Granted tactics will be tried and et al., but are we planning to show our "tricks" to our competitors? Well; the NFF, coach Rohr and his crew knows better
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

john12 wrote:6 friendlies before World Cup for a team that heavily relies on Mikel, Moses and ndidi is quite risky. In fact, we’re asking for burnout/injuries. 4 friends should had been enough
2 in march
1 in may
1 in June
We need the friendlies. Injuries can happen even before the friendlies.

This was a tough friendly against Yugoslavia days before the 1998 world Cup. And Baruwa was found out.

[/video]
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

most other countries are playing 2 friendlies in March

most countries will play at least 3 more friendlies before the WC

I don't see the fuss. And no we do not know our players.

Just last match we discovered Ebuehi and Idowu who have both only played HALF A MATCH for SE. Both options look better than Echiejele. Aina also has only played 1.5 matches for us.

Uzoho has played half a match for us.

Yes we need more games, do not be mistaken.

We have yet to test

Joel Obi
Bazee
Success
Bonaventure
Oshimen
Okonkwo

We have plenty to do if we want to be at our optimal best.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Baruwa oo -The stage fright was too much to handle – this is why we need those friendly to find more about all our keepers on world stage- so far Akpeyi is a big suspect at the world stage.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

VE, by this time the coach already knows most of his first 11. I hope you’re not insinuating that shehu should be dropped for ebuehi on the basics of a “2nd half performance”? Not good. I believe that the coach already knows most of his 23 members at this point and playing 2 games in may and June will be risky to our players. It will be risky injury-wise and our opponents will be privy to tactics, players etc. Nigerians needs to stop this mentality of “1 bad or good” game deciding if players should be dropped or selected because that’s not how football works
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Van city there’s no more time for tryouts . This isn’t scremage or open tryout, The coach should focus on the players available and work on tactics, cohesiveness, familiarity, teamwork and bonding. Most of the players that qualified us for World Cup should be used at the World Cup. After World Cup, all those guys you listed can be integrated in the team
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Why launch our kit in London and not Abuja?
Is Nike launching kits for more than one country or just Nigeria on this date?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Sir V wrote:
2 in march
1 in may
1 in June
We need the friendlies. Injuries can happen even before the friendlies.

This was a tough friendly against Yugoslavia days before the 1998 world Cup. And Baruwa was found out.

[/video]
Absolutely shambolic defending and goalkeeping in this match. The goalkeeper (Abiodun Baruwa) should be shot for that 2nd goal!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Should be shot for a football match? Na wa for people here o what kind of evil thought is that
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »