Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:05 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9118
We all know this is evident. It is even worse when you have black Africans who cannot see a fellow black footballer without seeing him as a Defensive Midfielder, a water carrier, a this and a that.

Ask most people on CE what positions Pogba or Naby plays and they will tell you "DM." What a shame. :oops:



https://www.facebook.com/bbcafrica/vide ... 30d76fdb2c

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36364
Location: Land of the Terrapins
danfo driver wrote:
We all know this is evident. It is even worse when you have black Africans who cannot see a fellow black footballer without seeing him as a Defensive Midfielder, a water carrier, a this and a that.

Ask most people on CE what positions Pogba or Naby plays and they will tell you "DM." What a shame. :oops:



https://www.facebook.com/bbcafrica/vide ... 30d76fdb2c


Even transfermarkt is racist they list both Pogba and Naby as Central, Defensive or Attacking Midfielders :taunt:

I think this one is overdoing it haba, so many examples of dark skinned players playing in various positions.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36573
Location: Somewhere
danfo driver wrote:
We all know this is evident. It is even worse when you have black Africans who cannot see a fellow black footballer without seeing him as a Defensive Midfielder, a water carrier, a this and a that.

Ask most people on CE what positions Pogba or Naby plays and they will tell you "DM." What a shame. :oops:



https://www.facebook.com/bbcafrica/vide ... 30d76fdb2c


No blame dem...stars like Makelele, Essien, Mikel don make that position "palatable" so tay any imposing Black midfielders are looked upon in that mould. See Kante destroying the EPL for 3 yrs in a row now...

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9118
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
We all know this is evident. It is even worse when you have black Africans who cannot see a fellow black footballer without seeing him as a Defensive Midfielder, a water carrier, a this and a that.

Ask most people on CE what positions Pogba or Naby plays and they will tell you "DM." What a shame. :oops:



https://www.facebook.com/bbcafrica/vide ... 30d76fdb2c


No blame dem...stars like Makelele, Essien, Mikel don make that position "palatable" so tay any imposing Black midfielders are looked upon in that mould. See Kante destroying the EPL for 3 yrs in a row now...


abi?! Thats how Guardiola went and played Yaya Toure as a CB!! :lol: :lol: :lol: yaya toure!!??

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:08 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 19787
Location: Canada
Can’t play the video. Is there such thing as less prominent position?

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28716
@Barrington Danfo, perhaps it's more a matter of opinion than fact, does the prefix "defensive" imply lesser prominence? As a "defensive" midfielder, Ngolo Kante was argued to have been the player of the year by many pundits, many of whom were once upon a time, of the presumed more prominent positions.

What of deeper role, what prominence is that afforded within this arbitrary metric system? Kevin De Bruyne was clad in the more prominent "attacking midfielder" prefix last season and yet, now in a deeper role, is having his most prominent innings at the Etihad. Is deeper therefore more prominent than attacking? Pogba and Kante are both said to have played in deeper roles on occasions and yet they're assumed to have played at lesser prominence, which asks the question, at how leagues beneath Stevie G level does deep become less prominent?

And what is darker skin, are we talking Jermaine Defoe or Bouba Diop black? George Weah and Desailly were as black as molasses. Surely dark skin is entirely relative. Dark skin to who?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16597
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
felarey wrote:
Can’t play the video. Is there such thing as less prominent position?


felarey,

Yes, there is a central position in all sports and it has been studied for years and yes in some sports it has been shown that race matters in whether coaches decided who plays in those positions. The positions are often more central or what is also referred to as the spine in some sports. Research also shows that players in those positions have higher probability of being made captain. Here is a study on such issues but this one is not about race:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.453.4598&rep=rep1&type=pdf

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 1495
so you continental africans have started this pathetic behavior? black americans and their racist black live matter movement have infected you and so u too have started waving victimhood bullshit like a trump card


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36573
Location: Somewhere
aykwes8 wrote:
so you continental africans have started this pathetic behavior? black americans and their racist black live matter movement have infected you and so u too have started waving victimhood bullshit like a trump card



take a deep breath, collect your thoughts and post them in a coherent manner. Perhaps, you may have a point worth discussing.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 76593
Location: Earth
Even though danfo head hardly no dey house, bobo dey spot on 100%

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9118
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
so you continental africans have started this pathetic behavior? black americans and their racist black live matter movement have infected you and so u too have started waving victimhood bullshit like a trump card



take a deep breath, collect your thoughts and post them in a coherent manner. Perhaps, you may have a point worth discussing.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9118
We all know the "Tall, Big and black" player is supposed to always be a "Vieira." Play him as a destroyer! Even when is is actually a playmaker. :oops:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 50470
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Even though danfo head hardly no dey house, bobo dey spot on 100%

Mumu...both of una heads no dey house..I guess Pirlo is from Sudan and Mane is from Kopenhagen.. :evil:

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9118
paj wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Even though danfo head hardly no dey house, bobo dey spot on 100%

Mumu...both of una heads no dey house..I guess Pirlo is from Sudan and Mane is from Kopenhagen.. :evil:


What position did Andrea Pirlo play prior to joining Milan? And What position did Ancelotti "create" for him, and how was it created?

What position does Mane play at Liverpool?


By the way, I am hopeful that you know that the argument here is not that EVERY SINGLE black player plays in less prominent positions. Drogba, Eto'o both played in prominent positions. I thought the argument was quite clear.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 40877
Location: Pennsylvania
Danfo is on point here.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 19787
Location: Canada
Enugu II wrote:
felarey wrote:
Can’t play the video. Is there such thing as less prominent position?


felarey,

Yes, there is a central position in all sports and it has been studied for years and yes in some sports it has been shown that race matters in whether coaches decided who plays in those positions. The positions are often more central or what is also referred to as the spine in some sports. Research also shows that players in those positions have higher probability of being made captain. Here is a study on such issues but this one is not about race:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.453.4598&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Interesting read... going by this research, it's easy to see why a minority could have a longer shot at attaining the prominent position. When all of task, social and external are considered.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29557
Location: Canada
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aykwes8 wrote:
so you continental africans have started this pathetic behavior? black americans and their racist black live matter movement have infected you and so u too have started waving victimhood bullshit like a trump card



take a deep breath, collect your thoughts and post them in a coherent manner. Perhaps, you may have a point worth discussing.

Doc nwokem. :D See as you jos dey get mout pass me. :thumbs:

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], omk and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group